Joss + OB-1

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got my 15 yr. old Joss limited out of semi-retirement due to the fact I picked up an OB-1 in trade. Compared to how a regular Joss shaft hits, the combo is very close in feel, with more accuracy in long shots. Shots that would require some pretty heavy aim adjusting, long spin shots for one, I can aim much more naturally. I have tried Predators (Z, originals, -2 series, you name it), and some standard shafts on my stick, I think the OB matches the Joss hit the best while providing some of the "new tech" improvements.

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
Nice Joss

I'll be sure to keep that in mind when asking for weight. Enjoy the new shaft.

Purdman

Banned
Joss Cues

I had Dan make me a 60" COM copy last year and it is my favorite player. Not sure if it is the way the weight is distrubited with the 60 inches or what it is. I have quite a few high dollar cues and I gotta say that this was quite a suprise to me.
Purdman :cool:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Purdman said:
I had Dan make me a 60" COM copy last year and it is my favorite player. Not sure if it is the way the weight is distrubited with the 60 inches or what it is. I have quite a few high dollar cues and I gotta say that this was quite a suprise to me.
Purdman :cool:
Bad idea.
That extra 2 inches makes it harder to twirl.
Bet, you never thought of that.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Drawman623 said:
I'll be sure to keep that in mind when asking for weight. Enjoy the new shaft.

Nu-uh, none for you :p :eek:
I think it will take a month to get used to the way it moves the cue ball. The Samsara shaft I'm used to needs a lot of adjustment for throw on spin shots. I'm unercutting everything right now :(