Derby - final one pocket matches?

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So it looks like they are down to seven. Doesn't look like round 10 will be on the Accu-Stats stream (scheduled to be on air at 11:45). Hopefully round 11 will be instead of 9-Ball.

Rd. 10 – 10 AM – Busty (1) vs Daulton (0)
Rd. 10 – 10 AM – Frost (1) vs Justin Hall (1)
Rd. 10 – 10 AM – Efren (0) vs Josh Roberts (1)

Looks like Orcollo (1) got the Rd. 10 bye

The Derby site is showing for the TV table:
10:00 AM - Rd. 2 - 9 Ball – Saez vs Boyd
11:45 AM - Rd.2 - 9 Ball - Wilkie and a Nikolayev

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
So it looks like they are down to seven. Doesn't look like round 10 will be on the Accu-Stats stream (scheduled to be on air at 11:45). Hopefully round 11 will be instead of 9-Ball.

as we can see, Efren is old and washed up.

And there's no action at the DCC either.

Freddie <~~~ sleepy

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
Brackets don't exist. Never have had brackets at the DCC.

Match scoring can be found at DCCtickets.com

Thanks. They have completed brackets for the big foot. They must post after it's over. I found that one on az homepage.

The Milk Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Bigfoot is a 16 man single elimination tournament with a bracket..The actual derby events are single elimination with optional rebuy..There are no brackets for these events they redraw after every round

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

According to the Accu-stats web-site

Thursday Jan. 30, 2014
We will be On Air by 11:45am

One-Pocket - All Day!

I HOPE this is true... LOOK at the final 7! Dennis and Busty both looking for all around ... Efren undefeated! going into last day!...

or we can watch the 2nd/3rd round of 9 Ball... really

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
The Bigfoot is a 16 man single elimination tournament with a bracket..The actual derby events are single elimination with optional rebuy..There are no brackets for these events they redraw after every round

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I see. Thanks.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dennis vs Efren

Game 1 - Dennis runs 8 & out and grabs the balls out of the rack. Pushes the cueball up table
And then realizes he owed one. Tourney ref has to come over. Efren signaling that Dennis pushed the cueball away and nobody knows where the cueball ended up. The crowd can't agree where.

Refs call it a loss of game.

1-0 Efren

Freddie

Last edited:

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis vs Efren

Game 1 - Dennis runs 8 & out and grabs the balls out of the rack. Pushes the cueball up table
And then realizes he owed one. Tourney ref has to come over. Efren signaling that De is pushed the cueball away and nobody knows where the cueball ended up. The crowd can't agree where.

1-0 Efren

Freddie

Ouch. Too bad it wasn't on the TV table then you could see where CB was. Go Efren nonetheless.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Efren is up 1-0 in games

and

1 to -1 in balls,

and he hasn't pocketed a ball yet!

Magician still has magic!

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Dennis vs Efren

And then realizes he owed one. Tourney ref has to come over. Efren signaling that Dennis pushed the cueball away and nobody knows where the cueball ended up. The crowd can't agree where.

1-0 Efren

Freddie

So he moved all the remaining balls on the table as well as pushing the cueball up table

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Ouch. Too bad it wasn't on the TV table then you could see where CB was. Go Efren nonetheless.

I wonder if there's a better way to handle sleepers?
It seems like this happens all the time, even with seasoned pros in major events.
Maybe there's a better system than pennies on the rail.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
So he moved all the remaining balls on the table as well as pushing the cueball up table

He push rolled the cueball up table with his hand and placed all the balls from the box on the table. I couldn't swear to it, but it would have been highly unlikely that he didn't move at least one object ball. It was a whirr of motion.