Looking for a good non LD shaft

Straitline

Registered
I'm looking for recommendations on a good solid shaft. Let me get it out that I "do not" want recommendations on LD shafts. I know they are great I have played with them in the past and own one now. Back story is I played with predator shafts in the past with success but after taking 8 years off I came back not knowing if I was going to play much I bought a DP off of eBay due to the price and did very well with it. So I decided to have a cue made since I am going to continue to play APA/NAPA and put a predator shaft on it. My game dropped with the new cue witch was no shock to me as it did in the past switching to a LD shaft. Difference is now I don't have the practice time I did before to learn to quit compensating for squirt. Yesterday I got a chance to practice and was having trouble running balls so out of frustration I pulled the DP out of my case putting the predator away and went from running 6-7 balls to finishing the 9 ball rack with ease. So not having time to train my brain to quit the auto compensate I just want to buy a good solid shaft to put on my new cue. Any help will be appreciated.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking for recommendations on a good solid shaft. Let me get it out that I "do not" want recommendations on LD shafts. I know they are great I have played with them in the past and own one now. Back story is I played with predator shafts in the past with success but after taking 8 years off I came back not knowing if I was going to play much I bought a DP off of eBay due to the price and did very well with it. So I decided to have a cue made since I am going to continue to play APA/NAPA and put a predator shaft on it. My game dropped with the new cue witch was no shock to me as it did in the past switching to a LD shaft. Difference is now I don't have the practice time I did before to learn to quit compensating for squirt. Yesterday I got a chance to practice and was having trouble running balls so out of frustration I pulled the DP out of my case putting the predator away and went from running 6-7 balls to finishing the 9 ball rack with ease. So not having time to train my brain to quit the auto compensate I just want to buy a good solid shaft to put on my new cue. Any help will be appreciated.

Okay I have to ask you a question first. Who are you going to get this new cue made by? What joint threadcount are you looking for? What kind of cue do you like? extremely stiff(like a mezz hybrid pro shaft/Gilbert j/b shaft), medium stiff( a la Bcm cues)? Or the whippy wet noodle hit of a meucci?

There a weight u want?

Straitline

Registered
I'd say medium, only thing I can compare to is the Dale Perry standard shaft I have now a viking I had in the late 90's and a Morris I played with in the late 90's. They all played similar. Preferably a 11.75-12mm tip and a long taper. The cue is already made by a local recreational cue maker, he dose nice work and it's a 5/16x14 piloted joint I had him that pin due to already having a 314 shaft with that joint.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd say medium, only thing I can compare to is the Dale Perry standard shaft I have now a viking I had in the late 90's and a Morris I played with in the late 90's. They all played similar. Preferably a 11.75-12mm tip and a long taper. The cue is already made by a local recreational cue maker, he dose nice work and it's a 5/16x14 piloted joint I had him that pin due to already having a 314 shaft with that joint.

go with BCM bryan mordt. he'll get you what you want