I Hate These Auctions

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree with you 100% Marcus. If your selling or building cues let the cue sell itself. No need to say its looks like a Paul Mottey cue, or hits like a Scruggs cue. Could not agree with you more.

Bigjohn

Support Our Troops!
Silver Member
pooldawg8 said:
I agree with you 100% Marcus. If your selling or building cues let the cue sell itself. No need to say its looks like a Paul Mottey cue, or hits like a Scruggs cue. Could not agree with you more.

Thanks for posting this info. I just reported him to ebay security.

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Bigjohn said:
This seller has now edited/corrected his listing.

HE STILL HAS IT IN THE DESCRIPTION THOUGH.

AND CAN CERTAINLY ADD THIS GUY TO MY "DO NOT DEAL WITH" LIST.

DOESN'T LOOK LIKE I'M MISSING MUCH ANYWAY. THE CUE LOOKS LIKE A CHEAP OVERSEAS CONVERSION.

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well alot of them do that for when people search Mottey, etc. and to search 'inside' the descriptions it will bring that cue up. I hate it also as it wastes your time if your looking for other cues.

RDCustomCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
powerlineman80 said:
Well alot of them do that for when people search Mottey, etc. and to search 'inside' the descriptions it will bring that cue up. I hate it also as it wastes your time if your looking for other cues.
I want to see the $1500 converted dufferin he is comparing it to.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
FAST_N_LOOSE said:
I CAN'T STAND ACUTIONS LIKE THIS ONE.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290203310770&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

SELL YOUR OWN CUE, ON IT'S MERIT. NOT BY USING THE NAME OF A VERY WELL KNOWN CUEMAKER.

THE WORST PART IS, THE SELLER APPEARS TO ALSO BE THE CUEMAKER.

DOES THIS BOTHER ANYONE ELSE

Here is another Dufferin converted by a Top Cue Maker, and check out who did the job!!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-CUSTOM-PAU...ryZ21212QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

To me $1500 for a Dufferin is funny!!!!!!!!! :D No matter who converted it.;)

Bigjohn

Support Our Troops!
Silver Member
manwon said:
Here is another Dufferin converted by a Top Cue Maker, and check out who did the job!!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-CUSTOM-PAU...ryZ21212QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

To me $1500 for a Dufferin is funny!!!!!!!!! :D No matter who converted it.;)

I don't, at all, expect to get that price! ... Its just a starting point on the "make offer" format... I have had a couple of pretty fair offers on it though that I am considering. It's a very nice cue and an excellent player. Be easy on me now, guys.

RoyL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking of things I hate in eBay auctions

How about when Dale Perry used to type in a giant list of cuemaker's names in white on his eBay auctions, thereby guaranteeing more hits when someone did a cue search.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Bigjohn said:
I don't, at all, expect to get that price! ... Its just a starting point on the "make offer" format... I have had a couple of pretty fair offers on it though that I am considering. It's a very nice cue and an excellent player. Be easy on me now, guys.

John, no disrespect intended and I wish you well with your auction!! I did not even know you were a member of the forum, I was just adding to an existing thread. But, this I can say for certain John, to me a Dufferin is just that, and I have to agree with the other poster with this cue someone will be buying a name, and there is nothing wrong with that!!!!;)

Have a good night John!! and good Luck with the sale.