Cue ID request, unknown brand or quality

mikej2

Registered
I picked these up at a rummage sale a number of years ago at the north end of my Wisconsin town. They said he gave up playing pool for a number of reasons but had been a regular in the local billiards tournaments and matches. I have no idea what his name was. These came together with the case.

[[ picture links deleted until I can get them resized, sorry ]]

ndRrhRb.jpg

PjAnvLw.jpg

4Mll9q2.jpg

VElKM7r.jpg

Last edited:

mikej2

Registered
I’ll give it a closer look but I don’t think there are any markings on it.

Edit: I took another look at it and don’t see any markings.

But on a sad note I looked over the other one that Ideologist thinks is an Adam and I noticed that the black ring at the base of the butt has a crack/split in it. Bummer.

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Top one is not a Paradise in my opinion. The joint walls are too thin, and on a cue like this, I can't imagine anybody going to the trouble to put a bumper on it, which Frank did not do.

All the best,
WW

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The one is an Adams (you tell by the pin), the other is NOT a Paradise IMO.

The Adams is a nice cue, BTW.

Ken

mikej2

Registered
Schmelke sort of rang a bell in my memory so I went and looked at the oldercatalog page on their website and they have some with wraps similar to the one I have. No exact match but very similar.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I am not an Schmelke expert. I do not believe the top cue is a Schmelke. Their joints are very recognizable. I believe it is not a collectible cue, maybe an early import.

mikej2

Registered
Interesting. Looks like Schmelke had/have several joint styles but none of the ones on their catalog page looks like the joint on my cue. The mystery continues.