How can I make sure this disassembled table is a 9 footer?

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking at an old Brunswick table that has already been taken down. Hate to buy it that way but it is what it is.

Is there a measurement say for each piece of slate that would help me verify it is indeed a 9 foot table? The seller doesn't know and I'd want to verify it anyway.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I'm looking at an old Brunswick table that has already been taken down. Hate to buy it that way but it is what it is.

Is there a measurement say for each piece of slate that would help me verify it is indeed a 9 foot table? The seller doesn't know and I'd want to verify it anyway.

The width of the slate will give the first number in table size.

3 1/2 X 7, 4 X8, 4 1/2 X 9.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
These measurements came from a pool table sight.
Take them with a grain of salt.

7' Home 45 x 83
8' Regulation 51 x 95
81/2' Oversize 53 x 99
9' Tournament 57 x 107
10' Snooker 63 x 119

Measure the Width of a piece of slate.

Last edited:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks fellas.

So would I correctly assume that the slate width measurement I'm looking for is 50"?

Or actually the full 54"?

The playing width of a 9 footer is 50" inside the cushions, so you will be looking for a width of like 54 - 56 inches total width.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
57"

The playing width of a 9 footer is 50" inside the cushions, so you will be looking for a width of like 54 - 56 inches total width.

57" for a nine footer.

7' Home 45 x 83
8' Regulation 51 x 95
81/2' Oversize 53 x 99
9' Tournament 57 x 107
10' Snooker 63 x 119

BigAlTheTiger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
year

Thanks fellas.

So would I correctly assume that the slate width measurement I'm looking for is 50"?

Or actually the full 54"?

Does it appear to be a newer or older table? If it's an older model, it may only be 54" wide for a 9 footer. I hope it works out for you.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
57" for a nine footer.

7' Home 45 x 83
8' Regulation 51 x 95
81/2' Oversize 53 x 99
9' Tournament 57 x 107
10' Snooker 63 x 119

Not necessarily, depends on how the rails mount. My table is a 10 footer and the slate width is 62".

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Measure the distance between the rail sights, then times by 4. A 9ft has sights 12 1/2" apart on the rails, x 4 = 50"

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Measure the distance between the rail sights, then times by 4. A 9ft has sights 12 1/2" apart on the rails, x 4 = 50"

Dang. You're good.

I learn something each time I read a post from you Glen.

I bow in your presence.

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really appreciate all the tips here, but sadly the ship has sailed without me. The table was an old Brunswick Anniversary in what the seller described as "excellent" condition, local to me and priced at $1,000. The pictures supported the seller's description.

I suspect that was a once in a lifetime deal likely to never be repeated. I wish I had never seen it!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I really appreciate all the tips here, but sadly the ship has sailed without me. The table was an old Brunswick Anniversary in what the seller described as "excellent" condition, local to me and priced at $1,000. The pictures supported the seller's description.

I suspect that was a once in a lifetime deal likely to never be repeated. I wish I had never seen it!

DANG! That was a missed opportunity on your part. Keep your eyes peeled, you may come across another hidden Gem. Part of my business model relies on the fact that I will get in the van and drive 1000 miles to pick up a table!!!
Good luck to you!

Trent from Toledo

BigAlTheTiger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm sorry that you missed the sale, but you had enough info to determine the size of the slate, and the distance that the diamonds are between each other.