Steve Klapp....one piece butt ancient maple cue. AWESOME

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve Klapp....one piece butt ancient maple cue. AWESOME..... PICS ADDED!!

* Well I like to first start this review by saying that if there is any measure of a true gentleman to do business with ....its is Steve Klapp. But let's talk about this cue shall we..

At first glance this maple looks like Jesus might have planted these trees . It's *that old and beautiful. The tightness and straightness of the grain is truly something to behold....hands down best stuff I have seen (and is common consensus thus far with others who have seen this cue)*

Here are the specs on this plane jane beauty.

2 Shafts:
ABS ferrule 1" ,Prather layered tip, Rock hard ,tight grain straight as an arrow 140 yr old maple , light brow phenolic joint collar
diameter 12.75, 12.25. Thick taper*
(but can have anything you want from Steve.)

Butt:
one piece of this godly maple
( that Barry Bonds would have a tough time breaking if he tried) ultra glossy smooth finish, speed 3/8-10 brass joint, brown phenolic joint and butt cap , (I went bumper less on this cue cuz I love that old school *ping sound it makes) plush brown leather wrap very well done.

Playability :
If you like a stiff hitting cue. This is it!! It plays like a dream. I have tried all kinds of LD shafts and they got nothing on this pure earth made maple.....WOW is the only word I have heard uttered from the mouths of those who I have let play with it. My stoke feels more confident than ever with this cue.
Get one!!! You will throw your other cues in the fire place when you play with one of these.

Overall:
11 out of 10

My only suggestion to Steve is to get some rest while you can because you will be making *a lot of these cues!!

Thanks for reading... here is Steve's # if your interested in one of these cues
(I will be posting pics later).

Steve Klapp 1(309) 351 1944

Brian Marshall

Attachments

• photo_4-2.JPG
    photo_4-2.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 2,690
  • photo_3-2.JPG
    photo_3-2.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 2,699
  • photo_2-2.JPG
    photo_2-2.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 2,610
  • photo_1-2.JPG
    photo_1-2.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 2,597
Last edited:

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The shaft is NOT an LD ...it is pure earth made maple...
In my book no technology can replicate the hit of this stuff!!
Try for yourself......give Steve a call.

jbravo2984

~{BULL DURHAM CUES}~
Silver Member

Sounds like some amazing stuff here! Sure sounds like Sam is building a hell of a cue! I wonder if he's using MY equipment to build them? Moving my lathe and mill all the way to NC must've been a real pain for Steve...

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

To be fair, "pure maple" shafts can be made LD. LD does not mean engineered and/or laminated, nor does engineered and/or laminated mean LD.

Anyway, I am a big fan of great maple shafts and am not a big fan of engineered or laminated.

I look forward to seeing pics.

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be fair, "pure maple" shafts can be made LD. LD does not mean engineered and/or laminated, nor does engineered and/or laminated mean LD.

Anyway, I am a big fan of great maple shafts and am not a big fan of engineered or laminated.

I look forward to seeing pics.

I should rephrase ..they are made of "unaltered" pure maple no front end coring or "LD" modifications on these puppy's ! Old school baby!

Was just pointing out that in my opinion they hit much better than LD shafts

Fredintheloo

Registered
klapp cues

Here is a cue I got from Steve about a month ago . I have only hit a couple racks with it , but seems to play very well . I must also agree Steve is great to deal with .

Attachments

• 20130328_121222.jpg
    20130328_121222.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2,538
  • 20130328_121208.jpg
    20130328_121208.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 2,592
  • 20130328_121147.jpg
    20130328_121147.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 2,520

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve dose not have your equipment

Sounds like some amazing stuff here! Sure sounds like Sam is building a hell of a cue! I wonder if he's using MY equipment to build them? Moving my lathe and mill all the way to NC must've been a real pain for Steve...

Currently Steve Klapp is using equipment that he purchased
From Chris Hightower. ( You can confirm this with him)
Your equipment is in the exact same place it has been sitting for
Quite sometime. You can go there and get it .....Steve says you have one chance to make this rite or he will be paying you a visit. Give him a call there is no need for these accusations wich are completely false.

jbravo2984

~{BULL DURHAM CUES}~
Silver Member
Quite sometime. You can go there and get it .....Steve says you have one chance to make this rite or he will be paying you a visit. Give him a call there is no need for these accusations wich are completely false.

That sure sounds like a threat...
You know what? You're right. I'm wrong. I take it all back. GOD BLESS STEVE KLAPP! Hopefully you got an email copy of what I edited out. I have nothing to hide and nothing to gain from lying. For that matter, I have nothing to gain from telling the truth... We'll all be judged one day and I'm pretty sure somewhere in the bible, it says seething about "your sins will find you out"...

Last edited:

jbravo2984

~{BULL DURHAM CUES}~
Silver Member
It's not worth it. I've been done with this guy for so long now... I don't even know why I'm letting it bother me...

Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I have no direct knowledge of what equipment Sam has over there. But I do know Steve went through an equipment lease to own company and bought brand new equipment from me a few months ago. I am not sure why he would buy brand new equipment if he already had equipment. And he went months and months without producing any cues. So it makes no sense that he would pay the interest rates on new equipment to get restarted if he already had the old equipment. Steve has always been good to deal with through the years and I am surprised to hear all this.

cutter

Steve Klein Custom Cues
Silver Member
* Well I like to first start this review by saying that if there is any measure of a true gentleman to do business with ....its is Steve Klapp. But let's talk about this cue shall we..

At first glance this maple looks like Jesus might have planted these trees . It's *that old and beautiful. The tightness and straightness of the grain is truly something to behold....hands down best stuff I have seen (and is common consensus thus far with others who have seen this cue)*

Here are the specs on this plane jane beauty.

2 Shafts:
ABS ferrule 1" ,Prather layered tip, Rock hard ,tight grain straight as an arrow 140 yr old maple , light brow phenolic joint collar
diameter 12.75, 12.25. Thick taper*
(but can have anything you want from Steve.)

Butt:
one piece of this godly maple
( that Barry Bonds would have a tough time breaking if he tried) ultra glossy smooth finish, speed 3/8-10 brass joint, brown phenolic joint and butt cap , (I went bumper less on this cue cuz I love that old school *ping sound it makes) plush brown leather wrap very well done.

Playability :
If you like a stiff hitting cue. This is it!! It plays like a dream. I have tried all kinds of LD shafts and they got nothing on this pure earth made maple.....WOW is the only word I have heard uttered from the mouths of those who I have let play with it. My stoke feels more confident than ever with this cue.
Get one!!! You will throw your other cues in the fire place when you play with one of these.

Overall:
11 out of 10

My only suggestion to Steve is to get some rest while you can because you will be making *a lot of these cues!!

Thanks for reading... here is Steve's # if your interested in one of these cues
(I will be posting pics later).

Steve Klapp 1(309) 351 1944

Brian Marshall

I'm just interested on how the 140 year date was arrived at. Most of the old growth maple I've seen recovered was logged at the turn of the century.
And no one new when it started to grow.

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just interested on how the 140 year date was arrived at. Most of the old growth maple I've seen recovered was logged at the turn of the century.
And no one new when it started to grow.

The location from which this maple has been recovered
Is a structure built in the early 1870s the 140 year old date is stating when it was logged.......the maple itself is much older than 140yrs...this date is being attributed to the wood to state how long it's "cured" so to speak.

cutter

Steve Klein Custom Cues
Silver Member
The location from which this maple has been recovered
Is a structure built in the early 1870s the 140 year old date is stating when it was logged.......the maple itself is much older than 140yrs...this date is being attributed to the wood to state how long it's "cured" so to speak.

Thanks, that makes sense.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Steve klapp custom cue

Here is a cue I got from Steve about a month ago . I have only hit a couple racks with it , but seems to play very well . I must also agree Steve is great to deal with .

That cue looks awesome!!
Getting the itch to make the pool balls click.
Steve' I'll take one with your taste in design, Surprise me.
-
Rob.M