Discussion: Not Schon, Helmstetter Listing

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
CHECK THIS LISTING OUT, I HOPE THIS ISN'T AN AZER'S LISTING, IT WOULD MAKE US ALL LOOK BAD.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1975-Balabushka...ryZ21212QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT SOURCE COULD AUTHENTICATE THE CUE DOWN TO THE SUMMER OF 1975? OR WHERE THE HELL THIS GUY GOT HIS INFORMATION?

I'M SURE HE KNOWS WHAT IT IS, BUT HE ALSO KNOWS THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF SUCKERS ON THE NET, AND IT LOOKS LIKE HE FOUND SOME.

JUST THOUGHT I'D SHARE THE LINK TO THIS ULTRA RARE SUMMER 1975 BALABUSHKA "THE REAL THING, NOT A FAKE" CUSTOM POOL CUE...LOL

Last edited:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
FAST_N_LOOSE said:
CHECK THIS LISTING OUT, I HOPE THIS ISN'T AN AZER'S LISTING, IT WOULD MAKE US ALL LOOK BAD.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1975-Balabushka...ryZ21212QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT SOURCE COULD AUTHENTICATE THE CUE DOWN TO THE SUMMER OF 1975? OR WELL THE HELL THIS GUY GOT HIS INFORMATION?

I'M SURE HE KNOWS WHAT IT IS, BUT HE ALSO KNOWS THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF SUCKERS ON THE NET, AND IT LOOKS LIKE HE FOUND SOME.

JUST THOUGHT I'D SHARE THE LINK TO THIS ULTRA RARE SUMMER 1975 BALABUSHKA "THE REAL THING, NOT A FAKE" CUSTOM POOL CUE...LOL

I knew Bob Huddleston personally, he never would have said what is printed there or offered the price quoted by the guy in his Auction Statement. Bob was a pool room owner, and he owned a number of Custom cues including Balabushka's. I will contact his family and let them know about this nonsense, Bob passed away more then 10 years ago.

This kinda crap really pisses me off, but hopefully this individual can be located and dealt with.

Thanks for the heads up!!!!!

FAST_N_LOOSE

Silver Member
manwon said:
I knew Bob Huddleston personally, he never would have said what is printed there or offered the price quoted by the guy in his Auction Statement. Bob was a pool room owner, and he owned a number of Custom cues including Balabushka's. I will contact his family and let them know about this nonsense, Bob passed away more then 10 years ago.

This kinda crap really pisses me off, but hopefully this individual can be located and dealt with.

Thanks for the heads up!!!!!

I WISH THIS SECTION GOT MORE ACTION, I WANT MORE TO SEE THIS, BUT DIDN'T WANT TO USE THE SALE SECTION.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
ANY bid retractions will void and cancel the sale of this cue and it will NOT be sold to next highest bidder, sorry but there are too many Ebay scams happening and I will protect this cue and its sale even if it does cost me one negative feedback.

My feedback is 100% perfect and I am quite honest so let?s keep it clean and honest

"Let's be nice to each other".
Adolf Hitler

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
FAST_N_LOOSE said:
I WISH THIS SECTION GOT MORE ACTION, I WANT MORE TO SEE THIS, BUT DIDN'T WANT TO USE THE SALE SECTION.

I called and talked with Mr. Huddlestons son Craig to let him know about the claims made in the auction. The family still owns Cue and Cushion in St. Louis, in fact it is the oldest surviving room, it was taken over by the family in 1967.

I will let you know the out come.

Have a good day!!

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Thank you Craig

Just wanted to thank Craig from Full Splice about bringing this to our attention. So far, no one in my family has any memory of this person or even my father making such claims or offers. I do not know if time fades or confuses one's memory or if this guy is just off his rocker. This close to St. Louis (he's about 1.5 hours away) I would think he would just drive it over to us and Jim Buss Custom cue to get more information about it. The fact he is using a so called "remembered" conversation between Buddy Hall and my father (12 years ago) as his documentation should raise some red flags. I will be talking to my family and our attorney to make sure we are not liable for these claims and will try and post back on the subject later.

As I near 1000 posts, I realize how great AZBilliards forums have become for room owners, players, promoters and just fans of pool to communicate quickly, to track down theives or con artists, to sell rare merchandise, to promote tournys, everything! What a great tool AZBilliards has become for me to learn more about our industry as a whole and to pass on my personal knowledge to contribute in a small way. The internet has changed business in ways I never would have guessed.

Thanks AZBilliards community for the information, the passion, and the debate of all that is pool so together we can make it better for the next generation! :)

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Has anyone given any consideration to the fact that this may just be legit? I've seen nothing but bashing and negative comments about this guy and the cue since it hit the forum. Does anyone have proof to dispute this person's claims? I can only presume that because it's a Buska (or claimed to be) that the seller is guilty until proven innocent.

I have no interest either way, I just know that this ain't justice.

robertno1pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue on ebay

"very probably (and one man saying most definitely)"

All I can say is "wow". Sounds like a lawyer. Comb the whole world and he can find one person to say most definitely.

Sad thing is someone will buy this stuff just cause the price and story are too good to be true.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
KJ Cues said:
Has anyone given any consideration to the fact that this may just be legit? I've seen nothing but bashing and negative comments about this guy and the cue since it hit the forum. Does anyone have proof to dispute this person's claims? I can only presume that because it's a Buska (or claimed to be) that the seller is guilty until proven innocent.

Hello, have you looked at the cue? No disrespect intended to you and I do understand what you are saying to a point. However, the cue in question is not a Balabushka. The main problem I have is that one of the Gentleman named in the Auction Statement would have certainly known if the cue was real. Although he is no longer around to defend these claims, and with that being the case, and that the fact that I knew him and his sons kinda makes me angry. These people do not need to be named or associated with this crap in any way!!!

I think my response was warranted, and I would do it again for friends. Any way now the family can get to the bottom of it, because until I contacted them they had no idea what was going on.

Have a good night!!!!

Last edited:

FAST_N_LOOSE

Silver Member
KJ Cues said:

IT'S NOT A BUSHKA. NO DOUBT IN MY MIND.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
What ticks me off is when someone lists "Not Schon Joss Southwest" and etc to draw attention to their site. I always report them to EBay. If you did that and had to retract your sale it may be because of me.:D

Whenever someone does that I feel it is a scam. A legit sale does not have to do that. The buyers will find it.

RoyL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TheBook said:
What ticks me off is when someone lists "Not Schon Joss Southwest" and etc to draw attention to their site. I always report them to EBay. If you did that and had to retract your sale it may be because of me.:D

Whenever someone does that I feel it is a scam. A legit sale does not have to do that. The buyers will find it.

Well, if you were referring to the "Szamboti Schick Schon" cue that auction is already back up on eBay.

TheBook

Silver Member
RoyL said:
Well, if you were referring to the "Szamboti Schick Schon" cue that auction is already back up on eBay.

No. Not that one. I think someone beat me to it.:mad:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Asked If I Could Pick Up Cue In Person. Was Told Yes If I Pay In Advance. Now Thats A Good Idea Why Dont I Just Send 2k Now & Forget About Winning The Auction. Or Maybe I/we Could Just Send Money Every Week. Who's With Me? What No Takers?

TheBook

Silver Member
jasonlaus said:
Asked If I Could Pick Up Cue In Person. Was Told Yes If I Pay In Advance. Now Thats A Good Idea Why Dont I Just Send 2k Now & Forget About Winning The Auction. Or Maybe I/we Could Just Send Money Every Week. Who's With Me? What No Takers?

I am with you.:eek:

I would send a check for $25000. Tell them to take out what they need to cover the cost and put the rest in my bank account.:D I would also give them my SS number, mother's maiden name and driver license number as a sign of good faith. :rolleyes: