BW (Billiard Warehouse) Cues

coryjeb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BW (Billiard Warehouse) Cues (Jump/Break)

I bought a BW jump break http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/bwcues/bw_jb-purpleheart.htm. And I gotta say, I like it better than my J&J. I did not pay full price, however this is still a nice option even at the price they are asking. Little different concept with the 2 shafts, but both do their job very well. Anyone else tried these or have any input?

Last edited:

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i thought about getting one, they look pretty nice. is there a real difference between the two shafts? how much did you pay for yours? got any pics you can post? the pic they have looks kinda washed out...

zcat27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BW J/B - A good one!

That's what I had just started using when I got my Varney. For the money (around $140 or so) they are great J/B cues and Gregg @ Billiards Warehouse is a great guy to work with. Very knowledgeable and helpful. I may end up selling mine. I really had a hard time differentuating between the shafts. They both worked for the break and jumping. Nice to have two shafts.

coryjeb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McChen said:
i thought about getting one, they look pretty nice. is there a real difference between the two shafts? how much did you pay for yours? got any pics you can post? the pic they have looks kinda washed out...

I do think the one with the short ferrule jumps better with more control, but they both will get the ball up easily, with alot of spin if you want it. I needed to flatten the tip on the break shaft some because of this (spin). No pics, but I will see what I can do. I got mine used (looked new) for
$90. At the time I was considering buying one at the BW price though, and having played with now, I think it would of been worth it. As far as looks and quality, it is very well put together and mine has some nice grain. Shafts are nice as well.

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for the info guys, i may very well end up getting one, it sounds like a good cue for the money. i like having 2 shafts for my j/b's, so i can have phenolic on one and leather on the other. how is the taper on the shafts? i like a really stiff taper on my j/b's
zcat, if you end up selling yours, let me know, i'm interested. is yours the purpleheart model?