I bought Poolology

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
"numerous players" A few weeks ago you didn't know anyone that used CTE, now you know numerous players. That's a little funny. CTE aimers have no need to double check there aim with fractions.

I only personally know one guy who uses a pivot system... Shishkabob. But having sold a thousand books since February, I have plenty of players contacting me from around the world. A few right here on AZ that actually use CTE have mentioned in pm and email that they find my fractional method convenient for double-checking their CTE. No need to make that up....maybe they'll reply to prove you wrong, but I doubt it because they seem like reasonable people and not pot stirrers.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Not sure how you can keep a straight face and accuse anyone else of trolling. LMAO

A troll is someone who posts inflammatory comments to purposely start an argument or provoke emotional responses from others. Please find an example of trolling behavior by me. Keep in mind that civil questions pertaining to thread topic are not examples of trolling. However, making uncivil responses that attempt to belittle or provoke is considered trolling.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I finished ninth in the U S Amateurs a few years ago, what have you done?
Or for that matter, what has Brian done

I've never played in a pro-am tournament, no national competitions, no US opens, not even the Derby City classic. I have friends that go and many have done very well over the years. I tell them I know my limitations. They say I could do very well. I tell them I can't win and they say "hell, I probably can't either", but they spend the money and play anyway. I don't.

Currently I have the highest point count in our local BCA 8ball league after 11 weeks of play (504 out of a possible 550), winning 45 out of 55 games. It's not a spectacular achievement, but I'm not out to impress anyone. I just love playing pool, and haven't done the league stuff in a few years, for me, and feel good about how I'm playing. I have some great trophies that prove I was better than or luckier than other players at several events like the WV State 9ball tournament, and Virgina State 9ball, etc....these are from years ago before my kids began to control my life. Lol.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I think Brian has been pretty civil about things.

Again you guys start with your bs.

As far as anything goes ,none of you got any proof of anything on how well you play.

Bunch of d players preaching to the high heavens with your nonsense. :p

Thanks.....I try to keep it civil, but many in this forum seem to think it's an exclusive CTE forum. So any questions or comments or facts that remotely seem threatening to CTE, all civility goes down the drain. There are a couple of cte players here however that tend to remain courteous and helpful, like Mohrt and OnePocketJohn. I respect that.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks.....I try to keep it civil, but many in this forum seem to think it's an exclusive CTE forum. .

The problem most of us see is that everybody feels that in order to push what they like they must first discredit CTE. Nobody cares whether you sell your product or not, hell I even bought it, but constant slamming and attempting to disprove and discredit Stan's work is what most of us speak up about. I personally don't care for fractional aiming, didn't like it 40 years ago either but if it helps some people great. If it helps people it is completely irrelevant to CTE, and Stan's particular methods of explaining it.

If Firestone advertises Goodyear tires as bad it doesn't make many people wanna go out and buy Firestone tires.

The fact that everybody always compares whatever they like to Pro 1 is certainly a testament to the validity of Pro 1.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A troll is someone who posts inflammatory comments to purposely start an argument or provoke emotional responses from others. Please find an example of trolling behavior by me. Keep in mind that civil questions pertaining to thread topic are not examples of trolling. However, making uncivil responses that attempt to belittle or provoke is considered trolling.

What an absolute crock. :rolleyes: Backhand insults and flatout lies about another system, especially one that you say you have no intention of using, are not civil in the least. Dishonesty is not civil.

You have made many completely false statements about CTE and it's users. You have been corrected many times about those statements by people that know about them. Yet you tell them that they don't know what they are doing, and you, with your very limited knowledge, know all the details. That is the definition of a troll.

You say you just want to learn CTE, but then, every time someone with actual knowledge corrects your statements, you then, instead of learning from them, actually go out of your way to nitpick everything they tell you. That is classic trolling.

You spend more time trying to denigrate CTE and it's users than you do trying to promote your own system. Again, classic trolling.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The problem most of us see is that everybody feels that in order to push what they like they must first discredit CTE. Nobody cares whether you sell your product or not, hell I even bought it, but constant slamming and attempting to disprove and discredit Stan's work is what most of us speak up about. I personally don't care for fractional aiming, didn't like it 40 years ago either but if it helps some people great. If it helps people it is completely irrelevant to CTE, and Stan's particular methods of explaining it.

If Firestone advertises Goodyear tires as bad it doesn't make many people wanna go out and buy Firestone tires.

The fact that everybody always compares whatever they like to Pro 1 is certainly a testament to the validity of Pro 1.

Nice post. Green coming your way

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only personally know one guy who uses a pivot system... Shishkabob. But having sold a thousand books since February, I have plenty of players contacting me from around the world. A few right here on AZ that actually use CTE have mentioned in pm and email that they find my fractional method convenient for double-checking their CTE. No need to make that up....maybe they'll reply to prove you wrong, but I doubt it because they seem like reasonable people and not pot stirrers.

I wouldn't double check CTE with a fractional system. Odds are when using CTE if you make any adjustment then you miss the shot.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

I agree with most of this. One misconception about me when it comes to CTE is that many saw my questions as some methodical plot to debunk Stan's work. The fact is, I simply wanted to figure out how/why it works when it does, and why a player must work with it for a while before it begins to work well on other shots. I approached it from a mathematical view instead of accepting it as an unexplainable mystery. My approach required specific questions and examples to work it all out. I've always been a puzzle guy, can't walk by a mixed up Rubik's cube without fixing it, can't stand not understanding something that intrigues me. I don't think there's a fix for that.:frown:

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't double check CTE with a fractional system. Odds are when using CTE if you make any adjustment then you miss the shot.

100% correct. I think anyone that says they're verifying their CTE perception with fractional aiming is wasting their time as that is saying they don't understand CTE.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
What an absolute crock. :rolleyes: Backhand insults and flatout lies about another system, especially one that you say you have no intention of using, are not civil in the least. Dishonesty is not civil.

You have made many completely false statements about CTE and it's users. You have been corrected many times about those statements by people that know about them. Yet you tell them that they don't know what they are doing, and you, with your very limited knowledge, know all the details. That is the definition of a troll.

You say you just want to learn CTE, but then, every time someone with actual knowledge corrects your statements, you then, instead of learning from them, actually go out of your way to nitpick everything they tell you. That is classic trolling.

You spend more time trying to denigrate CTE and it's users than you do trying to promote your own system. Again, classic trolling.

I'm not going to be provoked into arguing with you about something you and every CTE user, including Stan, think is a mysterious phenomenon. Stan has admitted to not knowing the "why", only knowing the "how to". I know the why. There is no way you can understand this, because you don't know the "why". You only know the "how to". I could easily spend the next few weeks working on the "how to", but I was mainly curious about the "why", so I'm content. Anyway, thanks for the link to your 90/90 pivot video. I had seen it before, but this time I watched with a better understanding.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not going to be provoked into arguing with you about something you and every CTE user, including Stan, think is a mysterious phenomenon. Stan has admitted to not knowing the "why", only knowing the "how to". I know the why. There is no way you can understand this, because you don't know the "why". You only know the "how to". I could easily spend the next few weeks working on the "how to", but I was mainly curious about the "why", so I'm content. Anyway, thanks for the link to your 90/90 pivot video. I had seen it before, but this time I watched with a better understanding.

I don't think you understand how your statement proves what I said, while at the same time discredits anything else you might have to say.

To date, it is impossible to figure out the math to CTE. No university "experts", nor any one else is able to figure out how to do the math for a visual offset. But you, and you alone have done so. Yeah, right..... When will you be picking up your Nobel prize in mathematics?

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
100% correct. I think anyone that says they're verifying their CTE perception with fractional aiming is wasting their time as that is saying they don't understand CTE.

Not true. For someone trying to learn CTE, it's nice to have a method that immediately tells you, "Yes! This looks right!". It it much more productive than missing and trying again, missing, trying again, etc... In fact, here is a certified CTE instructor that suggests using ghostball to help beginning CTE players learn the pivots...

Bob Nunley

After getting your perception visuals and then addressing CCB from there, you must decide if the shot looks thick or thin. Usually this is easy when the balls are close together and closer to the pocket, like 1/2 table or closer. Using ghostball or contact points or fractional knowledge to help make this decision on the tougher shots, the ones that just don't stand out as obvious, is a smart learning tool.

Jonbouy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks.....I try to keep it civil, but many in this forum seem to think it's an exclusive CTE forum. So any questions or comments or facts that remotely seem threatening to CTE, all civility goes down the drain. There are a couple of cte players here however that tend to remain courteous and helpful, like Mohrt and OnePocketJohn. I respect that.

This is probably off topic but I will go ahead anyway. I asked you on another thread but possibly you didn't see it. I am interested in that story you told about one Mr. Bollis. I was born and raised in WV so I am interested in just where you reside. I was in Charleston for a number of years and never heard of this guy and want to know more. Please respond when it is convenient for you.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't think you understand how your statement proves what I said, while at the same time discredits anything else you might have to say.

To date, it is impossible to figure out the math to CTE. No university "experts", nor any one else is able to figure out how to do the math for a visual offset. But you, and you alone have done so. Yeah, right..... When will you be picking up your Nobel prize in mathematics?

Impossible? Knowing that the perception lines lead to an objective "fixed" ccb line, the pivot aim lines and corresponding shot angles created in reference to this CCB line can be calculated using standard geometry and trigonometry. No Nobel prize material there. The funny thing is, anyone that can't do the math would deny the results from anyone that can do it.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Impossible? Knowing that the perception lines lead to an objective "fixed" ccb line, the pivot aim lines and corresponding shot angles created in reference to this CCB line can be calculated using standard geometry and trigonometry. No Nobel prize material there. The funny thing is, anyone that can't do the math would deny the results from anyone that can do it.

You really don't have a friggin clue , do you? No need to answer that. You already did above. ;)

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
This is probably off topic but I will go ahead anyway. I asked you on another thread but possibly you didn't see it. I am interested in that story you told about one Mr. Bollis. I was born and raised in WV so I am interested in just where you reside. I was in Charleston for a number of years and never heard of this guy and want to know more. Please respond when it is convenient for you.

Oh....in the main forum...Johhny Billo. He lived in Pratt, about 25miles out of Charleston. He was a very strong player from about 1980 into the 1990's, right along side Jack Dunbar, Bruce Polly, Andy Stanley, Larry Price, Gene Robinson, etc...so many great players I can't think of all of them. If you're at least 50 you probably recognize those names as they were all champions back in the day. Jack Dunbar was actually a national champion. Johnny, Bruce, and Larry have passed on to the great beyond. Andy is still playing, but doesn't come out much. He is still an excellent player. Gene is about blind and living somewhere in Utah or Montana. He did Vegas for a while, teaching craps...lol.

Oh....I moved to Charleston about 16 years ago....live in South Hills.

Last edited:

Jonbouy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You really don't have a friggin clue , do you? No need to answer that. You already did above. ;)

I hate to be negative, but I think you have a good point, Neil. He has refused to answer a couple of simple questions of mine two times, so I think that his stories are all fabricated. I will not be buying a copy of the book.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I hate to be negative, but I think you have a good point, Neil. He has refused to answer a couple of simple questions of mine two times, so I think that his stories are all fabricated. I will not be buying a copy of the book.

Sorry. I was out of cell service until about 4pm today. Then had dinner, then sorted through email and forum stuff. I replied. But honestly, if you've never heard of Billo, you probably didn't play a lot of upper-level pool, or never went to the Boulevard Bowling Alley back when it was the place to play. But you could be too young to know any of this.

Last edited:

Jonbouy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh....in the main forum...Johhny Billo. He lived in Pratt, about 25miles out of Charleston. He was a very strong player from about 1980 into the 1990's, right along side Jack Dunbar, Bruce Polly, Andy Stanley, Larry Price, Gene Robinson, etc...so many great players I can't think of all of them. If you're at least 50 you probably recognize those names as they were all champions back in the day. Jack Dunbar was actually a national champion. Johnny, Bruce, and Larry have passed on to the great beyond. Andy is still playing, but doesn't come out much. He is still an excellent player. Gene is about blind and living somewhere in Utah or Montana. He did Vegas for a while, teaching craps...lol.

Sorry for my last post. You obviously didn't have time to answer me. I knew Jack Dunbar well and also Bruce Pawley. I used to play against them along with Chuck Samples, window washer Joey, Charlie Bufford and many others at the Hub, Strand, Monarch, Boulevard, etc. I don't think that there is a good pool room in Charleston now but I could be wrong. Thank you for your answer.