GTA/Toronto cue servicing and tip install locations

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If anyone knows of any cue smiths out there in Toronto, please share.

The Corner Bank- Harry Chaggaris (416-779-3326) Mon-Thurs 6-9PM

Petrina's- Barry Hetherington (905-442-9044)

First Choice Billiards- Don (905-636-1120)

Last edited:

Monkeyboy

Registered
Tips

Hi ZeroSkylineX,

F.G.Bradley's charges more for a layered tip because they take longer to install, require a higher level of precision (we are generally working on a much more expensive cue) and the odd tip gets destroyed on the lathe and this helps offset some of the cost. We cannot install tips or parts we don't supply because if we damage the part we cannot replace it.
If there is a tip you are interested in we can look at availability. Please contact customer service at info@fgbradleys.com and we can try to assist you.

Hope that helps.

King

King Custom Cue Cases
Gold Member
Silver Member
First Choice Billiards in Milton, talk to Don or Justin.
sorry don't have the number now

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi ZeroSkylineX,

F.G.Bradley's charges more for a layered tip because they take longer to install, require a higher level of precision (we are generally working on a much more expensive cue) and the odd tip gets destroyed on the lathe and this helps offset some of the cost. We cannot install tips or parts we don't supply because if we damage the part we cannot replace it.
If there is a tip you are interested in we can look at availability. Please contact customer service at info@fgbradleys.com and we can try to assist you.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the info, that makes plenty sense now. However, the photo that I took indicated second party, that means tips that are not purchased from them (whether or not you guys have the exact same one the cusomer brings in). So even if they did damage the tip, it's still replaceable if you have it in stock.

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First Choice Billiards in Milton, talk to Don or Justin.
sorry don't have the number now

Thanks for the suggestion, however I want to keep it closer to the east end as stated in the title. (Toronto/Greater Toronto Area)

boyraks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
East end customers see Harry or Rodel. They hang around Shooters in Scarborough.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Hari Chaggaris. 416 779 3326

He has two world champions as regular customers
He is in Scarborough

West of Toronto
905 636 1120. Don or Justin.....they made my water-damaged Palmer look better than new

Northwest of Toronto
Ron Benedict 416 937 7999.....made me a dynamite snooker cue

Last edited:

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hari Chaggaris. 416 779 3326

He has two world champions as regular customers
He is in Scarborough

West of Toronto
905 636 1120. Don or Justin.....they made my water-damaged Palmer look better than new

Northwest of Toronto
Ron Benedict 416 937 7999.....made me a dynamite snooker cue

Thank for you the advice! These are players with their own lathe? How much do they charge?

I never realized how difficult it was to find anyone who provides retipping services. Google search isn't helping much. Fg.Bradley's sends your shaft to a warehouse to have the tip done, which takes way too long. I want someone or somewhere that can do it on the spot for a reasonable price.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Thank for you the advice! These are players with their own lathe? How much do they charge?

I never realized how difficult it was to find anyone who provides retipping services. Google search isn't helping much. Fg.Bradley's sends your shaft to a warehouse to have the tip done, which takes way too long. I want someone or somewhere that can do it on the spot for a reasonable price.

They have excellent equipment and they know how to use it.
Price can vary...eg,,,,quality of tip...condition of shaft...etc
But they'll give you a quote

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They have excellent equipment and they know how to use it.
Price can vary...eg,,,,quality of tip...condition of shaft...etc
But they'll give you a quote
I just gave Hari a text yesterday, he told me he's going to be opening a shop at the Corner Bank within a month. He charges $20 for retipping and will service it immediately.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just gave Hari a text yesterday, he told me he's going to be opening a shop at the Corner Bank within a month. He charges $20 for retipping and will service it immediately.

This is excellent news. Hope the CB finally opens some time soon!

ThePoolScene

Registered

Great news about Harry Chaggaris. He is the best of the best.

I hear the kitchen equipment has delayed the opening of Corner Bank. As far as I am concerned, if the bar is open...lets play!

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just an update everyone, Harry Chaggaris now has a set schedule for his repair shop at The Corner Bank. His shop is on to the right after you enter the pool hall and his hours of operation is Mon-Thurs 6-9PM.

When I spoke to him, he says that he carries Moori, Ultraskin and Zan tips.

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was speaking to Harry the other day and he mentioned that he's closing his shop at The Corner Bank. Harry will resume his previous on-call services (dropping off your shaft at Le Spot and Harry would pick it up).

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was speaking to Harry the other day and he mentioned that he's closing his shop at The Corner Bank. Harry will resume his previous on-call services (dropping off your shaft at Le Spot and Harry would pick it up).

That's too bad. Do you know when he will be closing up, as I might drop by for some work before.

Gideon