Jayson Shaw Mosconi Cup

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
He has not been named to the team yet. What are they waiting for?

They're waiting for tomorrow.

What a US Open for Europe! Shaw (Scotland), Kaci (Albania), Sanchez-Ruiz (Spain) swept the top three spots.

Coach Chamat has some tough choices to make. Shaw, Souquet, Filler and two others --- but who will be the two others?

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They're waiting for tomorrow.

What a US Open for Europe! Shaw (Scotland), Kaci (Albania), Sanchez-Ruiz (Spain) swept the top three spots.

Coach Chamat has some tough choices to make. Shaw, Souquet, Filler and two others --- but who will be the two others?

Nick van den Berg secured an automatic spot with his showing this past week. Shaw will be a wild card pick. One wild card left to choose... either Ouschan or Sanchez-Ruiz.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They don't have a player leader so probably Darren or Niels will be the wild card 5th man
Darren+Shaw or Niels +NVB will form nexus of team :smile:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
not Sanchez Ruiz; Alcaide has had a better year

Europe has a wealth of riches! Any one of three (or make that five) good choices to complete the team. Could be another lean year for Team USA unless Shane finds his 'A' game and the kids come up big. Dennis needs a flashback to 2009 and Oscar must treat it like just another money game (which it is!). Am I asking for too much? ;)

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They don't have a player leader so probably Darren or Niels will be the wild card 5th man
Darren+Shaw or Niels +NVB will form nexus of team :smile:

ralf?
i ofc hope albin gets the last wc as reigning worldchamp and last years MVP.......the spaniards have also strong arguements tho!
either way, chamat cant pick wrong for team europe!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
If they go on current form, they'll pick Kaci, who beat a whole bunch of champions in Virginia, including Appleton, Oi, Alcano, and Deuel.

Last edited:

MatchroomPool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
The first European wildcard will be announced on Tuesday afternoon UK time and the second on Wednesday afternoon.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
need to make a new rule... "if you live in the USA full time, you are required to play on Team USA"

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be great if Shaw played for the USA instead. Isn’t he a citizen now?

I believe he is a resident, not a citizen. He will need to be in resident status for five years from the time he obtained residential status and then he can apply for citizenship. Some people never apply for citizenship and retain resident status their entire life(that has its risks, but that’s another conversation).

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
need to make a new rule... "if you live in the USA full time, you are required to play on Team USA"

I don’t think where a person lives defines their nationality for the most part. However I do think it should be something like North America vs Europe. Europe has almost double the population as the U.S. and thus twice the odds of producing talent.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 247