My new Diamond table!

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chalk...

I would have to say, that I would think only "Blue Diamond" chalk would be fitting! ;)

Nice table Jay!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Looks awesome Jay, congrats! Those slightly tighter pockets are perfect!

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
I'm glad your happy Jay. It was a pleasure working for you. I was stoked when you called and asked me to work on your table.

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond ?

As all the other posters have said, the table looks GREAT! Reading about your table "upgrade" makes me consider the same for my table. I have the Professional which is approx 10 years old and has a Cherry finish. Although it still looks good the wood rails has the inevitable, it seems, dimples and dings that happen with use. What I wasn't aware of was is there is a "blue label" vs a "red label" (which mine is). My question is, are there other variations available and what are the differences? Not to inquire for exact cost amount but is the price consideration $2-3K range? Oh, and by the way, I noticed Fatboy offered to buy you dinner in LA, well regretably, I have never met either of you, but I offer you each a choice barbecue possum dinner with trimmings and sipping smooth white lighting beverage should either find yourselves passing through Chattanooga, Tn.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
Your last table was the best Diamond table I've ever played on. What are the differences between the two?
Hope all is well.
Monte

They changed the rail angles and the rubber too (IIRC). The result is that they bank much truer (the red logo banks real short), balls tend to hop the rail on the red logo, and the red logo rails are too fast... All of it equaled a table that played pretty bad, IMO.

The difference on a 9'er is huge, the difference on Diamond bar tables is astronomical!!! So much so that I HATE THE RED LOGO BAR TABLES, a Valley bar box with Ridgeback rails is a MUCH better table than the red logo BB. The difference is so drastic that Diamond would be doing themselves a big favor in the long run by swapping out the red logo BB's for blues. Blue is the best BB ever made while red is way down on the list....

fool4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful !!!

Hi Jay,

What more can B said !

PS: Have I gotta take a # LOL

Best Wishes,
Noel

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It is a Pro-Am with one piece slate. I bought it after it was used in a Reno tourney three years ago. Real King Cobra originally installed it. The info offered about the rail differences are correct. No more bouncing banks (although it was never really a problem). I could have just had my table recovered but the rails were kind of messed up and I wanted the new blue label rubber. You can do it one of two ways. Either have a whole new set of rails made up for you (more expensive but quicker) or have Donnie (or ?) come out, remove your rails and redo them and then return to put them back on (a much longer process). Going with all new rails added $500 to the price but that's why it looks like a brand new table. It was $1,700 as opposed to $1,200. One place I won't skimp is on my table.

It did look too pretty to play on but my buddy Adrian (he works with Al Romero in his shop) came by and broke it in for me last night. The original pockets were 4.5" and the new ones are 4 3/8. Slight difference but I know it will play great when it's broken in a little. Come by anytime your in the area. You too Mr. Fatboy. Get me now before I get back in stroke. :thumbup:

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
You lucky spoiled SOB!!!

This upgrade is going to suck you into playing more and more, and you're going to grow a ball fo sho!

Enjoy!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The table in the pictures is a Pro-Am, which in my opinion is better than a Professional.

In the past, the guts of the two tables were different. But in the recent few years, I believe they are identical. Both tables have the same leveling system, and both can be had with a 1 or a 3 piece slate. You just have to order them in the configuration you want. Both can be had with the Dymondwood rails. So the only remaining difference is in their visual appearance below the rails, which is subjective. I like the Professional's visual appearance more:)

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rails are completely different on the Blue Diamonds. Much better then the Reds

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay, I like the way you put a line from to foot spot to the end rail. This helps in spotting balls and in racking straight. I wish all tables had this but for some unknown reason it is seldom done.

I also like to have a line drawn through the head spot to the side rails to clearly designate the 'kitchen'. Why aren't more tables marked like this? Or have you seen this more frequently in other areas of the country?

tpdtom

Really Old School
Silver Member
Congrats Jay ! When you get in gear on that the Pinoys better watch out :). The tables at Hermes look good I heard ! I plan to move close to there by the Fall...Tom

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a Pro-Am with one piece slate. I bought it after it was used in a Reno tourney three years ago. Real King Cobra originally installed it. The info offered about the rail differences are correct. No more bouncing banks (although it was never really a problem). I could have just had my table recovered but the rails were kind of messed up and I wanted the new blue label rubber. You can do it one of two ways. Either have a whole new set of rails made up for you (more expensive but quicker) or have Donnie (or ?) come out, remove your rails and redo them and then return to put them back on (a much longer process). Going with all new rails added $500 to the price but that's why it looks like a brand new table. It was $1,700 as opposed to $1,200. One place I won't skimp is on my table.

It did look too pretty to play on but my buddy Adrian (he works with Al Romero in his shop) came by and broke it in for me last night. The original pockets were 4.5" and the new ones are 4 3/8. Slight difference but I know it will play great when it's broken in a little. Come by anytime your in the area. You too Mr. Fatboy. Get me now before I get back in stroke. :thumbup:

Jay, do you play any 1pocket? I will be in LA for a couple of days, early April. I could get away during the day for a few hours if you wanted to learn :)

Lou Figueroa

Steve Dickey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay, looks fantastic and I'm sure it plays the same. I thought you had purchased an Anniversary a while back. Steve

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Didn't know you actually played this game.

Freddie <~~~ people say the same thing to me

bob c

In the Eye of the Storm
Silver Member
Frames are Different

In the past, the guts of the two tables were different. But in the recent few years, I believe they are identical. Both tables have the same leveling system, and both can be had with a 1 or a 3 piece slate. You just have to order them in the configuration you want. Both can be had with the Dymondwood rails. So the only remaining difference is in their visual appearance below the rails, which is subjective. I like the Professional's visual appearance more:)

Unless there has been a recent change, the framing is solid wood in the Pro Am and engineered wood in the Professional.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

nice!!1 i'm not instroke either. Adrian is a great guy, ill find you this week, and buy dinner:thumbup: