Rules for Patriots
Old
  (#1)
Slide Rule
On NPR "Obama is a Joke"
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute
 
Slide Rule's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 32,282
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Peoples Republic of Amerika
   
Rules for Patriots - 09-22-2010, 01:00 PM

From Coach Alinski, or commonly known as Slide Rule


LINK

<snip>


1. The era of liberalism is over.
Today there are no liberals in power; there are only radical leftists. They are the enemy, not the opposition. Their ideology is not simply wrong; it is evil.

2. It is impossible to be too cynical about the intentions, motives, and truthfulness of radical leftists.
They will always exceed our most horrifying expectations.

3. Radical leftists are continually seeking to destroy America's historic foundations, particularly our Constitution.
Their goal is to rebuild upon the rubble according to their own evil vision and to gratify their insatiable lust for tyrannical power.

4. Radical leftists are continually seeking to infiltrate and undermine American institutions.
They are especially attracted to institutions where there are unearned wealth, sinecures, and ambiguous standards of accomplishment.

5. Our people must always be seeking to restore America's tested, historic, foundational principles and to guard and protect our Constitution and our cherished institutions.

6. Civility must never trump truthfulness.
Civility is a highly commendable virtue; truthfulness is vastly more commendable.

7. Ideology must never trump truthfulness.
We Republicans need to constantly examine our own ideological principles to make sure they are, first and foremost, true. Then we must proclaim them boldly and straightforwardly.

8. Never try to out-compassion a bleeding-heart radical leftist.
Conservatism is the most compassionate -- and most truthful -- political philosophy there is. Radical leftism, by contrast, is based on false promises intended not to better the lives of anyone, but to recruit gullible, ignorant people as "useful idiots."

9. Challenge radical leftists to live up to their own publicly proclaimed ethical principles.
They never do. They just fake it. (Cf. Alinsky Rule #4: "Make the enemy live up to their [sic] own book of rules.")

10. Refuse to use the favorite language of the radical left.
Their language is always intended to spread lies and propaganda and to create confusion, fear, and retreat, not to convey truthful information.

11. The language our people use should boldly convey real information accurately, precisely, and above all, truthfully.

12. Ridicule is man's most potent weapon.
This is Alinsky Rule #5, word for word, but we Republicans have a special advantage in applying it to radical leftists because ridicule or satire, to be really effective, must be rooted in truth. That's why leftist ridicule flops; it's usually based on lies.

13. Attempting to reason with intractable, hardcore radical leftists will always end in futility.
Such people are incorrigibly anti-rational, so it is impossible to establish an authentic interlocutory interface with them. The only realistic way to engage them is to crush them politically, using any and all truthful and lawful tactics.

<snip>


All the best,
Al


Disclosure:
I am 3.0% Neanderthal DNA (95th percentile), took
BS/MS engineering degrees and am at times poetic.


Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
Richard Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
Roger Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
Karl Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies, & The Logic of Scientific Discovery


  
Reply With Quote

Rules for Patriots
Old
  (#2)
Slide Rule
On NPR "Obama is a Joke"
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute
 
Slide Rule's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 32,282
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Peoples Republic of Amerika
   
Rules for Patriots - 09-22-2010, 01:11 PM

There is a book Rules for Patriots and you can get a free copy.

Simply click on the FreedomWorks link and select
LINK and select CLICK HERE.

or
LINK and complete details.


All the best,
Al


Disclosure:
I am 3.0% Neanderthal DNA (95th percentile), took
BS/MS engineering degrees and am at times poetic.


Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
Richard Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
Roger Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
Karl Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies, & The Logic of Scientific Discovery


  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
ridinda9
AKA: Sandy Bagger
ridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond reputeridinda9 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,053
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: May 2010
Location: worlds fastest beach
   
09-24-2010, 04:56 PM

Slide , real patriots only need 1 rule :
I , ____________ , solemnly swear thatI will support and defend the Constitution Of the United States against all enemies , foriegn and domestic , that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same . . .so help me God
Everything else stems from that simple premise .
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
Baby PacMan
My bias makes me RIGHT!
Baby PacMan has a reputation beyond reputeBaby PacMan has a reputation beyond reputeBaby PacMan has a reputation beyond reputeBaby PacMan has a reputation beyond reputeBaby PacMan has a reputation beyond reputeBaby PacMan has a reputation beyond reputeBaby PacMan has a reputation beyond reputeBaby PacMan has a reputation beyond reputeBaby PacMan has a reputation beyond reputeBaby PacMan has a reputation beyond reputeBaby PacMan has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: At home
   
09-24-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinda9 View Post
Slide , real patriots only need 1 rule :
I , ____________ , solemnly swear thatI will support and defend the Constitution Of the United States against all enemies , foriegn and domestic , that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same . . .so help me God
Everything else stems from that simple premise .
Agreed.

I don't get how you can call it rules for patriots. These are just guidelines for republicans to argue with liberals. Why dress it up as something it's not? You should have called it something closer to the truth, 'How to fight with liberals'. That list is an agenda, aimed at a group. Hiding behind the term patriot removes the meaning and purpose of what one really is. It kinda sounds like you're hijacking the word to wage a personal war. Which there is nothing patriotic about doing so. But then again there was nothing patriotic about the Patriot act either, so that seems about right.


Table: Olhausen 7' Belmont w/ 860
Cue: House Cue
Straight pool high run: 15 practice, 10 in game
Years playing pool: about .3

  
Reply With Quote
"compassionate conservative"
Old
  (#5)
berlowmj2
AzB Silver Member
berlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4,338
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: Sep 2009
   
Question "compassionate conservative" - 09-24-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule View Post
From Coach Alinski, or commonly known as Slide Rule


LINK

<snip>


1. The era of liberalism is over.
Today there are no liberals in power; there are only radical leftists. They are the enemy, not the opposition. Their ideology is not simply wrong; it is evil.

2. It is impossible to be too cynical about the intentions, motives, and truthfulness of radical leftists.
They will always exceed our most horrifying expectations.

3. Radical leftists are continually seeking to destroy America's historic foundations, particularly our Constitution.
Their goal is to rebuild upon the rubble according to their own evil vision and to gratify their insatiable lust for tyrannical power.

4. Radical leftists are continually seeking to infiltrate and undermine American institutions.
They are especially attracted to institutions where there are unearned wealth, sinecures, and ambiguous standards of accomplishment.

5. Our people must always be seeking to restore America's tested, historic, foundational principles and to guard and protect our Constitution and our cherished institutions.

6. Civility must never trump truthfulness.
Civility is a highly commendable virtue; truthfulness is vastly more commendable.

7. Ideology must never trump truthfulness.
We Republicans need to constantly examine our own ideological principles to make sure they are, first and foremost, true. Then we must proclaim them boldly and straightforwardly.

8. Never try to out-compassion a bleeding-heart radical leftist.
Conservatism is the most compassionate -- and most truthful -- political philosophy there is. Radical leftism, by contrast, is based on false promises intended not to better the lives of anyone, but to recruit gullible, ignorant people as "useful idiots."

9. Challenge radical leftists to live up to their own publicly proclaimed ethical principles.
They never do. They just fake it. (Cf. Alinsky Rule #4: "Make the enemy live up to their [sic] own book of rules.")

10. Refuse to use the favorite language of the radical left.
Their language is always intended to spread lies and propaganda and to create confusion, fear, and retreat, not to convey truthful information.

11. The language our people use should boldly convey real information accurately, precisely, and above all, truthfully.

12. Ridicule is man's most potent weapon.
This is Alinsky Rule #5, word for word, but we Republicans have a special advantage in applying it to radical leftists because ridicule or satire, to be really effective, must be rooted in truth. That's why leftist ridicule flops; it's usually based on lies.

13. Attempting to reason with intractable, hardcore radical leftists will always end in futility.
Such people are incorrigibly anti-rational, so it is impossible to establish an authentic interlocutory interface with them. The only realistic way to engage them is to crush them politically, using any and all truthful and lawful tactics.

<snip>
I think that oxymoron has already been copyrighted.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
Slide Rule
On NPR "Obama is a Joke"
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute
 
Slide Rule's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 32,282
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Peoples Republic of Amerika
   
09-24-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinda9 View Post
Slide , real patriots only need 1 rule :
I , ____________ , solemnly swear thatI will support and defend the Constitution Of the United States against all enemies , foriegn and domestic , that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same . . .so help me God
Everything else stems from that simple premise .
You may very well be right. The problem is that there is a group of people called judges. And other groups of people called the House and Senate. And of course the President. They all swore to Support and Defend the Constitution.... As we have seen, many swearing the oath are liars.


All the best,
Al


Disclosure:
I am 3.0% Neanderthal DNA (95th percentile), took
BS/MS engineering degrees and am at times poetic.


Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
Richard Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
Roger Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
Karl Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies, & The Logic of Scientific Discovery


  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
Sheldon
dontneednostinkintitle
Sheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond reputeSheldon has a reputation beyond repute
 
Sheldon's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,127
vCash: 500
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sanitarium
   
09-24-2010, 09:18 PM

A bit dated now, but entirely appropriate.


Republican Cult
Tue, 2008-09-09 22:40

The Republican Cult
By Mikal Hutto

I think there is absolutely no denying that the GOP has become a cult instead of a political party. Nothing, absolutely nothing, will change these people's minds. If Nukes were raining upon their heads, they would still be screaming their allegiance to the Cult leaders with their dying breaths. It matters not who their candidate is, or what this candidate stands for, or even if their candidate stands for nothing.

It has become more than obvious that none of the GOP policies are ever going to benefit the people. Our country is reeling from the mistakes of Bush and Cheney, Bush Sr., and even as far back as Reagan. Yet millions of Republicans continue on the same path of destruction. even though they are suffering themselves.

* What kind of people never change their minds, even when they are suffering the effects of decades of a failed Party platform, and even continue to champion it?
* What kind of people could go stark raving mad over a woman, who has tried to ban books in the public library while Mayor of the city, who would gladly force a woman to carry the baby of a rapist to term, and who knowingly, and willingly brought a delicate and challenged little baby into this world, yet is so ambitious it is obvious she intends to spend no time caring for him, but carries him with her as a tool for sympathy, and to prove her Cult's position on abortion?
* What kind of people would support McCain, who's only plans are war with other countries, and more privileges and tax cuts for corporations, when we are bowed down by debt, and deaths of so many of our people from two wars that have accomplished nothing. What kind of people will claim that Corporations should have not only the same rights, but MORE rights than individuals, while these same Corporations trod on them, steal from them, and take their dollars and jobs overseas?
* What kind of people would support the jailing of peaceful dissenters and journalists because it might color their Conventions or upset people?
* What kind of people are willing to go on sending their young off to war, when it has become obvious the war is wrong, and started on false information? What kind of people continue to kill innocent people in Iraq for oil?
* What kind of people support torture of other human beings who have had no trials, no counsel, and are obviously the weakest and poorest of their respective nations or would not have been abandoned to foreign prisons?
* These people have never been convicted of anything, yet Republicans revel in their torture, and are positive they deserve it. Is this any different from the burning and torture of Heretics and Witches by religious zealots in our past?

Only Cults can brainwash and get members to constantly act against their own interests, time after time. Only Cults can cause it's members to turn a blind eye to horrendous crimes of their leaders. Only cults can cause people to donate their hard earned money to those who would just as soon see them dead, as have to support them in any way. In Cults, once you are no longer useful, you are abandoned, or even murdered. Cults do not care if their members are educated, have enough to eat, or even a decent place to lay their heads at night.

It is all about their adoration and ultimate power of their leader, who is their go-between to their respective God and Heaven. The members themselves do not care what their lives are like, because they are not living for this life, but the promised riches and splendor of a promised afterlife. Don't expect anything in this life but a hard time. If Americans (those who aren't currently cult members) want to fight this battle to win, we should get the advice of those who break down cults and deprogram their members.

It is going to take more than common sense, or proof of crimes, and mistakes. We are going to have to buy the same propaganda outlets that the GOP buys. We are going to have to get control of those TV sets in the homes of citizens to counteract the cult members, who constantly vomit the lies of the leaders of the GOP Cult. We are going to have to ARREST and INCARCERATE those leaders who have committed crimes against the people. We need public trials broadcast nightly into the homes of Americans nonstop. We need different programming in our schools, other than the pap delivered up as the lame excuse for a HISTORY course that whitewashes all political decisions and results of them. Americans who have retained their sanity, and are not members of this Cult are going to have to call them what they are, and constantly hold them up to scrutiny, take off the kid gloves, stop worrying about manners and decorum. Expose them, prosecute them and ostracize them until they are completely and absolutely discredited.

These Fundamentalists who now have the GOP by the throat, and seek to have the world by the throat used to be fringe people. They were snake handlers, and freaks who mistreated their women and children. Most of the women wore long dresses, never cut their hair, and wore no makeup. They were the parents of those poor little children in the neighborhood, who were never allowed to celebrate Christmas or birthdays, and went to church all week long in lieu of having any fun. Fun is a sin. Presents are a sin. Loving someone is a sin. Most of these Religious Cults have morphed now, realizing they could not progress or infiltrate the rest of the world if they could be recognized, called out or challenged.

These people are the Christian Taliban. They seek to make women dirt under men's feet, and walking wombs to produce more and more members to work for the Cult. They will use women like Sarah Palin, who doesn't live by their tenants of serving her husband, children and taking care of the home they claim is a woman's place. Use her to fool people into thinking they are normal, and care about women and children. None of the leaders of Cults ever live by the same rules as their members are required to.

They are "special," and endowed with certain rights and privileges that other men and women in the Cult are denied. These special people are hand picked by those in the Cult (Party) for their sexual attraction, charisma, and vocal abilities, like the old snake oil salesmen. We are going to have to get serious here. This is no longer funny, and these people are no longer just the oddities of the community, and freaks, but have taken over with the help of people who have no religious affinity other than power and money. Education, science and our children's lives depend on it.

I'm not Christian, but I have read that 88 per cent of Americans are Christians. If this is true, why aren't the educated, intellectual Christians coming out against these destructive Cultists? Why do they sit back and allow the take over of America's religious community and politics by murderers, bigots, liars, thieves, snake oil salesmen, and freaks? Where are they to stand up for what the Bible actually teaches? What happened to love, tolerance, turn the other cheek, love thine enemies, do unto others, compassion, and justice? Where are the REAL heroes and heroines of the religious world?

The intelligent and educated Christians are the ones that COULD make short work of these Cults and their evil leaders. Why don't they? Are we to believe that the majority of Christians believe as these Cultists do? Christians should realize that if they do NOT stand up visibly, and strongly to denounce these practices and this Cult, they will be blamed, and the world will believe they supported the Cults.

I seem to remember America screaming, where are the peaceful Muslims to stand up against the Extremists that perpetrate violence, murder and mayhem, after 911. I don't see much difference in what is going on in the Muslim countries, than what is going on in America. We just have better weapons, and better propaganda. The ladies wear pearls, while calling for war, and the men send other people's children off to die for their grab for money and power, while parading around in their expensive suits, and talking of God and love of country.

Do I love this country? No, I do not love what this country has become, and furthermore I am starting to be suspicious of anyone who says they "love this country". How many of you in your daily lives stop and think, "I love this country?" People are supposed to love each other, NOT land, oil and money. Where does it say in the Bible you should love your country? Doesn't it say to love your fellow man? Does it say only love the men that believe in your God, are the same color as you are, and that have all your same values?


Don't Waive Your Rights With Your Flags ~ Sage Francis
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
justnum
AzB Silver Member
justnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,667
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Dec 2005
   
09-24-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
A bit dated now, but entirely appropriate.


Republican Cult
Tue, 2008-09-09 22:40

The Republican Cult
By Mikal Hutto

I think there is absolutely no denying that the GOP has become a cult instead of a political party. Nothing, absolutely nothing, will change these people's minds. If Nukes were raining upon their heads, they would still be screaming their allegiance to the Cult leaders with their dying breaths. It matters not who their candidate is, or what this candidate stands for, or even if their candidate stands for nothing.

It has become more than obvious that none of the GOP policies are ever going to benefit the people. Our country is reeling from the mistakes of Bush and Cheney, Bush Sr., and even as far back as Reagan. Yet millions of Republicans continue on the same path of destruction. even though they are suffering themselves.

* What kind of people never change their minds, even when they are suffering the effects of decades of a failed Party platform, and even continue to champion it?
* What kind of people could go stark raving mad over a woman, who has tried to ban books in the public library while Mayor of the city, who would gladly force a woman to carry the baby of a rapist to term, and who knowingly, and willingly brought a delicate and challenged little baby into this world, yet is so ambitious it is obvious she intends to spend no time caring for him, but carries him with her as a tool for sympathy, and to prove her Cult's position on abortion?
* What kind of people would support McCain, who's only plans are war with other countries, and more privileges and tax cuts for corporations, when we are bowed down by debt, and deaths of so many of our people from two wars that have accomplished nothing. What kind of people will claim that Corporations should have not only the same rights, but MORE rights than individuals, while these same Corporations trod on them, steal from them, and take their dollars and jobs overseas?
* What kind of people would support the jailing of peaceful dissenters and journalists because it might color their Conventions or upset people?
* What kind of people are willing to go on sending their young off to war, when it has become obvious the war is wrong, and started on false information? What kind of people continue to kill innocent people in Iraq for oil?
* What kind of people support torture of other human beings who have had no trials, no counsel, and are obviously the weakest and poorest of their respective nations or would not have been abandoned to foreign prisons?
* These people have never been convicted of anything, yet Republicans revel in their torture, and are positive they deserve it. Is this any different from the burning and torture of Heretics and Witches by religious zealots in our past?

Only Cults can brainwash and get members to constantly act against their own interests, time after time. Only Cults can cause it's members to turn a blind eye to horrendous crimes of their leaders. Only cults can cause people to donate their hard earned money to those who would just as soon see them dead, as have to support them in any way. In Cults, once you are no longer useful, you are abandoned, or even murdered. Cults do not care if their members are educated, have enough to eat, or even a decent place to lay their heads at night.

It is all about their adoration and ultimate power of their leader, who is their go-between to their respective God and Heaven. The members themselves do not care what their lives are like, because they are not living for this life, but the promised riches and splendor of a promised afterlife. Don't expect anything in this life but a hard time. If Americans (those who aren't currently cult members) want to fight this battle to win, we should get the advice of those who break down cults and deprogram their members.

It is going to take more than common sense, or proof of crimes, and mistakes. We are going to have to buy the same propaganda outlets that the GOP buys. We are going to have to get control of those TV sets in the homes of citizens to counteract the cult members, who constantly vomit the lies of the leaders of the GOP Cult. We are going to have to ARREST and INCARCERATE those leaders who have committed crimes against the people. We need public trials broadcast nightly into the homes of Americans nonstop. We need different programming in our schools, other than the pap delivered up as the lame excuse for a HISTORY course that whitewashes all political decisions and results of them. Americans who have retained their sanity, and are not members of this Cult are going to have to call them what they are, and constantly hold them up to scrutiny, take off the kid gloves, stop worrying about manners and decorum. Expose them, prosecute them and ostracize them until they are completely and absolutely discredited.

These Fundamentalists who now have the GOP by the throat, and seek to have the world by the throat used to be fringe people. They were snake handlers, and freaks who mistreated their women and children. Most of the women wore long dresses, never cut their hair, and wore no makeup. They were the parents of those poor little children in the neighborhood, who were never allowed to celebrate Christmas or birthdays, and went to church all week long in lieu of having any fun. Fun is a sin. Presents are a sin. Loving someone is a sin. Most of these Religious Cults have morphed now, realizing they could not progress or infiltrate the rest of the world if they could be recognized, called out or challenged.

These people are the Christian Taliban. They seek to make women dirt under men's feet, and walking wombs to produce more and more members to work for the Cult. They will use women like Sarah Palin, who doesn't live by their tenants of serving her husband, children and taking care of the home they claim is a woman's place. Use her to fool people into thinking they are normal, and care about women and children. None of the leaders of Cults ever live by the same rules as their members are required to.

They are "special," and endowed with certain rights and privileges that other men and women in the Cult are denied. These special people are hand picked by those in the Cult (Party) for their sexual attraction, charisma, and vocal abilities, like the old snake oil salesmen. We are going to have to get serious here. This is no longer funny, and these people are no longer just the oddities of the community, and freaks, but have taken over with the help of people who have no religious affinity other than power and money. Education, science and our children's lives depend on it.

I'm not Christian, but I have read that 88 per cent of Americans are Christians. If this is true, why aren't the educated, intellectual Christians coming out against these destructive Cultists? Why do they sit back and allow the take over of America's religious community and politics by murderers, bigots, liars, thieves, snake oil salesmen, and freaks? Where are they to stand up for what the Bible actually teaches? What happened to love, tolerance, turn the other cheek, love thine enemies, do unto others, compassion, and justice? Where are the REAL heroes and heroines of the religious world?

The intelligent and educated Christians are the ones that COULD make short work of these Cults and their evil leaders. Why don't they? Are we to believe that the majority of Christians believe as these Cultists do? Christians should realize that if they do NOT stand up visibly, and strongly to denounce these practices and this Cult, they will be blamed, and the world will believe they supported the Cults.

I seem to remember America screaming, where are the peaceful Muslims to stand up against the Extremists that perpetrate violence, murder and mayhem, after 911. I don't see much difference in what is going on in the Muslim countries, than what is going on in America. We just have better weapons, and better propaganda. The ladies wear pearls, while calling for war, and the men send other people's children off to die for their grab for money and power, while parading around in their expensive suits, and talking of God and love of country.

Do I love this country? No, I do not love what this country has become, and furthermore I am starting to be suspicious of anyone who says they "love this country". How many of you in your daily lives stop and think, "I love this country?" People are supposed to love each other, NOT land, oil and money. Where does it say in the Bible you should love your country? Doesn't it say to love your fellow man? Does it say only love the men that believe in your God, are the same color as you are, and that have all your same values?
This essay works very hard to define what a cult is and what christians do.

Example: The sky is is blue. Blue is when the sun hits the Earth and my eye sees that phenomena occurring. This is an operational definition of blue. How many people would agree with this definition?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
Slide Rule
On NPR "Obama is a Joke"
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute
 
Slide Rule's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 32,282
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Peoples Republic of Amerika
   
09-24-2010, 09:22 PM

Gee. Out again on a stroll. The evenings must be warm in Springfield, Oregon.

Might I suggest focusing on your current cult. Unless you are into personal improvement.


All the best,
Al


Disclosure:
I am 3.0% Neanderthal DNA (95th percentile), took
BS/MS engineering degrees and am at times poetic.


Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
Richard Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
Roger Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
Karl Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies, & The Logic of Scientific Discovery


  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.