LD shaft made in Indonesia by "Anwar Cues"

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Insight by Hollywood.

I got a lot of good reviews, by experienced players,and inexperienced players!! 40 differen't people took there toll on the Shaft- I let them all break with the shaft too full Power! Everyone said they liked the idea of playing and breaking with the shaft too. (definitly a plus. I started to dissect the shaft .( I cut it apart!!!) Now I see why the shaft-weighted more like a reg.shaft,and felt like a reg shaft.-The Tenon comes through the ferrule, It is not capped. It is not a solid wooden tenon , The inside 10mm is a linen tenon. Definitely stronger than the shaft wood- which I felt was soft(but was straight grained,and dead straight. I used a video camera while I was shooting while playing (Kims DavenPorts- Target Pool) and doing some lessons from Scott Lee, just to make sure - I would remember results accurately. I easily picked up the speed lessons , I could draw ,stop and follow the balls with ease.
I rebuilt the shaft- using better glue- Micarta ferrule,Diamond (6 layered pigskin tip). not buffalo for playing.
I do have to say mine came with(sanding imperfections) someone used 100 grit and did no final sanding- In american that won't fly! We demand Perfection for 200USD

I would like too see better quality shaft wood(dented easily)- a quality layered tip or Name brand but softer Tip. Totally different glue for tenon ,ferrule and tip( looked like contact cement of some kind) In my Opinion totally wrong glue.

Thanks for the shaft, I did enjoy testing and so did others! good luck in the future- God bless, mark

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I got a lot of good reviews, by experienced players,and inexperienced players!! 40 differen't people took there toll on the Shaft- I let them all break with the shaft too full Power! Everyone said they liked the idea of playing and breaking with the shaft too. (definitly a plus. I started to dissect the shaft .( I cut it apart!!!) Now I see why the shaft-weighted more like a reg.shaft,and felt like a reg shaft.-The Tenon comes through the ferrule, It is not capped. It is not a solid wooden tenon , The inside 10mm is a linen tenon. Definitely stronger than the shaft wood- which I felt was soft(but was straight grained,and dead straight. I used a video camera while I was shooting while playing (Kims DavenPorts- Target Pool) and doing some lessons from Scott Lee, just to make sure - I would remember results accurately. I easily picked up the speed lessons , I could draw ,stop and follow the balls with ease.
I rebuilt the shaft- using better glue- Micarta ferrule,Diamond (6 layered pigskin tip). not buffalo for playing.
I do have to say mine came with(sanding imperfections) someone used 100 grit and did no final sanding- In american that won't fly! We demand Perfection for 200USD

I would like too see better quality shaft wood(dented easily)- a quality layered tip or Name brand but softer Tip. Totally different glue for tenon ,ferrule and tip( looked like contact cement of some kind) In my Opinion totally wrong glue.

Thanks for the shaft, I did enjoy testing and so did others! good luck in the future- God bless, mark

Firstly I would like to thank Holly for the reviews, and others who have tried the shaft. I am really glad that people willing to try the shaft.

How about the Low Deflection/squirt of the shaft? what does it compared to? Did you really dismantle the shaft...man oh man...

So I am going to explain about the glue that I am using...the glue for the linen tenon and the ferrule is exactly the same glue, it is a slow dry cement glue...why? 1 this glue is very strong...2nd this glue will add a little weight to the end tip ferrule....as for the tip I am not using a speed glue and other type of quick dry glue because the feeling of the quick dry glue is not quite natural, when dired it felt like plastic...just my 2 cent and the tip that came with it is a laminated tiger tip i dont like using it though...but most American player like the tiger tips.

and finally the sanding problem I have explain to the thread recently...it took around 1 week or so to make 1 shaft with good quality...for the trial version we make 7 shaft in 10 days...so we actually don't have much time in making the trial version. We are using the first in first out system so the second order always have to queue for its turn.

Once again thank you Hollywood for the trouble trying the shaft...

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
i have finished evaluating my shaft, but haven't had time yet to write up the review...i'll get it up soon though, just been busy with work.

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Rating - 98.9%
88   1   0
I read your *review* and would've been pissed if I paid 2 cents for it .. no meat whatsoever. If I made and gave you the shaft to you FREE in return for a meaningful review, I'd be royally pissed.

hidy ho i don't know if you got on the list to get a shaft . I feel that you need to really buy one . It might be something you can like , I find it funny you got something to say on how people post there review, Please note that if you don't like what other people views on the shaft keep them to yourself
. Who are to judge ? He sent out shafts to people that HE FELT Would give feed back on his shafts be it good or bad .. So show some respect to others thanks...

And being pissed i'm not . :cool:

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Rayshooter is in Europe on a school trip. I know he hasnt been playing pool lately, he is wrapped up in school work for finals. email is the best way to reach him Anwar.

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Rayshooter is in Europe on a school trip. I know he hasnt been playing pool lately, he is wrapped up in school work for finals. email is the best way to reach him Anwar.

Thank you for the input Uwate...I will just wait for him to try the shaft then.

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I read your *review* and would've been pissed if I paid 2 cents for it .. no meat whatsoever. If I made and gave you the shaft to you FREE in return for a meaningful review, I'd be royally pissed.

hidy ho i don't know if you got on the list to get a shaft . I feel that you need to really buy one . It might be something you can like , I find it funny you got something to say on how people post there review, Please note that if you don't like what other people views on the shaft keep them to yourself
. Who are to judge ? He sent out shafts to people that HE FELT Would give feed back on his shafts be it good or bad .. So show some respect to others thanks...

And being pissed i'm not . :cool:

I would like to thank hidy ho for pointing out the kind of detail explanation should be and should not. eg precise angle of the squirt and deflection, the amount of power give out to see how spinny the english is, balance propotional weight of the shaft, length of the ferrule, diameter of the ferrule, and of course a competition against other LD shafts. a light weight shaft is easy to shoot a draw shot but is quite hard to shoot a follow shot ( less power ) and so on and so forth..

I would like people to try those points that I have mentioned above...to be able to see and feel the difference in shafts.

But I am also more than happy if someone have tried the shaft and liked it very much. I will honor every review of anwar shaft whether is good or bad. whether is a simple one or a long detailed ones. So to me this free trial version is my contributions to the AZ Billiard to try out. I am willing to share this 7 shafts to the international market.

I will write a little review from one of Indonesia best pool player, his name is Ricky Yang, he was using a couple schon cues the pred cues, southwest, TAD, you name it. he was using a pred 314 2 shaft for the LD... Anwar has made a couple of shaft for him. he tried it for a couple of weeks...the weight balance, deflection , the power for english , draw shot follow shot are executed easily with a minimum power, he also said that if he is shooting an angled cue ball to the target ball, he would just shoot aim like a plain cue ball but with a heavy english, that is how low deflect anwar shafts are. He said anwar shaft is the easiest to play with. after a couple of years until know he could not use other cues unless it is an Anwar Cues.

Maybe Ricky Yang is not top of the world in pool but his review can be counted on. People who tried anwar shaft are experiencing the same feeling as Rick's review. And lots of Indonesian right now is in the queue list in making Anwar shaft. Everyweek is like a marketplace is his workshop. who needs a new cue, or shaft, cue repaired, cue dimantlement adjusting the weight balance, brand names like carmelli cognocenti predator schon mcdermott bautistas olney and so on they all in the workshop and have to be cut in half and rebuilt, shaft like the preds, obs, musashi regular or acss, southwest shaft break shaft cues, mezz, bks, ect

as for a conclusion every body is different, he or she has his own ways of thinking or like...but respect to each other and respect the law and respect the world that are every body must have, to make this world a better living. Just my 2 cent.

Thanks for everything AZ ers

rayshooter22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Review

Hello AZ...is there anymore review coming?
Maybe from MC Chen or RayShooters

Thank you...

I'm currently in london. I'll be back in the states today. Will be placing my final review tomorrow after spending one more session with the equipment. Look out for it soon!

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
hello AZ...if its not a trouble I would like to see more reviews on the shaft....

Thank you very much

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i have finished evaluating my shaft, but haven't had time yet to write up the review...i'll get it up soon though, just been busy with work.

Hi MC Chen...any conclusion for the evaluation yet.....

thank you.....

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
thank god the holiday weekend is here....i think i will actually have time to write up my review now. will post soon....

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just Sharing this is a review by Mr Jim Baxter

"Hi Bud Got to hit a few balls with your shaft last night , was rather impressed . I question some of the other reviews . I liked it , I thought the finish was good . I think of a cue as a tool , if it works it don't have to be perfect . this shaft worked very well for me last night, but hope to do some more tonight . Jim"

I am so glad that you liked it Jim...how about the LD comparisons with other brand names?

Thank you for the review, I really appreciate it...

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
This is the review from Chalmerist
Who bought an Anwar LD shaft 2 month ago..

"I also have some more feedbacks about your LD shaft. I let a few more friends try it, and ALL of them liked how it feel (Yes, ALL of them. That even surprised me a bit). They said it IS LOW DEFLECTION, but a bit different than the Predator shafts. Some of them also asked me about the prices and how to order it, but none has pulled the trigger yet. (The guy that I sold me p2 too, also wants an ANWAR shaft for his MALI cue, but still considering). I guess that's because for the 170$, they would rather go for a Predator shaft, a well established brand. That's mainly about the hype, but could be one thing to be considered, I guess.

I REALLY like my ANWAR shaft. I REALLY do. To be honest with you, I has just ordered 2 Brand new 314-2 shafts, and 1 of them is 3X8 10, but when I try them on, it could not even compare with this ANWAR (or maybe I'm too used to with your shaft, I don't know). And therefore, the 314-2 is now in my case to be a spare shaft.

I don't have enough fund ot order a new ANWAR right now. But I have a new (tested hit only) 314-2 shaft with a NEW gennuine MOORI tip (3X8 10). I bought it 1 week ago from JOERACKEM, on ebay. I still have the invoice, receipt and everything. Could I trade it for you, to make me a new ANWAR shaft?"

Thank you for the review...

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I would like to try one 3/8 x 10
Thank you
Mortuarymike:eek:k:

I will be having a promotion sale by the next 2 weeks...

it goes like this...

"The first promotion sale is only for 5 shafts at a very unprofitable price @ $75/shaft
after the first 5 shafts are sold

The second promotion sale is going to be 25 shafts at an unprofitable price @ $100/shaft
after the second 25 shafts are sold

The third promotion sale is going to be 25 shaft at a price @ $150/shaft
after the third 25 shafts are sold

The price is going to be a normal price @ $199/shaft

All the prices above exclude shipping except when we have reached the Normal Price."

I will let you know when this promotion sale start...

Thank you for your faith in Anwar Shaft

Last edited:

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I will be having a promotion sale byxt the next 2 weeks...

it goes like this...

"The first promotion sale is only for 5 shafts at a very unprofitable price @ $75/shaft
after the first 5 shafts are sold

The second promotion sale is going to be 25 shafts at an unprofitable price @ $100/shaft
after the second 25 shafts are sold

The third promotion sale is going to be 25 shaft at a price @ $150/shaft
after the third 25 shafts are sold

The price is going to be a normal price @ $199/shaft

All the prices above exclude shipping except when we have reached the Normal Price."

I will let you know when this promotion sale start...

Thank you for your faith in Anwar Shaft

Sounds like an excellent promo :)

Chalmerist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
This is the review from Chalmerist
Who bought an Anwar LD shaft 2 month ago..

"I also have some more feedbacks about your LD shaft. I let a few more friends try it, and ALL of them liked how it feel (Yes, ALL of them. That even surprised me a bit). They said it IS LOW DEFLECTION, but a bit different than the Predator shafts. Some of them also asked me about the prices and how to order it, but none has pulled the trigger yet. (The guy that I sold me p2 too, also wants an ANWAR shaft for his MALI cue, but still considering). I guess that's because for the 170$, they would rather go for a Predator shaft, a well established brand. That's mainly about the hype, but could be one thing to be considered, I guess.

I REALLY like my ANWAR shaft. I REALLY do. To be honest with you, I has just ordered 2 Brand new 314-2 shafts, and 1 of them is 3X8 10, but when I try them on, it could not even compare with this ANWAR (or maybe I'm too used to with your shaft, I don't know). And therefore, the 314-2 is now in my case to be a spare shaft.

I don't have enough fund ot order a new ANWAR right now. But I have a new (tested hit only) 314-2 shaft with a NEW gennuine MOORI tip (3X8 10). I bought it 1 week ago from JOERACKEM, on ebay. I still have the invoice, receipt and everything. Could I trade it for you, to make me a new ANWAR shaft?"

Thank you for the review...

Yes, that was my review. Great shaft, and even a greater guy to do business with. Real top notch AZer.

I'm so glad I put my faith on the ANWAR shaft in the first place. I put one ANWAR shaft on my Olney, and it plays awesome. The Olney is my main player now. Great combo. My Schon with 314-2 shaft is now back in the case, to be a spare player. I even got a NEW 314-2 for the Olney, but does not play up to bar. Real nice shaft.

Andy said he is making me a new one. I'm so excited. Hope that it plays as good as the first one.

Thanks a lot for the shaft, and the communications, ANDY. You're a real great guy. I hope you will do well with the shaft, as well as your cue making business. I will definitely put more orders in the future.

Have a nice day

Tom