4 Francisco Sanchez Ruiz (ESP) 196
5 Albin Ouschan (AUT 181
6 Jayson Shaw (GBR) 152
7 David Alcaide (ESP) 149
8 Ruslan Chinakhov (RUS) 135
9 Wojciech Szewczyk (POL) 132
10 Mario He (AUT) 129

Final European Ranking List

I guess Shaw is sitting out the Mosconi Cup them eh? LOL :confused:;):p Appleton and Immonen are not even in top 10. Shaw who is from Scotland and lives in CT in the US, is listed under England LOL

Last edited:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Personally I think after the Brexit vote no one from the UK should be allowed on the European Mosconi Cop team!

OLD NO 9

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I guess Shaw is sitting out the Mosconi Cup them eh? LOL :confused:;):p Appleton and Immonen are not even in top 10. Shaw who is from Scotland and lives in CT in the US, is listed under England LOL

I believe Great Britain includes Scotland, just don't call Jayson an Englishman, he may take offense?

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

FYI, GBR is the country code for the United Kingdom, which includes Scotland. :eek:

MatchroomPool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member

No, he's listed under GBR which is the Olympic abbreviation for Great Britain of which Scotland is part of. England would have been ENG.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, he's listed under GBR which is the Olympic abbreviation for Great Britain of which Scotland is part of. England would have been ENG.

So what would Scotland be? Or are they lumped in GBR like the ex-USSR so you don't say they are specifically from there? I thought UK, England, Great Britain were all names for the same place. What else is in GBR vs England? Then what is UK? I'm confused now.

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what would Scotland be? Or are they lumped in GBR like the ex-USSR so you don't say they are specifically from there? I thought UK, England, Great Britain were all names for the same place. What else is in GBR vs England? Then what is UK? I'm confused now.

It's a country, but not an independent country.

The UK is a group of islands/countries dependent on one another.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland

Last edited:

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Here is a video that could explain the difference between the United Kingdom, which is made up of the countries of England, Scotland, Wales and Norther Ireland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10

Alternative explanation
Imagine if these countries were the different games of pool. Scotland and Northern Ireland could be 9-ball and 10-ball. Just like Scots and Irish, on the surface some people lump them together, but have distinct cultural differences which people will vehemently argue which is better.

Like proud Scots and Irish, both 9-ball & 10-ball players usually have disdain for the majority that play 8-ball (the English scourge). 8-ball, just like the English is synonymous in most people's mind when you mention pool or the UK.

The United Kingdom is the state name (Pool) give to represent these four countries. In our case 8-ball, 9-ball, 10-ball and 14.1. The Royal heir apparent is always the Prince of Wales, which why if you want to a shot a being the King of pool, you need to master 14.1

PS. Maybe Steinway is Westminster hall because that's where Dragon Promotions 14.1 World and Darren Appleton's World Pool Series hold their ceremonies to crown the winners of 14.1 and 8-ball. :smile:

Last edited: