BREAKING NEWS: Mosconi Cup Team USA

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WITH THE qualification period for Team USA spots now complete, it was Shane Van Boening who topped the ranking after another stellar eight months that saw him record a string of victories. With qualification for the 2017 Mosconi Cup on a different footing, players needed to have finished in the top ten of the ranking to have a chance of being selected for the team by USA captain Johan Ruijsink.

To give himself what he feels is the best possible chance for the USA to win the Mosconi Cup for the first time since 2009, the captain will pick his side from the top ten with the option of going outside the ten for one of his picks should he feel it necessary.

Ruijsink is expected to name his full side early this week.

The 24th running of the Mosconi Cup takes place from Monday to Thursday 4th to 7th December at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas. The defending champions are Europe as Team USA look for their first victory in eight years.

Final Ranking
1 Shane VAN BOENING 330
2 Dennis HATCH 185
3 Skyler WOODWARD 173
4 Billy THORPE 134
5 Rodney MORRIS 128
6 Donny MILLS 118
7 Oscar DOMINGUEZ 116
8 Corey DEUEL 102
9 Hunter LOMBARDO 100
10 Brandon SHUFF 93
11 Johnny ARCHER 83
12 Earl STRICKLAND 74
13 Josh ROBERTS 63
14 Jeremy JONES 59
15 Justin BERGMAN 49
16 Shaun WILKIE 48
17 Devin POTEET 45
T18 James DAVIS 38
T18 Jeremy SOSSEI 38
20 Manny PEREZ 37

For full rankings to www.matchroompool.com/mosconi-cup

Tickets for the Mosconi Cup are available from www.mosconicup.com

2017 MOSCONI CUP is sponsored by Rasson Billiards who supplies the Official Table; the cloth is supplied by Iwan Simonis and the Official Balls are Super Aramith by Saluc. Predator is the Official Cue of the event and Ultimate Team Gear provide all Mosconi Cup apparel.

Read all about it here: http://www.matchroompool.com/news/mosconi-cup/final-team-usa-mosconi-cup-standings/

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
WITH THE qualification period for Team USA spots now complete, it was Shane Van Boening who topped the ranking after another stellar eight months that saw him record a string of victories. With qualification for the 2017 Mosconi Cup on a different footing, players needed to have finished in the top ten of the ranking to have a chance of being selected for the team by USA captain Johan Ruijsink.

To give himself what he feels is the best possible chance for the USA to win the Mosconi Cup for the first time since 2009, the captain will pick his side from the top ten with the option of going outside the ten for one of his picks should he feel it necessary.

Ruijsink is expected to name his full side early this week.

The 24th running of the Mosconi Cup takes place from Monday to Thursday 4th to 7th December at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas. The defending champions are Europe as Team USA look for their first victory in eight years.

Final Ranking
1 Shane VAN BOENING 330
2 Dennis HATCH 185
3 Skyler WOODWARD 173
4 Billy THORPE 134
5 Rodney MORRIS 128
6 Donny MILLS 118
7 Oscar DOMINGUEZ 116
8 Corey DEUEL 102
9 Hunter LOMBARDO 100
10 Brandon SHUFF 93
11 Johnny ARCHER 83
12 Earl STRICKLAND 74
13 Josh ROBERTS 63
14 Jeremy JONES 59
15 Justin BERGMAN 49
16 Shaun WILKIE 48
17 Devin POTEET 45
T18 James DAVIS 38
T18 Jeremy SOSSEI 38
20 Manny PEREZ 37

For full rankings to www.matchroompool.com/mosconi-cup

Tickets for the Mosconi Cup are available from www.mosconicup.com

2017 MOSCONI CUP is sponsored by Rasson Billiards who supplies the Official Table; the cloth is supplied by Iwan Simonis and the Official Balls are Super Aramith by Saluc. Predator is the Official Cue of the event and Ultimate Team Gear provide all Mosconi Cup apparel.

Read all about it here: http://www.matchroompool.com/news/mosconi-cup/final-team-usa-mosconi-cup-standings/

Hopefully 1,2,3,6, and 15

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I hope Donny Mills gets picked...and I hope his biz allows him to get away...
...I was really impressed with his game at the stone recently.

And I always cheer for Bergman

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Interesting that they listed the top 20 rather than the top 10...

I guess to show the rest of the options he has? I doubt he's going to pick his wildcard outside of the top 20.

HoldemRw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope Bergman is the coach pick he has been one of the only brightspots on the team the past 2 years

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Final Ranking
1 Shane VAN BOENING 330
2 Dennis HATCH 185
3 Skyler WOODWARD 173
4 Billy THORPE 134
5 Rodney MORRIS 128
6 Donny MILLS 118
7 Oscar DOMINGUEZ 116
8 Corey DEUEL 102
9 Hunter LOMBARDO 100
10 Brandon SHUFF 93
11 Johnny ARCHER 83
12 Earl STRICKLAND 74
13 Josh ROBERTS 63
14 Jeremy JONES 59
15 Justin BERGMAN 49
16 Shaun WILKIE 48
17 Devin POTEET 45
T18 James DAVIS 38
T18 Jeremy SOSSEI 38
20 Manny PEREZ 37

I like the top 5, with the exception of Dennis Hatch being replaced by Bergman. Morris for Mills could be argued too.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
(snip)

(snip)

BUMP

Jeff Livingston

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regardless of whatever the picks may be, I await with great anticipation how the next few years play out with each individual player who get a chance to work closely with Coach Johan.

Shane most of all.

Johan's influence will last well past the Mosconi Cup and into major tournaments for each of these players.

The result will be some really great pool for all of us to enjoy.

As a fan, I know the next few years will be a real treat.

TILT9

Banned
That's a line-up!
Have to take those name's , ranking and stat's to the local t-shirt print shop .

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Team USA had exactly one player that played well in the 2016 Mosconi Cup and that was Justin Bergman. If Johann omits him from the team, we'll suspect he's still looking out for the interests of team Europe. Then again, Justin Hall was the only Team USA member who played well in the 2014 Mosconi Cup, and Coach Wilson left him off the 2015 team.

SVB, Skyler, Bergman, and Thorpe all need to be on this team. The fifth pick is a tough call.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB, Skyler, Bergman, Hatch (he earned it), and I would go with Oscar over Morris or even Thorpe at this point. I just haven't seen enough high level, big table play out of him YET. Oscar is a grinder and that's what's needed at the Mosconi.

Bergman is an ABSOLUTE must! No questions asked.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to say win or lose I love it when the
'Hatchetman' represents the USA!!!

TD

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Team USA had exactly one player that played well in the 2016 Mosconi Cup and that was Justin Bergman. If Johann omits him from the team, we'll suspect he's still looking out for the interests of team Europe. Then again, Justin Hall was the only Team USA member who played well in the 2014 Mosconi Cup, and Coach Wilson left him off the 2015 team.

SVB, Skyler, Bergman, and Thorpe all need to be on this team. The fifth pick is a tough call.

Perfect list. I would add Donnie Mills. I am not sure how he would hold up to the pressure of the event, but honestly it can't be any worse than it has been in recent years and I think that group of five has the potential to do some damage if they can get on a roll.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Perfect list. I would add Donnie Mills. I am not sure how he would hold up to the pressure of the event, but honestly it can't be any worse than it has been in recent years and I think that group of five has the potential to do some damage if they can get on a roll.

Alex said Donny Mills has a lot of heart....pretty good recommendatio from a Lion...