The value of CTE line

no80s

I've been using Stan Shuffett CTE Pro One for 2 months now, Ironically i pretty much nailed the visual sweep (Many have the most trouble nailing this), The same thing can't be said for perceptions, My problem isn't choosing the correct perceptions for each shot, But locking into the correct perceptions accurately, Tick to tick precise.

Stan teaches that you need to get perceptions of both line (Inside CBE and CTE), The inside edge of the CB to A/B/C is very objective and i can get a perception of it and have absolutely no problem with this, The same case can't be made for CTE line, I can't get a perception of CTE not matter how much i try, Yes the edge of the OB is objective but when you try to get a perception for it using the center of the CB, It's just not possible to aim CCB to OB edge, I can from any position 'perceive' a line going from the edge of the OB to the CCB.

I've been having consistent problems because of inaccurate perceptions, And it's either of two reasons:

1-There is a way to line up CCB to OB edge and perceive it and i must have missed something when learning CTE (I doubt it)
2-Visualizing the CTE line is just something you do to make sure you're not directly behind it, There is no real way to perceive it, And the reason i'm in consistent is because i'm always trying to perceive something that can't really be perceived, And i should just practice with A/B/C aim points.

I'll very much appreciate any help from stan's CTE aiming users.

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
I've been using Stan Shuffett CTE Pro One for 2 months now, Ironically i pretty much nailed the visual sweep (Many have the most trouble nailing this), The same thing can't be said for perceptions, My problem isn't choosing the correct perceptions for each shot, But locking into the correct perceptions accurately, Tick to tick precise.

Stan teaches that you need to get perceptions of both line (Inside CBE and CTE), The inside edge of the CB to A/B/C is very objective and i can get a perception of it and have absolutely no problem with this, The same case can't be made for CTE line, I can't get a perception of CTE not matter how much i try, Yes the edge of the OB is objective but when you try to get a perception for it using the center of the CB, It's just not possible to aim CCB to OB edge, I can from any position 'perceive' a line going from the edge of the OB to the CCB.

I've been having consistent problems because of inaccurate perceptions, And it's either of two reasons:

1-There is a way to line up CCB to OB edge and perceive it and i must have missed something when learning CTE (I doubt it)
2-Visualizing the CTE line is just something you do to make sure you're not directly behind it, There is no real way to perceive it, And the reason i'm in consistent is because i'm always trying to perceive something that can't really be perceived, And i should just practice with A/B/C aim points.

I'll very much appreciate any help from stan's CTE aiming users.

A very good question and post.
I'll look forward to your responses.
I'm a huge supporter of Stans work. I'd like to see some lines drawn on the table as an example.
Cheers :smile:

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure I 100% sure I understand your question but, just like OJ, I'll take a stab at it.

When you are getting your perception, you're looking for the two points, CTE, ETA for example. You need to position your head, eyes, alignment to where you're able to see those two points. I think what is difficult is, sometimes that whole picture is seen with both eyes. Sometimes, however, I see ETA with my left eye and CTE with my right eye. The key point is, you have to get your eyes positioned to where you can clearly see both.

When you have that, holding your position perfectly still, look straight ahead. That is your "perception line". That is the line you sweep, pivot, etc. from. It is not the CTE line nor is it the line to ETA. If you can find that line and are successful employing CTE, it should be reasonably easy to start using Pro One. Just think of it this way. The V on your bridge hand is going to be in the exact same spot/line as it would be if you use Pro One. If it helps you develop your sweeps, focus on the spot to play the V of your bridge, go down into your stance and take your cue tip to CCB. If you use that evolutionary step to go from CTE to Pro One, it shouldn't be long before you start naturally bending down into your stance and aligning your cue correctly.

The important thing again, to grasp, is the distinct differences between the "lines". There is the line you see from CTE. There is the line you see from ETA(or C or B). Those you must establish first. From that, by looking straight ahead, you see your perception line. That is the line you pivot or sweep off of.

I happen to think the most challenging parts are understanding how you use both eyes successfully in establishing the perceptions for CTE, then ETA and from that, establishing the perception line. The entire key, IMHO, is getting that perception line correct. If you have that rock solid, it really is a simple matter from there to learn the sweep or pivot. I guarantee you, if you get that line right and use CTE with a 1/2 tip pivot, you are either hitting the shot or getting extremely close. That's why, IMHO, CTE is so valuable. It proves you are getting the correct perceptions. If you aren't sure you're getting the correct perceptions, then you might think it is your visual sweeps that are causing you to miss. When you throw in the third variable of stroke errors, it makes it tough to troubleshoot where the miss is coming from.

I hope that helps. I would recommend practicing this from some fixed positions and keeping the distance between the OB and CB 1 to 3 diamonds to start with. Get to the point where you are spot one with some established positions, then start branching out with other shots. Good luck!

tonythetiger583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know if this helps but I was having trouble finding the centre of the CB when I would line up the top of the CB with the edge.

I've been having better luck with using the bottom most point of the cue ball and drawing a line to the edge. So the line I'm connecting, is being imagined through the CB. As if it we're see through and I was picturing drawing a line from the bottom most point of the invisible-ish CB, to the edge of the object ball.

Hope this terrible drawing and probably terrible advice helps.

The dottish line is supposed to be behind the cue ball

Attachments

• cte.png
    cte.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 356

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE along with ET-A-B-C 1/8th enable you to truly see and move into TRUE Center Ball of the CB. It is a center CB system.