World Open Snooker 2017

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

This method of using the rest (or the mechanical bridge over here) has been around a long time. I first saw that technique about 40 years ago. It was the subject of a recent discussion somewhere in the pool forums. Some think it is not a standard, allowed use of the bridge but I think it's OK especially since most pool tables do not have a full complement of support equipment. In fact most pool tables only have a cheap cast metal bridge head that will put horrible scratches and dings in your shaft if you are not very careful.

Here is a description in a 2001 article in Billiards Digest (see the second column of text):

CropperCapture[56].jpg

Last edited:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This method of using the rest (or the mechanical bridge over here) has been around a long time. I first saw that technique about 40 years ago. It was the subject of a recent discussion somewhere in the pool forums. Some think it is not a standard, allowed use of the bridge but I think it's OK especially since most pool tables do not have a full complement of support equipment. In fact most pool tables only have a cheap cast metal bridge head that will put horrible scratches and dings in your shaft if you are not very careful.

Here is a description in a 2001 article in Billiards Digest (see the second column of text):

View attachment 471201

Cheers Bob !

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite rest shots !

View attachment 471201

Hi Bob ! :D

Over the years , thousands of rest shots in the Snooker world , too many to say this is my favourite .

Texas Open and Charley 'Hillbilly' Bryant get's out the rest , played a shot that looked a deliberate foul but sunk the 9Ball , caused mayhem in the Chatroom , some said foul stroke some said hey , this is Texas and they have they're own rules....

My Favourite rest shot was of course Shane Van Boening .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejw2PGx_HvA

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My checkers to keep me right !

Hi Bob !

Until the return of Scaramouche I have selected you to keep me in 'Check' .

I hope that's ok with you ! :wink::grin:

Include Scaramouche , Bob and pt109 !

A bunch of merry men I'm sure !

Let the fun continue ! :wink::grin-square::cool: