New Champion Gino Ferrari jump/break

Sir Scratchalot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After mulling it over for a while, I decided to acquire a dedicated break cue, in the hopes of improving my break and to have a more consistent break wherever I play. Me being me, who will spend $$$ on a playing cue, I just couldn't see spending over $150 on a cue for breaking. So I bought the Gino Ferrari for $73 delivered from Amazon.

I gotta say I'm impressed by how it feels and how it breaks. It ain't much to look at, but who really needs a cool looking break cue? Not me. Anyway, it's a light cue, but well balanced. It strikes hard and, despite a brown phenolic tip, offers good control on the cue ball. I didn't officially want phenolic, but I'm not regretting it.

Tonight I got to do a comparison with a Predator break cue. Much to my relief, the Predator didn't do the job better. That means I won't be wondering if spending 3, 4 or 6 times as much as I did will yield better results. I'm sufficiently convinced it won't. There might be better break cues it there, but there's no way in hell they'll be hundreds of dollars better.

I don't know about the jump portion of the cue, though. I haven't dabbled in jumping yet. I also hope that it lasts, because the wooden joint pin being located on the shaft could make shaft replacement a little more difficult. So far, so good...I've hammered the balls repeatedly and everything's holding together quite well.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk