Scratch in New Revo Shaft

Loon

Registered
I purchased a new 12.9 Revo from a vendor at an event this weekend, when I got home and pulled it for a closer review I noticed a small scratch in the finish of the shaft (see photo below). While I don't notice it during an up and down motion I can feel the divot from the scratch when going side to side.

While I feel this is a minimal issue I normally look past, I don't want it to effect the performance / longevity of the shaft especially with how much they cost and is really the reason I wanted a Revo in the first place to avoid worrying about dings and scratches.

Would you reach out to return it or just play it as is? Revo users are marks like this typical with play, just concerned because I can actually feel the scratch not just a finish mark.

https://imgur.com/a/EiUN3

Thanks!

Attachments

• Revo_scratch.jpg
    Revo_scratch.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 778
Last edited:

GB Basher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd want perfect for the price......Or a discount if the scratch didn't affect playability and me mentally.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While they say the shaft won't get scratched or get dings, it will. I have heard plenty of stories about it.

Loon

Registered
While they say the shaft won't get scratched or get dings, it will. I have heard plenty of stories about it.

That's mainly why I was looking for some feedback from Revo users, if this will happen with normal play I'll forget about it and move on. If not I'll probably want to get it replaced as it does bother me a bit.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased a new 12.9 Revo from a vendor at an event this weekend, when I got home and pulled it for a closer review I noticed a small scratch in the finish of the shaft (see photo below). While I don't notice it during an up and down motion I can feel the divot from the scratch when going side to side.

While I feel this is a minimal issue I normally look past, I don't want it to effect the performance / longevity of the shaft especially with how much they cost and is really the reason I wanted a Revo in the first place to avoid worrying about dings and scratches.

Would you reach out to return it or just play it as is? Revo users are marks like this typical with play, just concerned because I can actually feel the scratch not just a finish mark.

Thanks!
No, this isn't normal, depending on what the seller described it as. I'm sure the seller knew about, and a reputable seller should have disclosed this imperfection in the shaft to you before your purchased it. Partly your fault for not closely inspecting it as well.

I would either reach out to the seller if you can, or to Seyberts (Predator's largest dealer) or directly to Predator (good luck!), at least to see what they say after you send them photos - but they'll probably ask you to send back the shaft for them to fully inspect it.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks!
Sorry in my most recent response I failed to see you stated you thought you were purchasing a NEW shaft from this vendor. In that case, you should most certainly contact the vendor ASAP, who will hopefully make good and trade it out for a new one without any imperfections. I'm sure you paid over $400 for this new shaft, so it should be perfect! Hopefully, if he's a reputable dealer, he won't try to claim you should have inspected it, and that all sales are final.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't even consider keeping that one.....

Regarding scratches and dings... I have pounded my shaft and its still just fine...;)

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's mainly why I was looking for some feedback from Revo users, if this will happen with normal play I'll forget about it and move on. If not I'll probably want to get it replaced as it does bother me a bit.

I’m pretty OCD about my stuff and that would drive me insane. I’d return it and request a new one.

Return it now. Tell the vendor your are returning for exchange. You will never enjoy it. Send it back.

Loon

Registered
Thanks again guys, sad I have to wait a week or so for a new one but it wont be in the back of my head now.