Schon R9 Stitch Ring For Sale or Trade

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
If you have ever wanted an unique R series Schon, here is your chance.

Body
This is a sweet cue, the butt weighs 15.2 oz and is straight. The butt cap is original and in great condition. The butt-sleeve is ebony with 6 hard wood windows. I just had a new Irish linen wrap installed that is white with green specs. The 4 points are ebony with black, double brown, natural veneers and also feature a hardwood triangle inlay that matches the windows in the butt-sleeve. Straight grain maple was used for the forearm with a light stain. The joint is SS with a 5/15 14 joint pin.

The butt of this cue is in need of a refinish. The butt-sleeve has several finish dings that you can't feel with your hand. Please see the photos for a better idea. The forearm's finish is real nice and only has a few real small dings that are super hard to see or feel.

Shaft:
Shaft 1-29 1/8", 12.75mm, 4.2oz. new ivory ferrule with Ultra SKin med. tip with a red backer, stitch ring collar

Shaft 2-28.7", 12.45mm, 4.0oz. original micarta ferrule, unknown tip, stitch ring collar. There is a dark brown spot in the wood of this shaft that looks like a sugar mark.

Both of these shafts had the micarta ferrule cut down to about 3/4" at some point in time. When the new ivory ferrule was installed, the original down was still the original length and did not need to be replaced. It was a straight forward install with no suprises.

I am asking sold pending payment shipped USPS Priority w/insurance and tracking to US ONLY! I have about 250.00 that I can throw in for trades up.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,837
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,761
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,774
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,666
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,641
Last edited:

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Shaft Pictures

Here are a few pictures of the shafts:

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,717
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,643
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,645
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,662
Last edited:

strum4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
15.2 oz. Butt (Weight Bolt?)

I have an R-6, Runde-era Schon, and I would never sell it. I looked for a nice one for more than five years, and the wait paid off. I've since been lucky to find another original shaft with full micarta ferrule, and with a shaft diameter close to 13 mm, also having the stiched ring work.

My cue weighs an even 20 ounces with shaft, with the butt weighing 15.85.

There is a screw that holds the rubber bumper on, and it threads into the end of a weight bolt.

I'm curious as to whether the weight bolt in your cue has been removed or cut down.

Have you removed the rubber bumper to have a further look at the cue, and whether it has a weight bolt? 15.2 oz. seems in spec with today's custom cues, but light for an 80's Schon R-9.

Good luck with your sale. These cues have both a beautiful design and are super players!

Regards,

Glen

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
WT Bolt

I removed the bumper to check the wt. bolt. I could not get the bolt out and did not want to risk damage to the butt cap. This is what I have:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,017

strum4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
That is the original weight bolt, for sure. Your cue is a perfect weight. No need to take the bolt out. I believe these bolts are the same as what the older C and D-series McDermotts used, and they can be pretty hard to find.

I have an 80's Joss, in which the butt of the cue is missing such a weight bolt, and I need to find one, so I can use play with that cue, as I have a bunch of shafts that will fit it, the butt weighs under 14 oz. in its current state.

Somebody should grab this classic! I would if I didn't own a nice R-6.

Merry Christmas,

Glen