Picking my second cue.

VladislavHristo

Registered
Hello everyone.its been a long time since I picked my 1st cue from advices here.
Now I have a feeling its time for an upgrade.

The Cue I use now is a $30-$40 BCE cue ,with a cheap cue tip.

I feel like its time to do a small upgrade.I have in mind price around $100-$120 and brands like Poison / Players / Action and Fury / Scorpion. Can you guys suggest me any cues and maybe to wich brand I shall aim.I kinda like the design of Fury and Scorpion pool cues ,but yea...
I still doubt my mind if its worth changing it yet ,I'm not sure if it will help me get better. (I'm playing like 3-4-5 times a week ,for about 3 hrs a day)

P.S. Is there any good way of cleaning my shaft with only home materials ? I usualy clean it with simple towels ,damped and etc ,but some parts of it got a really akward greeny/blue stains.Maybe I can clean it with 1000-1200 sandpaper and then what ?

Thank you for all the help guys!

Last edited:

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Hello everyone.its been a long time since I picked my 1st cue from advices here.
Now I have a feeling its time for an upgrade.

The Cue I use now is a $30-$40 BCE cue ,with a cheap cue tip.

I feel like its time to do a small upgrade.I have in mind price around $100-$120 and brands like Poison / Players / Action and Fury / Scorpion. Can you guys suggest me any cues and maybe to wich brand I shall aim.I kinda like the design of Fury and Scorpion pool cues ,but yea...
I still doubt my mind if its worth changing it yet ,I'm not sure if it will help me get better. (I'm playing like 3-4-5 times a week ,for about 3 hrs a day)

P.S. Is there any good way of cleaning my shaft with only home materials ? I usualy clean it with simple towels ,damped and etc ,but some parts of it got a really akward greeny/blue stains.Maybe I can clean it with 1000-1200 sandpaper and then what ?

Thank you for all the help guys!

Go with a players hxt there the best for the money contact Rain-Man on here he gives great deals

ajie

Registered
couldn't agree more.. on that price range, players with HXT shaft should be your choice..
tried before, great cue with less deflection, and it comes with kamui tips.

VladislavHristo

Registered
In one billiards forum in my country ,people strongly recommend Fury at this price range.
But I do have to say that I like the Players also.

P.S. HXT Players seems way to expencive for me.I would really like to stick around $100 mark.

Last edited:

VladislavHristo

Registered
Also guys ,is it really a big difference between a normal Players cue and a HXT one ? I'm kinda low on budged and prices over $120 including shipping are too much for me.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also recommend Fury.
Players are good cues, I shoot with a HXT shaft and I wasn't impressed too much, good hit, but nothing magic.

Techstepper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In one billiards forum in my country ,people strongly recommend Fury at this price range.
But I do have to say that I like the Players also.

P.S. HXT Players seems way to expencive for me.I would really like to stick around $100 mark.

I bought my mate a Fury for around 100$ (80Euro) and he couldn't be happier. I also heard good things about Kaiser Cues. A lot of bang for the buck. Good luck with your decision.

VladislavHristo

Registered
Well you guys just made my decision few times harder. The thing thats tempting for me its the low deflection shaft by Players and that it comes with a Kamui Soft tip( wich is $20-$30 by itself)

So I really don't know. I wanna buy a cue that I will use in really long terms so I don't wanna buy something that I will need to change in one year again.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Fury and players are both good low cost cues but I like the players more

rookie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep go with the players great cue I have one I have shot with for years. Stays in the case with my gilbert. For the money they are a great cue. Good luck!

VladislavHristo

Registered
Guys.I want to ask you a serious question.

Sadly I'm still having doubts on changing my Cue.Like I said ,the situation is I'm playing with $30 BCE cue ,with a really cheap tip.

I do want to step my game into another level ,I'm playing every week for like 3-4 days and for 3 hrs a day.Its been 1 year + with this cue and I really don't know if buying a new ,good cue ,specialy a one with Kamui tip will really help me lvlup my play.

rick9005

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go with a players hxt there the best for the money contact Rain-Man on here he gives great deals

I agree 100%. We just got 8 hxt's for our men's league banquet and I think everyone will be more than happy. Good choice good price......Rick.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get a Schmelke full-splice sneaky. They range from around 90bux to $300. Great cues and they'll make it the way you want. As for cleaning, keep hands CLEAN as possible. I use a QWiz to clean shaft. 1000-1200grit wet-dry sandpaper is ok too. Another nice cue is the OB120&121 sneakys. About 350w/ OBshaft.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, what Garczar said. Unless you really need that HXT shaft, Schmelke is making the best deal for the price in the business. This is the same spliced blanks that the custom boys use. Why not buy from the original builder? Order it with a standard pin in case you ever want a high end aftermarket L/D shaft.

VladislavHristo

Registered
Well sadly in my country you can't find those type of cues and brands.And the delivery from a cuemaker and stuff costs half of the price of the cue itself.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Email Schmelke

Well sadly in my country you can't find those type of cues and brands.And the delivery from a cuemaker and stuff costs half of the price of the cue itself.

Email Schmelke and see what they can do for you on your budget with shipping. You never know maybe they will do something special to be introduced to another market if they are not already there. Are you able to refer them to others in your community who may be interested in their cues or maybe get a group buy together to cut down on shipping costs. Just some ideas. GL

VladislavHristo

Registered
Well thank you very much for your ideas.But still I'm really into a Players cue with a HXT shaft and a Kamui black tip.It seems like a really good deal for the price range of $120-$140 to have a like $30 tip on the cue and a L/D shaft.

VladislavHristo

Registered
Well guys.Sadly I'm still in the look for a HXT cue for like $130 delivered to be ,but so far no luck.

Maybe you guys would recommend a shop that ships to Bulgaria and can make up that price.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Try eBay

Well guys.Sadly I'm still in the look for a HXT cue for like $130 delivered to be ,but so far no luck.

Maybe you guys would recommend a shop that ships to Bulgaria and can make up that price.

There are a couple on eBay now, you may be able to get the sellers to ship using the eBay international forwarding service, best thing i can come up with. GL

cpcntr

Registered
Check this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/231411689309
Its a mix of a simple jb2 breaker butt and true hxt shaft with kamui bs, so its a PLAYING cue, not a breaker.

Another good idea is to buy a HXT shaft only for yr existing butt, you need to know thread of yr joint to buy (usually 5/16x18 for cheap cues)

Last edited: