Valuation of SW cue

whiteoak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been away from the game for several years and am interested in playing recreationally again,maybe getting a table back in my home and occasionally playing a local tournament here and there. Coincidentally I came up earlier this year on Southwest Cues build list for my order I placed back in 2003(I think). Of course I ordered and received my cue and it's great. Now finally my question;Knowing I will never be a "heavy hitter" in the pool world(I am 58 yrs old)would you use this masterpiece to play or put it up as an investment? They appear to only be skyrocketing in value since I quit playing a few years back.Lastly,how much would playing with the cue and taking care of it while doing so devalue it? Thanks Much,Mike S

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
I've been away from the game for several years and am interested in playing recreationally again,maybe getting a table back in my home and occasionally playing a local tournament here and there. Coincidentally I came up earlier this year on Southwest Cues build list for my order I placed back in 2003(I think). Of course I ordered and received my cue and it's great. Now finally my question;Knowing I will never be a "heavy hitter" in the pool world(I am 58 yrs old)would you use this masterpiece to play or put it up as an investment? They appear to only be skyrocketing in value since I quit playing a few years back.Lastly,how much would playing with the cue and taking care of it while doing so devalue it? Thanks Much,Mike S

Mike,

Your not hard on equipment.

Play with it, ENJOY it, keep in mind that you have to hit 10K balls with a cue until it's "yours", to date all you've done is pay for it.

If you find any "bimps" (in 30 or 40 yrs) that bug you a refinish option is always available.

Best, Adam

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
SW cues will not go up in value for ever. That said you have a few options depending on you financial situation. 1. You could play the cue and enjoy it. Doing so will bring its future resale value down a little. 2. You can put it away and hope the market stays up until you want to sell. Or 3. sell it for a great profit and take half the money or more and save it for a rainy day and with the rest buy a real nice second hand cue built by other makers known for great playing cues. Either way you go you'll be good.