Donnie Mills

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has Donnie Mills played on the Mosconi Cup? I think he deserves a shot. He seems like a great guy with a fantastic game that would represent USA very well and I hear 9 ball is his best game.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's a working stiff and manages to play top-notch pool. That's strong right there.

Imagine how far he would go if he played full-time.

He's better of stick to a guaranteed income, though. I still admire the kid getting out there and playing at this high level. Very admirable!

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After the last two tournaments Donny played in with top class fields and came in 3rd in both I believe I also was considering for a spot on the mosconi team.

On the other note I always admire and respect full time working guys that play world class pool. It's amazing to me and something to look up to.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After the last two tournaments Donny played in with top class fields and came in 3rd in both I believe I also was considering for a spot on the mosconi team.
On the other note I always admire and respect full time working guys that play world class pool. It's amazing to me and something to look up to.
I think Mills would be a better contribution to the over all effort than Strickland.
Mills is still a human being with the usual emotions, however he has better self control and disciplines himself accordingly.
And his ability to play the game goes without question.
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

Dave714

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's a working stiff and manages to play top-notch pool. That's strong right there.

Imagine how far he would go if he played full-time.

He's better of stick to a guaranteed income, though. I still admire the kid getting out there and playing at this high level. Very admirable!

Be quite !! You talk too much.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they should definitely open in the Cup to provide a spot for an 'amateur'.

Maybe defined as one who has never been top 3 in a points event, voted by players of current years points event?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He may not like to fly as i recall (i think). One thing for sure, he got top 10 finishes in the US Open back to back less than 10 years ago.

He was also ahead most of his race to 100 vs SVB.

I saw him slip from stretching at TS-Lucky he didnt foul by moving a couple of balls. He actually is aware that when he wears leather soul shoes, that is a possibility but he likes to "look good".

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
He may not like to fly as i recall (i think). One thing for sure, he got top 10 finishes in the US Open back to back less than 10 years ago.

He was also ahead most of his race to 100 vs SVB.

I saw him slip from stretching at TS-Lucky he didnt foul by moving a couple of balls. He actually is aware that when he wears leather soul shoes, that is a possibility but he likes to "look good".

Seems to be good with flying now.

Had a 3rd place in the US Open by playing real good......Got my vote !

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Donny Mills would be a great addition to the MC team this year, a very wise choice imo. He has the experience, the talent and he plays good under pressure. We definitely need to shake things up to have a chance against Europe and adding Donny might be part of it.

Oscar is playing great right now and deserves consideration. He is another one who knows how to play under fire. I like Shane, Sky, Donny and Oscar with Justin or Billy filling the last spot. That team might have the right chemistry to pull off the upset. :)

Last edited:

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has Donnie Mills played on the Mosconi Cup? I think he deserves a shot. He seems like a great guy with a fantastic game that would represent USA very well and I hear 9 ball is his best game.
I was at Turning Stone this weekend and I agree with this 100%.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they should definitely open in the Cup to provide a spot for an 'amateur'.

Maybe defined as one who has never been top 3 in a points event, voted by players of current years points event?

Wow, you blew me over, I thought they were all amateurs, some were just hustling amateurs. The only Pro I know that gets paid is Van Boening. Maybe it's different in Europe

I was under the impression that the Mosconi cup was for anyone that wants to represent their prospective country.

I gotta get out more...

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just read where Donny Mills likes to be called or referred to as Donny, NOT Donnie...