Poison Cues

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Well I got a Poison cue on a trade and play with it from time to time just hitting balls. This thing plays great, moves the ball around very well too, I was actually amazed how well it played. I recommend these cues if your looking for a cheaper version of a Predator. :wink:

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, i have one and thinks it plays very, very well for the money. It is very similar to a predator (not surprising, coming from the same company). The shaft has very good LD performance, pretty close to the 314-2. They don't talk much about the good LD performance in the marketing materials, perhaps not to take too much thunder from the predator. I also like the Ghost joint, it is heavy, which gives the cue a nice forward balance which I prefer. The only thing I didn't like was the Sarin tip. It felt very dead, no feedback at all. Some of their designs I'm not crazy about, but the Venom shaft is a winner.

Colomblanco

Registered
I like

I play with a Predator but I've tried the Poison cues and they're not bad at all. Possibly a better overall value than predator. If I had to mention something negative, I think they're kind of ugly.

Last edited:

rocesm12

Registered
i have a poison strychnine ST1, it was my first cue i bought it on a recomendation from my team mates as best value for the $$$. after a year of play the feurrle broke on it so i had returned it poison/predator to get a warranty replacement, i took that oprotunity to upgrade to a 314-2. once i got it i relized just how well the venom shaft did perform. while i do enjoy the 314 i do feel that for the extra $$ involved with getting a 314 i was best off staying with the venom shaft and just getting a Moori tip put on it. the venom shaft really is a LD shaft and its a shame that poison doesnt emphasize this more, pretty close to the 314-2.

however as i said it was my first cue so iam by no means an expert, however some of my team mates who own brands such as predator, falcon, and mcderrmott, and have tried my cue comment quite highly of my cue choice.

terminal_288

@terminal_288
Silver Member
I've got one of the 1st genereation VX playing cues and would have to say it was a reliable cue. After a year of playing with it I got the Predator Z shaft for it and found that to be a good combination. After a while the only 2 sort of complaints with it would be the joint, I like thats its quick release but sometimes it just felt like it a little to quick if that makes sence and second the wrap I love it, I hate it... the rubber grip just some days it felt great im my hand other days not so much it was all i could focus on. As of late i have switched over to the predator sneaky pete, but would still recomend anyone buying a new cue to whack a few balls around with the poison line.

resurrecta

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might have some feedback on it.
I was in need of new cue fast because my cue got damaged. I had several options at the local cue dealer, but I ended up buying the Arsenic AR6.
I can tell you this about it; The pics on the internet make the cue even look bad. It's way more decent in hand. The "points" were carefully engineered. Nice ebony wood. The rosewood has some color variations in it though. Nothing too bad. I'd rate the butt a solid 8 out of 10. The bad part about the butt, was actually the leather grip. It feels way too rough in my taste. And I also noticed that the leather isn't too well bonded together. An aligator black wrap is what I'm considering. It won't change the view of the cue and feels way better.
The butt's pretty slim too. Let's say it's alot thinner than say an Adam cue or your average Predator. But it's still more "fat" than a Cuetec. I think it's just right.
The balanced is a lil' bit more to the front end of the cue. It's well balanced.

The shaft.... Well, in terms of deflection... it really doesn't come close to a Predator 314². But what I can tell you, is that it has less deflection than most conventional shafts. In terms of Double Density... Well it's there. The wood had a foam core for about 6 inches (I used to own a VX and I replaced the ferrule on it) despite Poison sometimes advertising it as being 2 different woods.

The tip... Sarin tip. If you're new to the game, the tip is ok. It holds chalk well, it doesn't lose its shape too fast. But I noticed that it underperforms kamui's, snipers, moori's, everests.... I recommend upgrading it to a different tip as soon as you leave the shop, :p

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Andre26

Registered
The tip... Sarin tip. If you're new to the game, the tip is ok. It holds chalk well, it doesn't lose its shape too fast. But I noticed that it underperforms kamui's, snipers, moori's, everests.... I recommend upgrading it to a different tip as soon as you leave the shop, :p

I hope this helps.

Agree, Sarin is OK, but Kamui, sniper, moori, everest, are better.
Generally, Poison is worth the money :thumbup:

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
I purchased an Arsenic AR-2....Great hitting cue...I actually like the Sarin tip...Reminds me of a layered Triangle...I too had trouble getting use to the leather wrap...A little different...For $254 it was well worth the money....Won the first 2 tournaments I played with it and came in 2nd on the 3rd one...Easily paid for itself right away....Moves the ball really well and draws easy....

M&GColtharp

Registered
Well I got a Poison cue on a trade and play with it from time to time just hitting balls. This thing plays great, moves the ball around very well too, I was actually amazed how well it played. I recommend these cues if your looking for a cheaper version of a Predator. :wink:

I had a chance this past Saturday to try the poison JB and it was delightful! I was surprised, so much so that I priced one and I'm think about buying one. I'm not to big on the neon colors but for the price I can live with it.

weakfingers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd have to say I like Poison cues. The ghost joint is heavier and forward balanced, and I think there's good value in them. Personally, though, I'd rather go the extra step and get the Predator sneaky (which doesn't look much like a sneaky at all) just for the shaft. I do like the way Poisons are designed though... very sporty modern look.

shojingod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never tried a Poison cue so I really cannot judge on the playing capability which can be pretty good but my god are they ugly as sin. They need to come out with a more classic looking line then I bet you they will sell much better then that modern look they created. :confused:

Pooljunkiealex

I have Poison for both my Break and Play sticks and have been very happy with them. I definitely agree with what others have said about the Sarin tip though, I changed to a Moori medium and it's much better.