Dust the lights at least once a week
Clean all the cue racks at least once a month
Check and clean every house cue once a month
Vacuum all the ball boxes every week
Clean the ball trays once a week
Dust the blinds once a week
Clean the Windows once a week
Clean and sweep outside front and back twice a week or more

Some of our normal routine to stay happily in business...... What are some of yours?

Steve

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
That is an impressive routine.

We struggle with keeping up doing our room at half the rate of yours. Some things we do more (sweeping cigs off the sidewalk several times a day) but most are less and it is overwhelming. Great list and schedule.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve,
You are running a tight ship, as it shoud be. Bet your room is great!
BR
Phil

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you?

Clean the pool balls at least once a day
Clean the billiard balls after every game
Vacuum the pool tables at least once a day
Vacuum the billiard tables after every game
Vacuum the floor every morning
Clean the bathrooms 10 times or more a day
Dust the lights at least once a week
Clean all the cue racks at least once a month
Check and clean every house cue once a month
Vacuum all the ball boxes every week
Clean the ball trays once a week
Dust the blinds once a week
Clean the Windows once a week
Clean and sweep outside front and back twice a week or more

Some of our normal routine to stay happily in business...... What are some of yours?

Steve

Yours sounds like a room I would want to play in. Particularly since you understand the differences between pool and billiards and their respective demands on equipment, since I am a 3C player (and I use the term player in its widest possible meaning, since I stink at it). You do billiards the Sang Lee way, a way that is still maintained at the Carom Cafe. Kudos!

Where are you located? And since you apparently have billiards, does the site run by dogloose have your info? He maintains the most up to date "where to play 3C" list I know of and your place should be on the list if it isn't already.

Here is a link to his site:

http://www.3cushionbilliards.com/where-to-play/locations

I'm going to Bordeaux for the 3C world championship in a couple of weeks, but next year I am planning one or more domestic billiard trips and I sure would like to make a stop at your room.

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey

We are listed.....Bayshore billiards
253 west Main Street
Bayshore, New York

We are out in Suffolk county on Long Island and we have four billiard tables

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
253 west Main Street
Bayshore, New York

I was there a few months back. Nice room, I enjoyed watching some 3C. The guys that play well can really make the game so artistic and beautiful to watch

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
do you?

Clean the pool balls at least once a day, beginning of each day
clean the billiard balls after every game, excessive
vacuum the pool tables at least once a day, before opening
vacuum the billiard tables after every game have no clue I was told 3c players are even more picky than pool players, so let us know
vacuum the floor every morning duh
clean the bathrooms 10 times or more a day...employees should do this each time they pee, bathroom ''tighten it up''
dust the lights at least once a week maybe
clean all the cue racks at least once a month maybe
check and clean every house cue once a month ck for sure, clean seems anal, i'm more concerned about tip condition and loose bumpers
ferrule cracks and making sure the laquer (on a new stick) is removed from each cue before it's put in the wall rack
vacuum all the ball boxes every week wet rag em, like you should do to the tables every morning during cleaning, also the inside of each pocket
clean the ball trays once a week or more
dust the blinds once a week man your ventilation system sounds like it needs new filters :).
Clean the windows once a week depends on the dust/dirt
clean and sweep outside front and back twice a week or more might do it every day

some of our normal routine to stay happily in business...... What are some of yours?
Too many ta list.
Steve

....................comments in RED

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
253 west Main Street
Bayshore, New York

Hey!!! I played there last summer!

SUPER place, incredibly friendly. I played a little with Merrill Hughes, the USBA treasurer. My only regret was when I saw the notices that Dick Jaspers was going to be spending a day there after the Verhoeven at Carom Cafe, and I was leaving before that. I hope that is something you do every year with a top player, because one of my bucket list items is to go to the Verhoeven one year and then to your place when a top player is coming for the day.

Keep up the GREAT work - your place is a pleasure to visit.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
253 west Main Street
Bayshore, New York

A bump and a shout out, because I was just there twice last week during a trip to N.Y. I have never been in a better maintained and run pool room. I have no idea what the economics of the room are, but from this player's perspective, this is pool and billiards done right.

Qpolice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sir,ur inbox is full

sir,sry for another time to bothers u.i have sent few pm and emails couple months earlier,at that time i just got a friend can take the cue out from the us,unfortunate i didn't got ur reply ,maybe u didn't got the messages.i sti wanna the ivory mcdaniel cue,if it still for sell,plz reply me,will always waitting ur reply online.GL and BR.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
A bump and a shout out, because I was just there twice last week during a trip to N.Y. I have never been in a better maintained and run pool room. I have no idea what the economics of the room are, but from this player's perspective, this is pool and billiards done right.

Since I did as noted....this for at least 5 years straight, seems like they might of taked a few things to heart. It's important. Even when you do a semi dive area, and everything is clean, smells clean and is maintained, it works. Owning a room is tough action, but if maintained, it's a good step for success. Be interesting to hear the room owners response to this thread....after the fact.