EBAY~ Tad Kohara NOT?

guycrunch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
definitely not a tad. and if you click the link in the ad it takes you to an ad on chaulkers for a real tad, not this cue.

guy

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Definitely not a Tad. Not his signature rings and not Delrin buttplate.
Pretty cheesy he's using a receipt from Best Billiards on a cue sold by Robert Wong there.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
JoeyInCali said:
Definitely not a Tad. Not his signature rings and not Delrin buttplate.
Pretty cheesy he's using a receipt from Best Billiards on a cue sold by Robert Wong there.

The receipt was for a MPLE cue which sold for $1245.

In 94 RICK L. and the crew would have sold a 4 pt.TAD with veneers and inlays for 25 hun to friends:)

Some crooks are VERY, VERY dumb....

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
ribdoner said:
The receipt was for a MPLE cue which sold for $1245.

In 94 RICK L. and the crew would have sold a 4 pt.TAD with veneers and inlays for 25 hun to friends:)

Some crooks are VERY, VERY dumb....
Good call.
$1250, that would have been a Tad players' cue with the big pin and Martin style collars or plane maple ss cue.
Joey~Missed the $75 TS sneakies at BB and passed on Hagan Cues~

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
I Tried Explaining That To The Seller This Morning On The Phone.... He Didn't Want To Listen. He Said "i Have The Receipt, It's A Tad" That Was The End Of The Conversation, Then He Ended The Auction Cause He Sold It For 1600 To A Friend Of Ted Harris.

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
FAST_N_LOOSE said:
I Tried Explaining That To The Seller This Morning On The Phone.... He Didn't Want To Listen. He Said "i Have The Receipt, It's A Tad" That Was Teh End Of Teh Conversation, Then He Ended The Auction Cause He Sold It For 1600 To A Friend Of Ted Harris.
I have a receipt for a Cuetec too.
Tad's have no serial numbers.
If Ted is a friend, he better tell that guy not to pay for the cue.
I think it's Prather.

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
I JUST GOT ANOTHER PHONE CALL FROM THE SELLER.... TELLING ME HE HAS VERIFIED THE CUE WITH TAD. HE ALSO TOLD ME TO LOOK AT THIS LINK, IT WOULD PROVE THAT TAD DID THOSE RINGS AND INLAYS. http://www.sl-prokeys.com/gold/goldcrown.htm

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT DOESN'T SEE THE SIMILARITIES?

I'M ALSO CONFUSED, BECAUSE HE SAYS HE'S SURE IT'S A TAD BECAUSE HE HAD IT VERIFIED, BUT HE STILL WANTS TO KNOW WHO I THINK MADE IT.... THAT'S ODD TO ME. IF YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS, WHY DOES IT MATTER WHAT I THINK?

ANYBODY HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS FOR TAD CUES? I'D LOVE HIS REPLY TO AN E-MAIL WITH PICTURES.

P.S. I DON'T THINK THE SELLER IS A CROOK, JUST MISINFORMED.

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
The sold Tad in that Prokeys link is one of the nicest old fancy Tad's I've seen. A really nice cue.

Kevin

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
tad boti

szamboti? same points as cue for the miz 2nd cue down on cornerstone custom cues. correct pin, same style ring above wrap as szamboti, correct rings on buttsleve just double.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm 99.99% sure its not a Tad. Tad has rarely if ever deviated from certain design and construction elements. Out here in Tadville, we see lots of Tad cues of all vintages.

Martin

FAST_N_LOOSE said:
I JUST GOT ANOTHER PHONE CALL FROM THE SELLER.... TELLING ME HE HAS VERIFIED THE CUE WITH TAD. HE ALSO TOLD ME TO LOOK AT THIS LINK, IT WOULD PROVE THAT TAD DID THOSE RINGS AND INLAYS. http://www.sl-prokeys.com/gold/goldcrown.htm

I'M ALSO CONFUSED, BECAUSE HE SAYS HE'S SURE IT'S A TAD BECAUSE HE HAD IT VERIFIED, BUT HE STILL WANTS TO KNOW WHO I THINK MADE IT.... THAT'S ODD TO ME. IF YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS, WHY DOES IT MATTER WHAT I THINK?

ANYBODY HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS FOR TAD CUES? I'D LOVE HIS REPLY TO AN E-MAIL WITH PICTURES.

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
jasonlaus said:
any comments on this being a szam? 3rd ed. blue book level 4 hoppe take a look then reply

B. SZAM'S comments would carry more weight than all of ours combined.:)

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jasonlaus said:
any comments on this being a szam? 3rd ed. blue book level 4 hoppe take a look then reply

I will check on that later tonight. The buyer sure hit a Jackpot if it is a Szam :D .

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FAST_N_LOOSE said:

You might want to get the guy to hold the cue for you if it is a Szam.:D :D

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
szam?

I AM THE BUYER. just wondering if anyone else looking at blue book or has owned a szam hoppe can give any input? all help is appreciated. by the way i have been signed up for awhile just unable to post. got activated a couple of days ago. i have bought a few things from AZ members when they went to ebay or found a phone # in another post 1 of them being SHAMADAM. we have spoken numerous times very helpful & a great guy i bought his gilbert fast shipping and many conversations since. he has tried to help me with other purchases as well since i could not post.also bought a southwest on here by phone, again fast shipping & great deal. i will have some cues for sale in the near future 1 of them being TONY CHOHANS T-REX cue by bobby hunter but thats another story. again any help identifying this cue is greatly appreciated.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
dont know if i hit the jackpot or not. but i cant believe nobody has responded or had an opinion about this cue. i guess thats why everybody posts in SALE / TRADE. still looking for thoughts on maker.