Would this work: Break Tips?

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would a thin, adhesive-backed piece of leather, applied on top of a phenolic tip, provide the benefits of both materials?

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you'd be better off with a Samsara break tip. Those are pretty hard and hold chalk nicely. I've played out racks with one and can spin the ball fine as long as I'm not going to the very outer edges.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would a thin, adhesive-backed piece of leather, applied on top of a phenolic tip, provide the benefits of both materials?

I dont think so.

To get the leather benefit, it couldnt be too thin.

To get the phenolic benefit, the leather would need to be thin enough to not override the phenolic.

So...you end up with both items dilueted. Equivalent and better products exist.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you'd be better off with a Samsara break tip. Those are pretty hard and hold chalk nicely. I've played out racks with one and can spin the ball fine as long as I'm not going to the very outer edges.

Thanks. It's just a product idea... Peel-and-stick on an already installed phenolic tip... Short money, no commitment, no waiting, no altering and possible voiding of warranties, maybe makes a $50 cue break like a $55 cue ;)

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont think so.

To get the leather benefit, it couldnt be too thin.

To get the phenolic benefit, the leather would need to be thin enough to not override the phenolic.

So...you end up with both items dilueted. Equivalent and better products exist.

So it doesn't work 100%, what gimmick does?

Does it sell?