Mind Boggler " Crazy full splice blank" by Rauenzahn

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Full spliced eight pointer forward and eight points to the rear all with four veneers on every point. WOW!!!!

Veneers colors**** Black -Maple -thin black -Padauk

Brazilian Rosewood into straight grained maple

Jerry Rauenzahn's CRAZY workmanship figuring out this wild puzzle... fitting all these pieces correctly together with sharp points up and down with no glue lines is a MIND JOURNEY!!

I can't wait to see it finished!!!

Enjoy,

John

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Now that is a crazy full splice! Looks very well done. Thanks for sharing!

Larry

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you ask these cue makers with 11 year waiting lists to do some of the things Jerry does, all you will get is a blank stare.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Was this a Predator tribute? Reminiscent of those old 8 pointers in color, but exceptional!!

The veneer work is amazing.

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Was this a Predator tribute? Reminiscent of those old 8 pointers in color, but exceptional!!

The veneer work is amazing.

Actually, the Predator 8 pointer does Not have the extra set of return points Nor the extra veneer work on those points like Jerry Rauenzahn has built. Here's a pic to compare them.

Jerry's cue is MUCH MORE complicated.

John

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Actually, the Predator 8 pointer does Not have the extra set of return points Nor the extra veneer work on those points like Jerry Rauenzahn has built. Here's a pic to compare them.

Jerry's cue is MUCH MORE complicated.

John

Well, obviously.

I didn't think it was a clone. I just meant in color only, and recall you're a big fan of the Predator lineup of yesteryear.

I can't wait to see it finished.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When Jerry first told me about this cue, I couldn't quite figure out the design in my mind and then he sent me some pics to help me understand
since I had questions as anyone might........Wow! I was floored by the design....I betcha most cue-makers would look at you oddly if you asked
them to undertake something like this......way too much precision involved making this happen.......it should come as no great surprise why I've
asked Jerry to make me another cue and this design really distinguishes his cue-making skills.

Matt B.

JoshStodola

My stroke is garbage
Silver Member
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you ask these cue makers with 11 year waiting lists to do some of the things Jerry does, all you will get is a blank stare.

I've said this before as well! Jerry is the man!
He can do anything he sets his mind to. His
prices are very fair as well. And get this, when
he tells you a date that it will be done, he sticks
to it! He's a rare gem in the cuemaking world.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Wow...you must really love building cues to bother going through all the hassle to make this blank. Problem is few in the market understand or appreciates the skill and craftsmanship required to produce this masterpiece.
Really love this blank and great veneer colours. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jive.....every time I see any of your posts on the various AZ Forums, the first thing that comes to mind, especially after reading your praise for Jerry's great workmanship,
is your EP cue....and of course Cuenoisseur's cue which I still harbor hopes of eventually securing some day. Your EP cue's design is truly one of the most handsome I've
ever seen by any cue-maker and it deserves being shown in public as much, and as often, as possible.....it really is that nice of a pool cue.The cue in the photo is just a totally
different cue design involving amazing craftsmanship for everything to fit that neat and tight.......Jerry has the patience of Jobe when it comes to his approach to cue-making.

Matt B.

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerry has been making cues since the ERA of Gus and Ernie, I have had Jerry build Ernie a couple of his full splice cues and he is a pleasure to deal with on time and a MASTER of his craft, oh yea they PLAY

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This Rauenzahn really is beautiful,
but so is the Peachower

Everybody deserves credit on these 2 cues

Jerry is making me a 360 so I find myself getting a little eager

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Your collection couldn't have been centered around a better cuemaker. Jerry is AMAZING...