Phil Burford -- CTE?

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
This is a video clip of a Burford/Bustamante 10-ball match in which the commentator talks about Burford spending a year in Kentucky to learn a new aiming/banking system. Is that where Stan is based?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EXPNEzoRMSo#t=547 (at 9min, 10sec in case the video doesn't start up there).

I've got the 2nd DVD but don't have the table time to really get into it yet. Sure hope it doesn't take me a year :grin:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a video clip of a Burford/Bustamante 10-ball match in which the commentator talks about Burford spending a year in Kentucky to learn a new aiming/banking system. Is that where Stan is based?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EXPNEzoRMSo#t=547 (at 9min, 10sec in case the video doesn't start up there).

I've got the 2nd DVD but don't have the table time to really get into it yet. Sure hope it doesn't take me a year :grin:

Yes Stan lives in Kentucky. I believe Stan and Phil met in the Philippines during a JR. tournament that Landon was playing in. Phil spent some time in Kentucky with Stan to learn CTE after being exposed to it at the tournament.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
You need an aiming system for that shot ?
OB is some 14 inches from the pocket and cueball is less than a foot away ?
10:35, he walks to the 8-ball and looks at the contact point or angle to the pocket .

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10:35, he walks to the 8-ball and looks at the contact point or angle to the pocket .

Your hatred of CTE really shows here Joey.

It's very obvious that the OP was time stamping the video at the point the commentators were discussing Phil and CTE. Not for that particular shot.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member

The commentator wasn't referring to "that shot." He was referring to Burford's overall style/method of play. Sorry if the video starting-point gave you the wrong impression.