Help identifying a Meucci

mufret

Registered
I just picked up this stick but can't seem to find out which model it is. I've search all the archive sites I could find and hoping that someone here might be able to help. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20170528_202322_zpshmucy2ut.jpg

IMG_20170528_202305_zpssmtfnsfz.jpg

IMG_20170528_202244_zpsae5uqmis.jpg

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:thumbup:

Wow! That is a really cool looking Odd Ball cue.

Rainbow stained forearm and points. I really like it!

It's called an Odd Ball cue.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
You wont find many Meucci cue fans here but you might find a few that think that this cue is unique and cool. I wish I had info for you about this cue.
:cool:
Cuebuddy: waiting for Chopdoc.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Looks like a line made for Budget Billiards to be sold as economical cues - I would try to email them. It wasn't a standard model. While I am not a fan of multi color stain, the birdseye on that cue is outstanding.

skipbales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Email the picture to Bob Meucci. sales@meuccicues.com to his attention.

I have a Meucci I mis identified based on someone who worked at Meucci. I got a lecture from a Meucci collector and he turned out to be right. Bob Meucci verified his assessment. Many of the Meucci's look very much alike, they even fooled one of his employees.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Email the picture to Bob Meucci. sales@meuccicues.com to his attention.

I have a Meucci I mis identified based on someone who worked at Meucci. I got a lecture from a Meucci collector and he turned out to be right. Bob Meucci verified his assessment. Many of the Meucci's look very much alike, they even fooled one of his employees.

There are so many variations on standard models, it can be difficult.

mufret

Registered
I've been out of the game for 30+ years and recently started playing again. Meucci used to be the go to cue in those days. I'm seeing where that's not necessarily the case anymore. I appreciate eveyone's responses! I just emailed Meucci at that email provided and hopefully someone there will get back to me.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been out of the game for 30+ years and recently started playing again. Meucci used to be the go to cue in those days. I'm seeing where that's not necessarily the case anymore. I appreciate eveyone's responses! I just emailed Meucci at that email provided and hopefully someone there will get back to me.

:scratchhead:

I told you exactly what the cue is. It's called an Odd Ball Cue.

There is no model number....

mufret

Registered
:scratchhead:

I told you exactly what the cue is. It's called an Odd Ball Cue.

There is no model number....

Sorry about that, and thanks for the reply!

I assumed you were being facetious, especially after the next poster brought up the lack of interest in Meucci cues here. Does that mean it's possible it's a one off? Haven't played with it yet but that will hopefully change later this afternoon?

I have no idea of the model, but love the looks of it. Very unique looking I think. I never seen a similar looking Meucci before. It has a black dot shaft, so it must be a newer one.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry about that, and thanks for the reply!

I assumed you were being facetious, especially after the next poster brought up the lack of interest in Meucci cues here. Does that mean it's possible it's a one off? Haven't played with it yet but that will hopefully change later this afternoon?

All the Odd Ball cues are a little different, but now that I see this one, I might try and get another dozen made similar to it. This is the only Odd Ball I've seen like this and I've sold a lot of them.

Lots of people like and are interested in Meucci cues. They are in my top two cues made.

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like it might have been a ANW 1 blank to start and then the points and wrap,etc., :) were added to add a little taste. It's certainly unique. I like it....but then I'm a big Meucci fan anyway.:)

mufret

Registered
Thanks again for the info and compliments!

Was able to shoot with it a little earlier and felt pretty much like I remember Meucci's hitting. Still need to work on the tip a bit more, though. I purchased it mainly for the weight (have always preferred a lighter cue) and it's unique look (so let's not have them make too many more :thumbup:) but was a little concerned because I wasn't able to find anything close to it.

poolguy4u, on another note and not that it's going anywhere but, what would you value a cue like this if you were selling it? I thought I got a pretty good deal on it, especially since it has the black dot shaft.

TNOriginals

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like when people say email Bob. How many emails you think he gets a day on this crap? I know it is his fault, but seriously.
I also love it when people send pics of older Meuccis to Meucci and expect them to be identified. Those people didn't work there when the cues were made, and Bob has the worst documentation of any cue maker.
The fact is that without the brochures that collectors kept, there would be no records at all.

mufret

Registered
Actually got a reply from Meucci about an hour ago and they identified it as one of their Oddball cues, as Poolguy4u stated earlier. Pretty impressed with the speedy response, especially after a holiday.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually got a reply from Meucci about an hour ago and they identified it as one of their Oddball cues, as Poolguy4u stated earlier. Pretty impressed with the speedy response, especially after a holiday.
They were probably tickled sh^*less that your inquiry wasn't another complaint.