curious how a chad carter plays

chumscustoms

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just curious if anyone has played with acarter, and what there thoughts are, i am playing with a radial pin diviney , and i play with a stainless jensen
let me know thank s

chiatlard

ohmycarter?
Silver Member
hmm i recently got a chad carter ' 05.
4pt bem on coco.
3/8-11 phenolic joint.
plays not bad, offers quite a lot of spin.
the taper is stiff, but im not sure what taper is it.
hits slightly harder than what i like, but do-able for me.

i was surprised that his shaft grains are actually quite straight, so that itself impressed me on his quality of his woodstock.

feels stiffer than a falcon definitely.

all in all, carter makes good cues.imo.

Last edited:

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I had one. Liked how it played. Don't think it was stiff hitting as the jensen I had. Really liked the cue, used it as my daily player for about 6 months which is long for me. Wood grain on my cue was excellent.

My cue had a finish problem, and even though I brought it used, Chad fixed it for free with a very very fast turn around. He also built me a new shaft for free. Was simply great to deal with, and would highly recommend him.

cuebird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chad Carter

Chad makes a very nice cue. No cnc work, everything done the old school way. Uses 3/8x11 pins on most cues. Quality is very good, no cue leaves the shop until he is satisfied with the appearence and hit. I play with one of his cues and I love it. I am a collector with about 30 cues, but I play with my Carter.

MYCUE-5.jpg