what is the value of this meucci cue

falconplayer

Registered
hello, what is the value of this meucci cue???

jim rempe, meucci cue DSC04094_jpg.jpg

Attachments

• DSC04089_jpg.jpg
    DSC04089_jpg.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 2,727
  • DSC04091_jpg.jpg
    DSC04091_jpg.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,604
  • DSC04092_jpg.jpg
    DSC04092_jpg.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 2,537
  • DSC04093_jpg.jpg
    DSC04093_jpg.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 3,208
Last edited:

rebelchris

rebelchris
Silver Member
re: value

i couldnt say exactly what the value is, but i know i watch for particular meucci cues for sale on ebay and they seem to sell very well. i have been in several bidding "wars" with other bidders and was really surprised how much people are willing to give. i havnt checked but i would be almost positive that meucci cues are by far the most popular name brand on ebay. it just really depends on finding the right buyer. if i found the cue that i wanted and it is pretty difficult to find, i would overpay what the "value" is. i am by no means a meucci expert, but i can tell you i have looked at ALOT and cant say i have seen your cue. i would research it a bit more.

falconplayer

Registered
What do you mean by that?

RRfireblade wrote:*Status:*OfflinePosts: 2,069vCash: 500iTrader:*6*/ 100%Join Date: Apr 2007Location: Florida*****Yesterday, 09:21 PMSome reason , don't know why , but it doesn't actually look like a Meucci to me.

it looks like what??

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That cue looks flawless, was it re-finished or just never used?

It's a pretty nice collectible if in original shape.

Undefined

My cousin has the same cue but with a black wrap. He also got Jim Rempe to autograph it. These cues were special order in the mid 90s and are not in any Meucci catalog. There were only 50 made and are extremely rare and valuable. The original cost was $500. Since they are one of a kind, it's almost impossible to put a price on them. My opinion, you could easily get $3,000 from a collector at auction. Remember only 50 were made, how many survived? and what's the ratio of white vs black wraps made?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everybody is looking for a deal. Buyers and sellers.

If you are asking for general knowledge purposes, it is gonna be one of those things that you'll never get a definite answer to.

If you want to sell it and want to maximize the sale price, you can hope to find someone who has to have it, has money and doesn't try to whittle you down (and doesn't straight up commit a crime to get it).

Or, you can put it on flea bay. That is the biggest marketplace and you will absolutely get fair market value for it. If you have never sold on eBay though, you might want to give an experienced seller a %of the sale price to list it for you. Buyers treat new sellers with caution and will generally not bid as high for a given item as they might from an established seller.

Finally, strong likelihood someone will see this thread and reach out to you about it.

That cue is not going to fund your retirement or college or buy you a house, sorry to say...

Unique looking cue, for sure. Best of luck

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
My cousin has the same cue but with a black wrap. He also got Jim Rempe to autograph it. These cues were special order in the mid 90s and are not in any Meucci catalog. There were only 50 made and are extremely rare and valuable. The original cost was $500. Since they are one of a kind, it's almost impossible to put a price on them. My opinion, you could easily get $3,000 from a collector at auction. Remember only 50 were made, how many survived? and what's the ratio of white vs black wraps made?

IMO, 3k is WAY too high. It's a production model cue regardless. There might be a Meucci collector that would pay original retail and possibly a bit more but that's about it. To me the only thing its got going for it is it's condition.

Ebay will detrmine it's value today

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
THREE GRAND??? Kinda doubt that.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There is pretty much 0 chance of anyone getting 3,000 for that cue. Take a look how much the limited Predator cues are selling for on the used market vs their original price. The cue is in amazing shape and could well be worth more than the $500 original cost, but if any of them sold for over $1,000 unless actually used by Rempe to win a tournament and was signed I would be very surprised. You would A. have to find a Meucci collector (there may be a few out there) B. a Rempe fan (again, there are some but not many that would pay a lot for a cue) and then you have someone that would pay for it over the price or just another used Meucci. Rare does not equal valuable all the time. Rare are desirable by many people equals valuable. I may have the only copy of a comic book made in the 40s by Joe Grable from Brooklyn but it will be not worth as much as the 10 good copies of Superman 1 out there which are a lot less rare.