Jacoby or Barcue?

Mr. Lucky777

Registered
I am new to this forum and wanted some advice about purchasing my second cue. I just got back into the game a few months ago and have been progressing well. I have been playing with a duffrin sneaky pete that I got as a gift when I was 17. I was looking at some wrapless cues from jacoby and samsara (barcue) that I am really interested in. Im not looking to spend over $500. I hope to hear what some of you more experienced players have to say. Thanks in advance.

cuejunky

Pool Player
Silver Member
I think either cue would suit your needs but a Jacoby under $500 would have some aesthetic features that the bar cue would not.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
If I only had 500 to spend I'd probably get a Josey sneaky pete, but if you have it narrowed down to either a Jacoby or a barcue I'd go with the barcue.

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jacoby - now ya owe me

Pretty much a no-brainer buy the Jacoby, Dave makes good hitting cues. You need to ask for a curly maple shaft from Dave,paired with stainless steel,milliondollar hit.And no too expensive. Curly shaft on any model will suffice. You will not be dissapointed. At the Derby City Classic I spoke with dave about getting something worked out with Shane Van Boeing. He was more than willing -but Shane should get Cash, with cues (He's a Champ)

Pinocchio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
?????????????

What branpureza said. Josey best bang for buck with excellent resale value if you take care of it. I know everyone doesn't agree on this but I say never buy a curly maple shaft as they are more prone to warp. I've always tried to dodge shafts with curl or knots. If you have $500 to play with there are many members here who are cumakers that will build you a cue for that amount so why buy production. If you will state what kind of joint you prefer an points or no points an wood,ect. You should be contacted by several members with cues for sale. Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!
Pinocchio

brianna187

BRIANNA SINCE 1988
Silver Member
You will get more bang for your buck with a Jacoby over a bar cue i would look at the used market also even more bang that way just my opinion
go with 3/8-10 pin also

Pinocchio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lee????????????????

Lee with all due respect if you recomend a 3/8X10 why do your cues come standard with a 3/8X11?
Pinocchio

poolpro

Not a pro
Silver Member
Jacoby

I highly recomend jacoby cues. They are great playing cues at a good price. You could do very well on here as well. I have seen some very nice jacoby cues go pretty cheap on ebay too.

Just my two cents

Mr. Lucky777

Registered
Im still looking... I just want to make sure I make the best decision... I also came across Arnot cues but I dont know anything about that company.

johntaggz88

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For 500 you can prolly get a schon stl-1 which is only 460 and shoots great for the price. If not, the Jacoby sounds like a better choice.

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
cuejunky said:
I think either cue would suit your needs but a Jacoby under $500 would have some aesthetic features that the bar cue would not.

Depending upon one's personal tastes, those aesthetic features could be considered a negative. They are for me.

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
Mr. Lucky777 said:
Im still looking... I just want to make sure I make the best decision... I also came across Arnot cues but I dont know anything about that company.

FWIW. I've never dealt with the man, but I've heard Arnot cues play very well, but the man can be, errrr, difficult.

My personal opinion, go with the Bar Cue, after all it is a Samsara by another name.

Flipmode

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
steveinflorida said:
David Jacoby w/ radial pin joint. Dead Nuts! MHO.

This is what I have and I must say it hits better than most cues Ive hit with.

Mr. Lucky777

Registered
Well I contacted Jacoby and put things in motion. I made a rough design in photoshop using other cues with characteristics I liked and sent it to them. Im pretty excited, they seem to be very nice and helpful so Im happy to be in good hands. I appreciate all the feedback I got on here, thanks again.

iowa_player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I met David Jacoby yesterday and i was very impressed to say the least .
Super nice cues from a true gentleman . I would go with the Jacoby .

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
iowa_player said:
I met David Jacoby yesterday and i was very impressed to say the least .
Super nice cues from a true gentleman . I would go with the Jacoby .

Actually for $500.00 I'd have gone with your fellow Iowan, Pat Diviney.