bar leauge 8-ball, breaking rule ???

mrjobe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The other night I win the coin toss, line up and absolutely sweep the leg Johnny.

Balls went every where...including the cue ball.

The cue ball flies off the table, brains this poor girl right in the side of head, bounces back to the table and comes to rest.

Legal break or no?

mrjobe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
66 views and not 1 opinion? Not even 1 smart ass comment?

You guys got to admit, that's pretty impressive she was standing a good 5 feet away lol.

But seriously, yes the cue ball left the table. But it came to rest on the table.

I was given a foul and loss of turn.

Is that the correct call?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leaving the table, and hitting a 3rd party object outside of the table, that may be a foul. Same as if you had chalk on the table and the cueball ran up the rail, hit the chalk, then fell to the bed of the table. That would not be a good shot since the ball hit an interfering object not part of the table.

I'd say it's a foul. If it just flew up on the rail then rolled back down then it's good. Leaving the table and hitting something else, foul. Outside of the fact that the cueball left the table, it also hit another object, if the ceuball was on the table and you hit it with your hand, it would be a foul. Hitting something well outside the playing surface, double the foul LOL

mrjobe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're probably right lol.

Hell of a trick shot though.

So what about bouncing straight up and hitting the light? I see that frequently and the breaker continues to shoot

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're probably right lol.

Hell of a trick shot though.

So what about bouncing straight up and hitting the light? I see that frequently and the breaker continues to shoot

I would also count that as a foul since the light is not part of the table components. I am not a ref though, just pay attention to rules and what "should" be the right call. There may be in some place an official ruling that happened for this.