New Predator Break Cue is out

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are money ahead by practicing your timing and putting the q ball in the center of the table with the break q you already have.

Most players think Practice is a fate worse than death, cause lots of folks refuse to practice & really won't practice the first shot in every game.

Even a 4 speed, with a good break can give you trouble. We used to have a Tournament in Coffeyville, KS. There were two big ol' country boys that could break up a 9 ball rack & send balls into pockets, like I've never seen. They were 4 Speeds, so when they were on, it was hard to beat them. But this is a situation of itself.

Imagine Van Boening, Skyler, Bustamante or Shaw with a questionable break shot. You might not of ever heard of them.

Results from good practice is REAL...

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Why would anyone in their right mind want to spend that much on this when a Lomax or Brick can be had at the same price?

Because the Revo is better. I've had over 20 breakers including a Lomax & those dymundwood breakers & Gilbert, but I switched to a Revo to break with & it's the best results I've ever had. I personally can't wait to be able to buy this Rush.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In most games, it's what you do after the break that determines the winner. Anyone I ever played that had the King Kong break could not get out consistently.

Predator, like many others have patterned their pricing based on the same formula the Pharmaceutical companies use.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
The new Predator Break cue, the BK-Rush with revo break shaft is out:
$659 for no wrap, $709 for sport wrap.

????????????????????

Are they F'n NUTS!????

People will pay. My friend bought a BK3...Weight bolt keeps coming loose, which is typical for these. Performance is top notch but quality is CRAP.

Anyway, if you play 9/10 ball the break is at least 50% of the game, maybe even 70%, so the pricing makes complete sense. A reasonable kit would consiste of a 700$ break cue, 100$ jump cue and a 200$ playing cue...That would be the correctly prioritized 1000$ for a 9 ball kit. Of course, I don't play a lot of 9 ball outside of the Nationals, so I have a cheap break cue and jump cue and expensive playing cue. Silly me.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If some some/ most people can't wait to buy one I'm sure Predator can't wait to have their money too...LOL!

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People will pay. My friend bought a BK3...Weight bolt keeps coming loose, which is typical for these. Performance is top notch but quality is CRAP.

Anyway, if you play 9/10 ball the break is at least 50% of the game, maybe even 70%, so the pricing makes complete sense. A reasonable kit would consiste of a 700$ break cue, 100$ jump cue and a 200$ playing cue...That would be the correctly prioritized 1000$ for a 9 ball kit. Of course, I don't play a lot of 9 ball outside of the Nationals, so I have a cheap break cue and jump cue and expensive playing cue. Silly me.

The break is the second most important shot in rotation games. The shot on the money ball being the most important and yes your brake can give you control of the table. Your equipment sounds just like mine though I don't use a jump cue. I'm one of the old school guys. I believe kicking/safe kicks is an art. I still play 3 cushion.

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if they will sell the revo break shaft too? And if so at what price?

Also, what is the diameter of that break shaft? I think it's a bit fatter than the 12.9 of the player shaft, right?

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So many pool players want to knock predator, but the same people are whining and complaining about our sport dying out. Predator is one of the only billiard manufacturers who still puts money back into the game with tournaments and sponsorships of players and events, so maybe pool players should be a little more supportive. Yes, their stuff is expensive, but as someone said earlier, Mezz break cues are in the $500 range and If you upgrade the shaft to the best mezz break shaft (imo) the pro-H shaft you are adding on 2-3 hundred extra. Nobody seems to give Mezz crap about their prices. The prices predator listed so far for the bk rush are the MSRP so they will be cheaper from a predator retailer. I expect the actual prices to be comparable to Mezz breakers since they are really the only competitor for high end production break cues. I'm not buying one but I'm sure plenty will. Several pros are already using it wth success- Billy Thorpe, Karl Boyes, Carlo Biado, so I'm sure it does its job very well.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...The prices predator listed so far for the bk rush are the MSRP so they will be cheaper from a predator retailer....

I don't see that happening. The Revo shafts have been out 6 months now and they're still $499.00....from everybody. Apparently, Predator is not allowing their dealers to discount their Revo products. MSRP stands, for now.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator is done with discounting from MSRP. It started with the Revo and has now cascaded to their sneaky petes. This is now the trend as they know they've got a market for their product & anyone who wants a Predator product will simply have to pay what they ask for...

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find it fascinating, that there are so many Predator haters, and the tactics they use are:

- Overpriced
- Marketing gimmicks

Yet the people who say they are overpriced, have no problem spending 1k on a custom cue, where you have a 50/50 chance of getting jerked around by a cue maker and wait forever to get your cue.

Regarding the marketing gimmicks, look at any custom cue maker description on their web pages or on the blue book of pool cues, and what will you read there? The same shit. There is no company I've ever heard of making cues, whether a one man shop, or a production company, that says the truth: The cue doesn't mean shit. Its the indian, not the arrow.

Carry on:)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So many pool players want to knock predator, but the same people are whining and complaining about our sport dying out. Predator is one of the only billiard manufacturers who still puts money back into the game with tournaments and sponsorships of players and events, so maybe pool players should be a little more supportive. Yes, their stuff is expensive, but as someone said earlier, Mezz break cues are in the $500 range and If you upgrade the shaft to the best mezz break shaft (imo) the pro-H shaft you are adding on 2-3 hundred extra. Nobody seems to give Mezz crap about their prices. The prices predator listed so far for the bk rush are the MSRP so they will be cheaper from a predator retailer. I expect the actual prices to be comparable to Mezz breakers since they are really the only competitor for high end production break cues. I'm not buying one but I'm sure plenty will. Several pros are already using it wth success- Billy Thorpe, Karl Boyes, Carlo Biado, so I'm sure it does its job very well.

Great point. Predator sponsors almost every single event out there! I think people hate on Predator, and not Mezz, because Predator is the industry leader. Its just human nature to hate on the most succcesful. That's one of the costs of getting to the top.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can add an Andy Gilbert to that list also.

No offense to those makers, I've hit with those cues plenty of times (Brick, Gilbert, Layne, etc) and they are not bad. However, I spent quite a bit of time at the Predator booth testing out the BK Rush and it is *amazing*. Incredible hit and feel. With respect, a completely different ballpark than the cues mentioned. It looks much nicer than past Predator breakers.

As a connoisseur of break cues I can say without hesitation that this is the best breaker I've ever tried by a significant margin. Just like others would spend a lot more on a nice custom player, they are essentially paying for build and looks. Which is great. For me, I don't care about those things for a break cue. I care about performance, and the BK Rush tops the charts in my opinion, and 2nd is pretty far back.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You make a lot of sense, although I may disagree with your specific distribution of numbers. Funny thing is, as an industry, pool wishes it could be golf. And golfers go nuts buying super expensive drivers for their tee shot, even though many subscribe to the old adage "drive for show putt for dough". I may be very ignorant here, and I know you can get up there in price for putters, but I think the typical high end driver is way more expensive than the typical high end putter. Regardless, I think there are some deep flaws in the logic of "I'd spend a lot on a nice custom but I'd never spend a lot on a break cue".

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is so wrong I have trouble believing you made that post.

I truly believe it. Give any player, from D to Shane, a year to play with any cue, he will learn it, and play to the best of his ability. Even if the prior cue was completely different.