Efren in Action (live)

dom_poppa

Banned
To be honest with you guys, I haven't seen anything pool related that is as entertaining as Efren. People like to say pool is dead but the only way to get it back to it's glory is with Efren. The best videos out there is when Efren is playing in these money games on the streets of his country.

Tonight was another example of a great game. Efren has to give this young guy weight and plays him for hours but ends up taking the kid for huge money. The guy wouldn't stop playing and even jacks up the bet. Efren proceeds to take his money.

After the game is over, he goes and sits down with his buddies while the young man tries to set up another game for 20k against Efren.

These stories and having the stream playing in the background was great.

TAR's format is too formal and quite boring to be honest with you. A money game like this in a pool hall with real life spectators are far more entertaining. It really gives you an in-depth view about pool in it's natural setting. The gambling and mystique of pool on display naturally. Much better than a sanctioned tournament.

We need more of these reality type games in a real pool hall. It felt as if I was there.

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
To be honest with you guys, I haven't seen anything pool related that is as entertaining as Efren. People like to say pool is dead but the only way to get it back to it's glory is with Efren. The best videos out there is when Efren is playing in these money games on the streets of his country.

Tonight was another example of a great game. Efren has to give this young guy weight and plays him for hours but ends up taking the kid for huge money. The guy wouldn't stop playing and even jacks up the bet. Efren proceeds to take his money.

After the game is over, he goes and sits down with his buddies while the young man tries to set up another game for 20k against Efren.

TAR's format is too formal and quite boring to be honest with you. A money game like this in a pool hall with real life spectators are far more entertaining. It really gives you an in-depth view about pool in it's natural setting. The gambling and mystique of pool on display naturally. Much better than a sanctioned tournament.

We need more of these reality type games in a real pool hall. It felt as if I was there.

This is what I've been talking about for almost 2 years. You've taken the words right out of my mouth.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the whole 2nd set, When Efren was up 6-2 going to 7, all you could see in the chat room was a bunch of idiots critisizing Bobby for playing Efren, Bobby cant play, Dippy could beat him, so on and so on.

Then all of a sudden, Bobby starts playing and the score is 6-6, now you didnt hear 1 peep out of all the idiots, but a few of them went from Bobby cant play at all to well Efren must be dumping.

And of all people to run their mouth, the loudest was SC5TOM, Calling Bobby all sorts of names, even stooping so low to say well after losing this set Bobby will go sell some drugs and get all his money back, Bobby should punch SC5 straight in the f ing mouth if he sees him and knows what he looks like.

Bobby can play and plays fine, i just dont understand all the people attacking him for playing Efren, shut the f up idiots and enjoy the match!

There are so many idiots on the sidelines watching players play for money!

The reason most are watching the game and critisizing it are because they are scared to death to get up and play anybody.

So the next time you see someone gambling with the best player to ever play the game, no need to sit there and say anything bad, just watch and be happy that Bobby had enough Heart to get up and play the best so your sorry ass can sit there and watch it for free! Now that was intended for all the Bobby haters from lastnite!

randytabares

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the link. I watched the second set last nite. Seems to me Efren was laying down a bit or he was tired. I also think that Bobby plays real good. Fun to watch.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Gangster" slang? Really?

He had a couple of good quotes "The best place to go is stay where you at" and another one about being in the game-being on the sideline but he got too full of his "ideas" and wouldnt let go to the point of real annoyance..

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the whole 2nd set, When Efren was up 6-2 going to 7, all you could see in the chat room was a bunch of idiots critisizing Bobby for playing Efren, Bobby cant play, Dippy could beat him, so on and so on.

Then all of a sudden, Bobby starts playing and the score is 6-6, now you didnt hear 1 peep out of all the idiots, but a few of them went from Bobby cant play at all to well Efren must be dumping.

And of all people to run their mouth, the loudest was SC5TOM, Calling Bobby all sorts of names, even stooping so low to say well after losing this set Bobby will go sell some drugs and get all his money back, Bobby should punch SC5 straight in the f ing mouth if he sees him and knows what he looks like.

Bobby can play and plays fine, i just dont understand all the people attacking him for playing Efren, shut the f up idiots and enjoy the match!

The reason most are watching the game and critisizing it are because they are scared to death to get up and play anybody.

So the next time you see someone gambling with the best player to ever play the game, no need to sit there and say anything bad, just watch and be happy that Bobby had enough Heart to get up and play the best so your sorry ass can sit there and watch it for free! Now that was intended for all the Bobby haters from lastnite!

Tap Tap Richie. ..said like a guy with some heart.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've heard of this SC5 guy on here a few times. Just out of curiosity what state does he live in? I watched some too, it's always nice to see Efren play. It's the first I've seen of the other guy.

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great pov stream

I am greafull just to be able to see some live action.
Stream was very clear & it is nice to have some camera movement during the match.
Box was alittle chatty during the third set, but he does seem to know the game.

I look forwad to future streams.

SLIM

JimGinPhx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think ANYONE who gets in the box in any one on one competition has a lot of heart and a lot of guts, especially when they go against the best. Efren looks like he's still hitting them pretty good.

Lbkcuekid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched these matches and Bobby is my F*cking Hero to have that much heart and play Efren. Yeah so Bobby lost a little coin big deal, its only money and if you got play for it. If I had that kind of money I would play anyone if I thought the game was right. Bobby congrats for playing Efren I hope you can get him on the 21st I'm going to be pulling for you. 9-6 is a tough spot and no way I could do that.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9-6 from efren is pretty sporty, though it sounds like he needed more.

I recall efren coming to md and giving a fine player 11-7/ 12-7. He one bad.

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

On this I agree. Although, at times, production (number of cams, HD/no HD, quality of the commentary, etc) is nice but to me it is not the difference maker.... The pool hall, the negotiations, the game... do it again... it is like watching a news event unfold... "And You are THERE!".. :thumbup:

Chesscat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bobby

What is there in Bobby's achievements that would make him or anyone think he can beat Efren even with a 9-6 spot? Maybe there is reason to think he can do it, I don't know, I don't know anything about Bobby. I googled and youtubed it, and it looks like he did well in the Arizona one-pocket championship, losing in the finals to Jose Parica. Is there some objective reason to think he should be able to beat Efren 9-6?

How does Bobby play with Scott Frost? How does Bobby play with Alex? How does he play with Chris Bartrum for that matter?

It just seems strange to jump up and play the best. But it does show a lot of heart.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regardless of who won, I got to give it up for Bobby stepping up to play Efren. He is a living legend; enough said on that. I am not a one pocket player and did watch most of this match and contrary to many other folks found the commentary to be insightful and helped me to understand the nuances of one pocket. Sure the commentary could have been better but were not dealing with professional commentators here they are pool players doing commentary..

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched most of the last set last night and Efren was putting on a clinic. Bobby made some good shots but Efren's knowledge of the game and shot making made it look as though Bobby was in over his head. If you look back at the match though you have to appreciate Bobby's shooting skills. He is a shot maker , hopefully with some seasoning of these veterans he can get on a roll and become more focused and control the rock a little better.

Not sure if betting that high made sense. I am sure he could have gotten Efren on the table with less harm to the pocket.

At the end of the match Bobby said he played awful. I think he played carelessly thinking he would simply out shoot Efren. Hopefully in a few weeks we see a stronger and more focused match out of Bobby.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I don't play or watch one pocket typically but when it is Efren playing one pocket it's a different story. It's almost indescribable but there is something about the way he moves the cueball and controls it along with the object balls. It's on another level even if Efren as a complete pool player may no longer be at the height of his powers.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is there in Bobby's achievements that would make him or anyone think he can beat Efren even with a 9-6 spot? Maybe there is reason to think he can do it, I don't know, I don't know anything about Bobby. I googled and youtubed it, and it looks like he did well in the Arizona one-pocket championship, losing in the finals to Jose Parica. Is there some objective reason to think he should be able to beat Efren 9-6?

How does Bobby play with Scott Frost? How does Bobby play with Alex? How does he play with Chris Bartrum for that matter?

It just seems strange to jump up and play the best. But it does show a lot of heart.

Was it heart or overconfidence? It's probably as simple as the cocky young guy and his backer thought he could beat the old man. The mistake was playing for that much cash. After the first set it was clear Efren was in stroke and the kid was in over his head. Classic slow hustle by Efren to keep the second set close enough to keep the spot the same for the final set.

Or, maybe he and his backer have a ton of cash from whatever business they are in and don't mind giving a chunk of it to Efren.

Vegas Al

Registered
Efren played as well as he had to while stringing the kid along and separating him from his money. Bobby had no chance at any point in this match,he was a fool for even thinking he did. Come back in ten years kid.