Snooker in Illinois.

Snooker77

Registered
Hi, i'm new to the forums, lifelong snooker fan.

Located in Northwest suburbs of Chicago.

This is kind of a shot in the dark, so bear with me. Since i do not know anybody in the area that is related to pool or snooker except folks associated with the Aces Snooker Club up in Cary ill, i though it might help if i reach out to the users of this forum.

My situation is as follows: After years of playing snooker i have acquired a used 12ft snooker table. It's a tournament table, with northern rubber, and steel block cushions, it's been fully recovered, so new cloth and cushion cloth. It has only had one previous private owner, so it's in awesome shape. The problem is right now i have no place to set it up.

Here's a link:
http://www.elhaddadintco.com/products/billiards/snooker-tables/item/12-blp-006.html

So i'm trying to reach out to folks that know people and find out if there is a chance to set it up elsewhere. I'm thinking a pool hall or a Golf course pool room, or a private venue of a snooker enthusiast. So instead of me shelling out hundreds of dollars a month for a room- which at this point is not an option, the table could be set up in a place that would benefit from it's use.

I realize this is a long shot, as snooker interests are small in the U.S.A but i thought this might be a great opportunity for some pool hall or otherwise, since i would be covering all the costs associated with the table move and use.

I frequented lot's of pool halls in the previous years, most of them closed by now. I still visit Chris's on Milwaukee from time to time.

So if anybody knows of folks that know folks that might consider adding a snooker table please forward this info, and feel free to let me know what you think, and any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

tksix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snooker77,

I have a table as well and live in St. Charles. My table is currently in storage and not being used. I thought about asking the owners of a couple of pool rooms however, would be skeptical if they would look after it as well as I would.

Would be great to find a place closer to me. I have played at Aces one time.

Mike

Snooker77

Registered
I can imagine how quickly a beautiful table can turn to the damaged, and abused side in a pool room setting.

I just worry that storage can make the table go bad too, and i would really love to have a place close by where i can play on a table like this.
I figure the cloth would get ruined really fast if table users were not properly policed, but i'm willing to live with all these issues at this point.
That's what made me think of a private setting like a Golf Course billiards room, for the rainy days (not sure if there are any, though).

Snooker77

Registered
Thanks for the replies, indeed my plan is to be able to set it up in a pool hall or business, but i just don't know anybody.

So i'm kinda reaching out to ppl with an interest in snooker that frequent such places and can somehow find out if there is a place out there that might be interested in a snooker table.

I'm keeping my hopes up, thanks.

Snooker77

Registered
Hi, just wanted to add to the post:
I'm looking for a pool hall that might be interested in adding a tournament quality Snooker table, full size 12ft in like new condition, everything recovered, steel block cushions, balls, markers, rests, everything. The set up has two 10 ft 8 bulb each green light shade lamps. Like new cloth.

I truly believe there must be a place out there that would consider something like that, i'm sure adding a table like that would bring in many snooker interested players from the area, and chargin $10 or more an hour would be easy. Of course all the benefits would be to the establishment. I just want to set it up so it won't warp and so that i don't have to pay storage fees.

I would cover all the costs associated with moving and setting up, in a professional manner. A table set up like that would be a true gem in the Chicagoland area.

I don't know too many pool halls in the area and don't have any connections, so if anybody knows a hall that might be interested or a person that i could contact to ask, please let me know.

Thanks.

LightsOut

Jason
Silver Member
Did this table ever get set up? Looks beautiful! I'm in Chicago today and tomorrow for work, may have some free time tonight (May 3rd) or tomorrow afternoon. I've emailed Aces to see if I can come play...

Snooker77

Registered
Hi, the table is still waiting for a home. If you are in Chicago for snooker, i hope you will have a chance to stop by Dariya's Snooker in chicago, they offer the highest quality Star snooker tables, for a true professional Snooker experience. It's a new club, located in Des Plaines, il. Amazing establishment, open after 2 p.m believe, but closed on mondays. Here's a link to their website.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/dariyas-place-snooker-billiard-des-plaines

Sorry for a late reply, i usually don't check this post that often, by the way, i saw the pictures of your recovered table and it's pretty amazing!

Last edited:

vacation

Living Good.
Silver Member
Hi, the table is still waiting for a home. If you are in Chicago for snooker, i hope you will have a chance to stop by Dariya's Snooker in chicago, they offer the highest quality Star snooker tables, for a true professional Snooker experience. It's a new club, located in Des Plaines, il. Amazing establishment, open after 2 p.m believe, but closed on mondays. Here's a link to their website.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/dariyas-place-snooker-billiard-des-plaines

Sorry for a late reply, i usually don't check this post that often, by the way, i saw the pictures of your recovered table and it's pretty amazing!

I recently went to Dariya's, but unfortunately they weren't there. The hours said 12 on Saturday, and after calling the phone number left, I found that they were just out and wouldn't be back in the time frame I was hoping for.

Either way, from the pictures online and looking in (tables were nicely covered), this place looks incredible. Hopefully I'll be able to go back again soon. Does anyone in IL go here regularly/would like to play a frame sometime?

LightsOut

Jason
Silver Member
A few things about Dariya's- in the general sense Star Tournament tables are tough but they are still playable with tournament cloth. The tables there have club or other cloth, its directional but played much slower than the 6811 tournament I have at home. Made the small pockets even tougher. The other sad fact was the table I played on was not level and had a bad roll towards the windows. The other thing I felt bad to bring up when I visited was the table was marked upside down i.e. Nap going wrong direction?? Tough sell for $15/$30 hr!

Last edited:

Snooker77

Registered
Hi, i do play at Dariya's, so please feel free to contact me if you ever want a game. There is a league in the works, it will make for a fine time at the club, choice of English Billiards or Snooker, with very attractive rates of $10- $15 per week for League Members weekly matches, and $10 per hour per table practice time during the week.

In regards to the cloth, the 2 tables do have the cloth nap in the opposite direction as of right now, I do imagine that's where the roll off happened, as the tables are in pristine level condition. It's very hard to unlevel a snooker table of this caliber with such thick slates and pro construction. And any english applied to the cue ball against the nap makes for a nasty surprise when aiming.

here are some shots and panoramas of the inside of club!

http://sky.easypano.com/panoramic-i...ub-in-Chicago,-Star-Snooker-Tables-26215.html

http://sky.easypano.com/panoramic-images/Dariya's-Snooker-Club-Chicago-26216.html

Enjoy.

Announcement of League coming up, but feel free to stop by the club as info will also be posted soon, or just pm me. thanks.

Snooker77

Registered
Dariya's Snooker Club in Chicago has a brand new website, please check it out. They are also starting to run very attractive specials on their Table Rates. With even more exciting info to come later. Thanks!

www.dariyassnooker.com