FS Flying W Cues

topcat1953

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I have 5 "Flying W", Robert Weir Cues for Sale.

Finding these is sort of like finding the "Lost Dutchman Mine".

Cue A is 58", 19 oz, 13 mm shaft, Flat-faced joint with an 18 pin - cue is still in new / unused condition - $535

Cue B is 58", 19.5 oz, 13 mm shaft, Flat-faced joint with an 18 pin - cue is used, but in very good condition, virtually markless - $585

Cue C is 58", 19.4 oz, 13 mm shaft, Flat-faced joint with an 18 pin - cue is still in new / unused condition - $755

Cue D is 58", 19.8 oz, 13 mm shaft, Flat-faced joint with an 18 pin - cue is used, but in very good condition - $785

Cue E is 58", 19.7 oz, 13 mm shaft, Flat-faced joint with an 18 pin - cue is used, but in very very good condition - $1095

Some folks swear by the cue with the "Flying W".

These cues are a very rare find. And believe me when I say, for the short time they were on the market, they caused quite a stir in the cuemaking community.

You might be able to find some history at cueauctions.com or follow this link http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=19248&highlight=robert+weir which is well worth reading.

The quality of the cues is still undenyable.

Exact number of cues made and sold is undetermined. Definately under 1000, but may only be 300.

Enjoy.

Q Robert Weir 519new (3).jpg

Q Robert Weir 525used (3).jpg

Q Robert Weir 729new (3).jpg

Q Robert Weir 750used (3).jpg

Q Robert Weir 1079used (3).jpg

Last edited:

topcat1953

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Weir Cues

The "Flying W".

This was a note I had received from a relative of Mr. Weir, during an auction I had recently.
Her name will be kept anonymous.

There was quite a bit of controversy over how and where these cues were made. They were made in Japan in '84 and '85 under the very strict design supervision of Bob. He was proud of those cues and should be. He knew exactly how he wanted them made. After the business deal went sour (for various reasons), he made a few on his own. They were beautiful as well. Who would have known that some would consider them collectors' items? Scandals usually are. But quality will prevail as well. Great cue at a great price. Good luck.