yet something else to contend with...OYE....

Sbrogdon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not only am I cross eye dominant, a bit overweight, etc etc...

Now I have pinpointed that I actually move my right foot off the line when I place my left foot to get into my stance. I never really noticed till today. Now I focus on planting my right foot down and cementing it into place. This has made my accuracy go up immediately...

Wow, I love pool....

tonythetiger583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess if we're sharing recent revelations in our game. I just figured out tonight how much I think my breathing is wobbling my shot. It's subtle, but noticeable. The closest I've come to what I think is optimal is: Even shallow breaths (through just the nose), during my warm up strokes. I can feel my breath wavering my stroke ever so slightly. Then I take a deepER breath right as I pause at address. I then exhale and during the "natural respiratory pause", I shoot.

I find it helps ground me and commit me to the shot, while also preventing myself from jumping up on the shot.

I'm trying to make the approach similar to sniper-rifling (not a sniper) and I'm not entirely sure if that's correct.

This is where I got the info:
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/50676007

Sbrogdon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting article Tony. I may trying different ways of breathing during a shot.