Old
  (#16)
Bamacues
AzB Silver Member

Bamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300

11-18-2014, 11:46 AM

[QUOTE=DAVE_M;]While bumping may not be in effect, don't fret, there are other ways for your items to be seen.

I've added a tutorial for those of you that would like to advertise in your signature.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...69#post4971969 [QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DAVE_M;4972358]While constructive criticism is appreciated, this is a horrible attitude.

With your view, I can say this:
The new system is set in stone. If you don't like it, don't read it.[QUOTE=DAVE_M;4972358]

I don't see where the original poster had a horrible attitude. He had an opinion and he stated it. The fact that it differs from yours does not make it "horrible".

What I don't see is where you are coming from with all of your "directives" to the owners and staff of AZB. You are not even a Gold member, yet you have all the answers.

Where does your authority and credibility come from?

Joe

Playing Cue: Not playing at this time

You Should Also....
Old
  (#17)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

You Should Also.... - 11-18-2014, 11:50 AM

Change the text colors for better distinction and separation of AZ names, thread titles, thread text, etc. because it is very non-distinctive and scanning thread titles for things you might be interested becomes much harder.

Then create a section for pool cues only and cases only and everything else goes into miscellaneous. I am looking for a cue so why should I have to sort through a dozen pages of threads that are difficult to spot and it become needlessly laborious.....then you can use the thread date and it works much better.

I know you guys are trying but there's a lot of room for improvement. The old format, even with endless bumping, was much easier to read........don't throw out the baby with the bathwater just for the sake of change. The current format is like browsing through a Costco store for only one (1) single item but you have no idea where it might be.........please make it easier and more functional.

Matt B.

p.s. Way to go Joe.......you're right.

p.p.s. Azers will just make new threads for the same item using a new heading just to attain front page position for the sale item using thread date order.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (9-6-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon '85 Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Last edited by Bavafongoul; 11-18-2014 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Concurrence with Bama Cues

Old
  (#18)
DAVE_M
AzB Silver Member
DAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond repute

11-18-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamacues View Post
I don't see where the original poster had a horrible attitude. He had an opinion and he stated it. The fact that it differs from yours does not make it "horrible".

What I don't see is where you are coming from with all of your "directives" to the owners and staff of AZB. You are not even a Gold member, yet you have all the answers.

Where does your authority and credibility come from?

Joe

Deal with it, IS a horrible attitude.

My Gold Membership just expired this past month. I've renewed my membership today and am awaiting the member status change.
I do not have all the answers, but I do have solutions that were borrowed from other vBulletin forums that I frequent, where I am also a paid member at different levels.

Where does my authority and credibility come from? Where does yours?

Last edited by DAVE_M; 11-18-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Bumping
Old
  (#19)
Marc
AzB Gold Member

Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Bumping - 11-18-2014, 12:16 PM

a week wait to be able to Bump makes sense. No bumping at all will make the effectiveness of selling in this forum decrease considerably, i think

Many potential buyers only check the first few top pages, thats why the 48 hour Bump rule proved to be effective

Old
  (#20)
Bamacues
AzB Silver Member

Bamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond repute

11-18-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post

Deal with it, IS a horrible attitude.

My Gold Membership just expired this past month. I've renewed my membership today and am awaiting the member status change.
I do not have all the answers, but I do have solutions that were borrowed from other vBulletin forums that I frequent, where I am also a paid member at different levels.

Where does my authority and credibility come from? Where does yours?
Where does my credibility come from? First of all, I am not the one trying to change the forum. However, you can check out my iTrader and reputation, if you like.

Total Posts

Reputation Received
1818423549 point(s) total

Feedback Score: 100.0%

Positive Feedback: 540
Total positive feedback: 898

Members who left positive: 540
Members who left negative: 0

I mean, these are just numbers, but feel free to ask the members with whom I have dealt in the past.

.....and just because one member's opinion differs from yours STILL does not make it horrible...Deal with your own bias.

Joe

Last edited by Bamacues; 11-18-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Bumping threads
Old
  (#21)
CueAddict81
AzB Silver Member
CueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping threads - 11-18-2014, 01:43 PM

I just combined all my old posts (4) into one post with links yesterday. What about when there are 7 posts that fill up the page?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416343424.386487.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  85.6 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416343524.298966.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  91.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel
214-288-0766

Old
  (#22)
DAVE_M
AzB Silver Member
DAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond repute

11-18-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamacues View Post
Where does my credibility come from? First of all, I am not the one trying to change the forum. However, you can check out my iTrader and reputation, if you like.

Total Posts

Reputation Received
1818423549 point(s) total

Feedback Score: 100.0%

Positive Feedback: 540
Total positive feedback: 898

Members who left positive: 540
Members who left negative: 0

I mean, these are just numbers, but feel free to ask the members with whom I have dealt in the past.

.....and just because one member's opinion differs from yours STILL does not make it horrible...Deal with your own bias.

Joe
So my question still stands... Where does your credibility come from? Who are you to question the credibility of others? I seem to have upset you and I apologize, but you should heed your own advice.

Old
  (#23)
Bamacues
AzB Silver Member

11-18-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
So my question still stands... Where does your credibility come from? Who are you to question the credibility of others? I seem to have upset you and I apologize, but you should heed your own advice.
Apology accepted, but another person's opinion is never "horrible".

If those in charge are to weigh the merits (or lack of) opinions offered, they need to look at all of them, and they all have value. Just because you may feel strongly about your ideas and opinions does not mean that everyone else shares your feeling for them.

The main thing to remember here is that AZB is not a Democracy. It has gotten to the top of the totem pole without all our advise and opinions, though freely offered, having been followed.

In this occasion, they have asked for the member's opinions as to changes on-going. No bullying or name-calling, please.

Joe

Old
  (#24)
Mr. Wilson
El Kabong

Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

11-18-2014, 03:00 PM

IMO

Wanted / sales threads should only be capable of being posted / replied to by OP.

Original post should be free,
Bumps, regardless of how many should be sold for 1$ via Paypal.

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

-- Mark Twain

Hay!
Old
  (#25)
nick serdula
AzB Gold Member
nick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond repute

Hay! - 11-18-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
IMO

Wanted / sales threads should only be capable of being posted / replied to by OP.

Lets go with that. I don't have paypal. Glad my check is good. Only the OP can bump and $1 a shot to bump.
Most Cues are searched by builder. If you don't advertise what is in demand your thread bumping will produce the same result as no bumps at all.

Seriously having a forum rule like the op can only bump and pay for the bump is Brilliant,
Nick

Old
  (#26)
Allen Brown
Pool Whale
Allen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond repute

11-18-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
IMO

This is how another forum is set up. The. OP can only bump his own thread after 48 hours and no one can post in it. This certain for sale section charged $5 per thread created.

There is also a place to sell items for a charge of 10 bucks to the seller to post there. If the item doesn't sell within a certain amount of time it is removed and can be reposted for the $10 charge.

Old
  (#27)
Kot_Bigemot
AzB Silver Member
Kot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to Kot_Bigemot 
11-18-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
IMO

Some of us do not use PayPal, myself included.
Also, basically, people that can afford it, will bump and bump and bump.
What about guys that can not afford it or do not want to pay $1/bump on top of Gold membership?
And lastly, should not Gold membership come with fee bumps or at least with some free bumps.

Only two things are infinite; The Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the Universe -Albert Einstein.

Old
  (#28)
Jim Baxter
AzB Silver Member

Jim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

11-18-2014, 03:34 PM

Who is OP ????

Custom Joint Protectors for Sale

Contact info Ph. 253-226-0932 Never text me ................ Email jbaxte@earthlink.net

Old
  (#29)
Kot_Bigemot
AzB Silver Member
Kot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to Kot_Bigemot 
11-18-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Baxter View Post
Who is OP ????
Original Poster

Only two things are infinite; The Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the Universe -Albert Einstein.

This will fix the problem
Old
  (#30)
itzel0101
buyselltradecues
itzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond repute

This will fix the problem - 11-18-2014, 03:51 PM

To resolve the Over bumping ... and the First page Lovers, it should definitely be charged thru PayPal a small fee...

$3.00 to Post and $1.00 to bump every 48 hours only... can only be bumped by the OP

if you make a little or a lot on AZ, pay for the Great Service...
that is my opinion ...

buyselltradecues@yahoo.com

Txt me for any questions (562) 205 -6278 if you need better pics too

Page 2 of 6 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: