Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Wanted/For Sale
Reload this Page Raffles are no longer allowed on the site
Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Raffles are no longer allowed on the site
Old
  (#1)
AzHousePro
Administrator
AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

Raffles are no longer allowed on the site - 07-27-2011, 04:47 PM

Hey gang, got a note from the Arizona AG's office today about the online raffles. After consulting a local attorney, I have been informed that it would be best if we did not allow online raffles on the site.

I have no proof of this, but I suspect that a certain online cue maker and parts salesman is responsible for this whole issue. Nevertheless, it is what it is.

I will leave this section open long enough for existing raffles to work with people who have purchased numbers and to work out how they want to handle their raffles.

After that, I will be shutting this section down.

PLEASE DO NOT START ANY MORE RAFFLES IN THIS AREA!!

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#2)
12ozCurl
Banned
12ozCurl has a reputation beyond repute12ozCurl has a reputation beyond repute12ozCurl has a reputation beyond repute12ozCurl has a reputation beyond repute12ozCurl has a reputation beyond repute12ozCurl has a reputation beyond repute12ozCurl has a reputation beyond repute12ozCurl has a reputation beyond repute12ozCurl has a reputation beyond repute12ozCurl has a reputation beyond repute12ozCurl has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

07-27-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHousePro View Post
Hey gang, got a note from the Arizona AG's office today about the online raffles. After consulting a local attorney, I have been informed that it would be best if we did not allow online raffles on the site.

I have no proof of this, but I suspect that a certain online cue maker and parts salesman is responsible for this whole issue. Nevertheless, it is what it is.

I will leave this section open long enough for existing raffles to work with people who have purchased numbers and to work out how they want to handle their raffles.

After that, I will be shutting this section down.

PLEASE DO NOT START ANY MORE RAFFLES IN THIS AREA!!
Someone must want to share.....

Mike....you know you can limit access to a sub-forum....as in make it completely private, except to certian members? VBulletin is really easy to set something like that up. If you PM me I will be glad to share what I know.

A good guy
Old
  (#3)
tommie1351
AzB Silver Member
tommie1351 has a reputation beyond reputetommie1351 has a reputation beyond reputetommie1351 has a reputation beyond reputetommie1351 has a reputation beyond reputetommie1351 has a reputation beyond reputetommie1351 has a reputation beyond reputetommie1351 has a reputation beyond reputetommie1351 has a reputation beyond reputetommie1351 has a reputation beyond reputetommie1351 has a reputation beyond reputetommie1351 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300

Cool A good guy - 07-27-2011, 09:03 PM

Mike, you are a good guy and I know you are only doing this because it is buisness. You have always been nothing but good to me.I am one of those guys that does not get involved in anything that will cause a fight. I buy and sell on your sight and really appreciate it.
I believe that these raffles hurt no one, especially cuemakers and Billiard suppliers. It gave people a chance to have a cue that they normally could not afford. I know that writing this will do no good, but I've been a big backer of these raffles since day1. I just wanted to voice my opinion, which I very seldom do. Like I said you are a good guy and would not do this if you had a choice. Do what you have to do,like you said "It is what it is" Thank you for the many years you have taken a beating for having them. Your Friend
TOMMIE

www.tmcuesales.com - Cues for Sale - Cases for Sale
Kamui and Tiger Dealer
Please Click Links Above For More Cues and Cases Avialable & Will Ship Worldwide

Old
  (#4)
rossaroni
AzB Gold Member
rossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 7175

07-27-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommie1351 View Post
Mike, you are a good guy and I know you are only doing this because it is buisness. You have always been nothing but good to me.I am one of those guys that does not get involved in anything that will cause a fight. I buy and sell on your sight and really appreciate it.
I believe that these raffles hurt no one, especially cuemakers and Billiard suppliers. It gave people a chance to have a cue that they normally could not afford. I know that writing this will do no good, but I've been a big backer of these raffles since day1. I just wanted to voice my opinion, which I very seldom do. Like I said you are a good guy and would not do this if you had a choice. Do what you have to do,like you said "It is what it is" Thank you for the many years you have taken a beating for having them. Your Friend
TOMMIE
I agree Tommie. This is a sad day in AZ Land.

Old
  (#5)
Renegade_56
R56 Custom Cues
Renegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-27-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossaroni View Post
Indeed,,,,,,,,

Renegade_56

If winning is so easy why aren't the losers doing it?

R56 Custom Cues on Facebook

Old
  (#6)
cuehobby
AzB Silver Member
cuehobby has a reputation beyond reputecuehobby has a reputation beyond reputecuehobby has a reputation beyond reputecuehobby has a reputation beyond reputecuehobby has a reputation beyond reputecuehobby has a reputation beyond reputecuehobby has a reputation beyond reputecuehobby has a reputation beyond reputecuehobby has a reputation beyond reputecuehobby has a reputation beyond reputecuehobby has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2200

07-27-2011, 11:16 PM

I couldnt have put it any better.
Same here, with great appreciation and lots of fun while it lasted.

R/
Bryan (cuehobby)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommie1351 View Post
TOMMIE

Old
  (#7)
KOINNKID
Troy
KOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond reputeKOINNKID has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4220

07-27-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHousePro View Post
If you know who it is you should out them and ban them from the sight.

Thanks
Koinnkid (Troy)
Ebay Store: All About The Game Room
Ebay Store: TNT BILLIARD PRODUCTS
Email: TNTCues@gmail.com
Playing Cues: TNT Hoppe cue.
Break cue: TNT Jump Break cue

Tip of choice for all my playing cues: Kamui Original Soft

KAMUI TIPS AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTOR

Quote of the day "Gold Bond it's like crack for your balls" Tyler Perry

Last edited by KOINNKID; 07-31-2011 at 02:49 PM.

raffle
Old
  (#8)
Bigd3
BIGGER in Texas
Bigd3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigd3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigd3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigd3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigd3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigd3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigd3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigd3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigd3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigd3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigd3 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

raffle - 07-27-2011, 11:25 PM

Ditto ! These raffles are (were) the greatest thing since sliced bread. Gave everybody HOPE that they can own some of these great cues/cases that they normally would never be able to afford. What's the ol' saying, "Where theirs a will theirs a way" ! Hopefully someone will come up with something to save these raffles ????????

Old
  (#9)
slyfox
Olney Fan
slyfox has a reputation beyond reputeslyfox has a reputation beyond reputeslyfox has a reputation beyond reputeslyfox has a reputation beyond reputeslyfox has a reputation beyond reputeslyfox has a reputation beyond reputeslyfox has a reputation beyond reputeslyfox has a reputation beyond reputeslyfox has a reputation beyond reputeslyfox has a reputation beyond reputeslyfox has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2011, 01:32 AM

Hey Mike. That sucks. No way around it. But from hearing what Tommie, Ross, etc have said I think you're doing what is in the best interest of the forum. I have a raffle already more than half way paid that I will try to run by Friday. If that is ok to finish it up? Please let me know one way or another as it would be most helpful to finish this one in a timely manner if it is allowed by you.

Thanks,
Chris.

Old
  (#10)
Evil8 Billiards
EVIL8BILLIARDS.COM
Evil8 Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeEvil8 Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeEvil8 Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeEvil8 Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeEvil8 Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeEvil8 Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeEvil8 Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeEvil8 Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeEvil8 Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeEvil8 Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeEvil8 Billiards has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

07-28-2011, 03:11 AM

I hate how there is always one person that can ruin something good.

Old
  (#11)
onebadscorpio72
AzB Silver Member
onebadscorpio72 has a reputation beyond reputeonebadscorpio72 has a reputation beyond reputeonebadscorpio72 has a reputation beyond reputeonebadscorpio72 has a reputation beyond reputeonebadscorpio72 has a reputation beyond reputeonebadscorpio72 has a reputation beyond reputeonebadscorpio72 has a reputation beyond reputeonebadscorpio72 has a reputation beyond reputeonebadscorpio72 has a reputation beyond reputeonebadscorpio72 has a reputation beyond reputeonebadscorpio72 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1000

07-28-2011, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossaroni View Post
For me also...since this is the reason I actually joined this site...thanks for all the fun guys

Steve

Old
  (#12)
SirNoobs
AzB Silver Member
SirNoobs has a reputation beyond reputeSirNoobs has a reputation beyond reputeSirNoobs has a reputation beyond reputeSirNoobs has a reputation beyond reputeSirNoobs has a reputation beyond reputeSirNoobs has a reputation beyond reputeSirNoobs has a reputation beyond reputeSirNoobs has a reputation beyond reputeSirNoobs has a reputation beyond reputeSirNoobs has a reputation beyond reputeSirNoobs has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2011, 04:39 AM

I wish I had the chance to explore this sub forum more, seeing how I could get some nice cues under 50 bucks and some luck.

Old
  (#13)
huangfanling
AzB Silver Member
huangfanling has a reputation beyond reputehuangfanling has a reputation beyond reputehuangfanling has a reputation beyond reputehuangfanling has a reputation beyond reputehuangfanling has a reputation beyond reputehuangfanling has a reputation beyond reputehuangfanling has a reputation beyond reputehuangfanling has a reputation beyond reputehuangfanling has a reputation beyond reputehuangfanling has a reputation beyond reputehuangfanling has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2011, 04:40 AM

Too Bad...Raffle could be Fun More than Ebay though ...

Old
  (#14)
LPCUSTOMCUES
AzB Silver Member
LPCUSTOMCUES has a reputation beyond reputeLPCUSTOMCUES has a reputation beyond reputeLPCUSTOMCUES has a reputation beyond reputeLPCUSTOMCUES has a reputation beyond reputeLPCUSTOMCUES has a reputation beyond reputeLPCUSTOMCUES has a reputation beyond reputeLPCUSTOMCUES has a reputation beyond reputeLPCUSTOMCUES has a reputation beyond reputeLPCUSTOMCUES has a reputation beyond reputeLPCUSTOMCUES has a reputation beyond reputeLPCUSTOMCUES has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

07-28-2011, 04:50 AM

If they are no longer going to have raffles on this site, I will set up a place on my website to hold them.

LINK BELOW

http://lpcustomcue.com/billiardsforum

Anyone wanting to start a raffle there, be my guest.
I would suggest limiting it to AZ members and they would have to post there AZ name.

Thanks
Lee

Last edited by LPCUSTOMCUES; 07-28-2011 at 04:58 AM.

Old
  (#15)
JE54
Got to get a new file.
JE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2011, 04:57 AM

Lee, that's a very nice thing to do.................

Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: