Derby Banks

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the last three are Orcollo (no losses) vs Busty (1 loss) in round 12 tomorrow at 7:00 and then Strickland (1 loss) got the Rd 12 bye? Always fun reading the Derby brackets. So there could be two or three matches in the evening session depending if Orcollo has to buy back...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Let me get this straight....Orcullo is the only one without a loss at banks.
...and he's been hanging around with a guy who loves banks....
....and owns a Diamond table...:yeah:

JAY!!!!!!!!!! What did you tell Dennis?

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Way to go out on a limb picking two of the three guys left, one of which has a buy back.

Freddie <~~~ thinks Dennis, Francisco or maybe Earl will take it down

I was thinking the same thing Freddie! :thumbup:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Busty beat Orcollo in Rd 12. Now it will be Busty vs Strickland in Rd 13. Winner gets Orcollo for the Title. Let's go Busty!

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Busty squashed the Squirrel. Next up Busty vs Orcollo for the Banks championship. Nice stream tonight.

BustySemi.jpg

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Let me get this straight....Orcullo is the only one without a loss at banks.
...and he's been hanging around with a guy who loves banks....
....and owns a Diamond table...:yeah:

JAY!!!!!!!!!! What did you tell Dennis?

I told Dennis this is his year at DCC! He's not done yet. We do play Banks at my house, on a tougher table then they have here (4.25" pockets). He gives me 5-4 and I do win a game once in a while. Billy challenged me to play for $2,500, five ahead, but he wants to play Long Rack Banks and I will only play Short Rack. He told me that he was a thoroughbred and I was a field horse. :smile:

All I said is that we can make a date and play this game, FIVE AHEAD, SHORT RACK BANKS FOR $2,500! And I didn't stutter when I said it either. :grin:
Billy will see this and talk some more sh-t, but won't come to the table. Scott was there and he said he's never seen me play. He and Billy think they are stealing, laughing merrily about this match-up. I told Scott that now's his chance to see me play and can bet some too.

Maybe Billy can beat me at this game, but he has to prove it on the table, not on the sidelines talking smack. I think his game has slipped a notch and I'm the stronger banker now. It will take a game like this to get me back in stroke. Otherwise I probably won't pick up a cue, except to practice some more "lefty" pool.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking of Billy, this year's Derby looks like a good one. J.P. Parmentier has shared a ton of cool pool photos on the Main Page. Check 'em out. There's some great action shots. LOVE THEM!

Here's Billy in the stands, waiting to pounce on his first customer . ;)

Attachments

• Billy.jpg
    Billy.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 330

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here us Jay conversing with Mark Wilson. :) Looks like he's giving Mark a little advice, and Mark is listening intently. :)

Attachments

• Mark and Jay.jpg
    Mark and Jay.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 315

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here us Jay conversing with Mark Wilson. :) Looks like he's giving Mark a little advice, and Mark is listening intently. :)

We're talking Mosconi Cup here. Mark is going to be a great coach and captain for Team USA!

Chesscat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Busty and Earl

Busty has put Earl out in

1. Bigfoot 10-ball and
2. Banks

payback for Cardiff? Busty has to be happy.

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
I think Orucllo or Busty going to take it down.

I'm pulling for Busty.

I was sitting with him at the 10 ball table the other day and I asked him if he was going to just have them scratch out the 3 in 2013 and put a 4 over it and his picture for next year, or if they were going to take a whole new one.