Video Camera reccomendations?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm sure I'll get chewed out for posting something that's been posted before. What video camera would be recommended for recording and viewing pool playing? I'm hoping to get the latest and best.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm sure I'll get chewed out for posting something that's been posted before. What video camera would be recommended for recording and viewing pool playing? I'm hoping to get the latest and best.

I bought a Canon HF G20 from BH Photo. It is excellent indoors. Records for hours with SD cards. Research this camera. I use it to record OnePocket lessons and review practice sessions. Here's the thread...I went with Fast Lenny's recommendation. I'd buy it again. http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=427133

Last edited:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I was able to find a Sony FDR-AX53 for about the same price as the Canon so went with that. It's got everything one would ever want in a video camera including wi-fi connection to computers and smart phones.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a question about both/either of the cameras you guys got. The camera I have (a Panasonic) sometimes has a "wandering frame" due to the automatic image stabilization. The camera evidently sees something moving and tries to keep it still. I haven't found a way to turn (anti-)stabilization off.

Do your cameras show such a problem?

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a question about both/either of the cameras you guys got. The camera I have (a Panasonic) sometimes has a "wandering frame" due to the automatic image stabilization. The camera evidently sees something moving and tries to keep it still. I haven't found a way to turn (anti-)stabilization off.

Do your cameras show such a problem?

The Sony FDR-AX53 has a manual control over almost everything. I set it to infinity focus so it won't be searching when I have it mounted on the wall and at 2 meters on a tripod when analyzing my stroke. I think the aforementioned Canon has that option also.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it depends on what your purpose is. Are you planning on studying something? If that's the case then you want frame-by-frame playback on the camera. Not all cameras have that capacity.