Predator Revo shaft full review and deflection test

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you suggesting that chalk wears down a carbon fiber revo... but not your wood shaft?

How about name some sports that wood is better than other materials?

Lets see...golf, tennis or any racket sport, baseball/softball, skiing... All use wood but performance is inferior compared to newer materials

Don't burst his little pink bubble....

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't burst his little pink bubble....

Yeah, we wouldn't want to do that.

Look, the guy is clearly significantly "intellectually challenged".
I usually just walk away instead of trying to keep a debate going with those kind of people.
Or, judging by his posts he might be 6 years old at the most.

Last edited:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
As soon as they come out with a 3/8-10 modified pin for the 12.4mm Revo shaft, I plan to purchase one just to compare it to what I currently use.

This past weekend, I got a chance to witness four different professional players using a 12.0 mm Revo shaft with INCREDIBLE PROFICIENCY. (Don't get too excited, most pros can make a broomstick look pretty proficient.)

JoeyA

Forget which Revo thread I read it in but someone asked the Predator rep at the Expo & they said there are no plans to make the shaft available in any other pin size besides the 2 they currently have.

Seems like the best option so far is getting someone to make a mid extension like the balance right that would accommodate the 2 pin sizes.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As soon as they come out with a 3/8-10 modified pin for the 12.4mm Revo shaft, I plan to purchase one just to compare it to what I currently use.

This past weekend, I got a chance to witness four different professional players using a 12.0 mm Revo shaft with INCREDIBLE PROFICIENCY. (Don't get too excited, most pros can make a broomstick look pretty proficient.)

JoeyA

That's interesting, Mine are in the 10.2mm to 11mm tip diameter.
Neil

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you suggesting that chalk wears down a carbon fiber revo... but not your wood shaft?

How about name some sports that wood is better than other materials?

Lets see...golf, tennis or any racket sport, baseball/softball, skiing... All use wood but performance is inferior compared to newer materials

Don't waste your breath. He's an angry old fogie who doesn't believe in new fangled technology or smart enough to understand the simple idea of what an abrasive can do ito wood. I guess he never used sandpaper. Lol If it were up to guys like him golfers would still be playing with wooden clubs. :wink::thumbup:

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neil,
You have Revo shafts in 11mm tip diameter size?

JoeyA

No Joey, that is the size of my carbon pool cue shafts that I was making.
The Revo has made inquiries go through the roof. Mine are not like the Revo at all and have been independently developed in 2004-2006. The J100 jump cue is a variation of my carbon cue shaft and is actually a LD jump cue.
Had to stop making them due to bad health. Hope to be making them again next year if my health improves to that level again.
Neil

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Thanks for the comments, guys.

In regards to my deflection test: the hits I do for these tests are consistent and the soft hit on the Z2 review is the same as the G-Core review is the same as the REVO.

I really do look forward to more players getting a chance to try this shaft out for themselves; I think it's going to change a lot of minds about playing with non-wood shafts.

Also, "airhead" is one word. ;)
I didn't watch the video yet but one way you could be sure the shots are the same speed would be to have a speed gun with a reason that is visible to the viewer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I hit with shaft a month ago. First predator shaft that felt really good to me. $500 for just the shaft is up there but I guess if you want the low defection and radial consistency and a taper you like then maybe this one is for you.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
He sells them! Tests like that might fool the beginning player, but not good players. That video belongs in the aiming forum with the rest of the smoke and mirrors. Johnnyt
Be happy to bet what you want that the top amateur players who use aiming systems will score higher on pocketing tests than those who don't use aiming systems. Make a better comparison because aiming systems work for sure.

MalibuMike

Banned
Yes. unlike Predator that comes out with a new Shaft every other week, TIGER has.....

Could you explain why playing with a predator is unbelivable to you? I've noticed that most people here who are saing that predator is shitty argue that they play better with a standard maple shaft. I can undersand that on some level, they are used to the hit and deflection of a standard shaft, so a LD predator seems like it's not worth it in their eyes.

On the other hand, as I can tell from your signature, you play with a Tiger X Pro, a shaft advertised by Tiger as a "No Deflection Shaft"....

Yes. unlike Predator that comes out with a new Shaft every other week,"We really mean it this time morons!", TIGER has finally made an improvement to their all their shafts, but specifically The ProX, the taper has changed to a longer conical taper going back to just a few inches from the joint, this along with going from an 11.57mm to a 12.0mm tip, Well if there ever was a sweet spot Tiger found it, awesome stiff hit with tons of action, I have been playing with A $400 30" Mezz ExPro for the last 6 months, I received an advance 2nd Gen Tiger Pro X shaft, I put a Zan Medium tip on it and have not picked up my Mezz since!The rest of you are just gunna have to wait!!!
Not sure when Tiger is unleashing this revolutionary shaft, no player or pro who has hit with it has remarked on the Zero Deflection, even on a 10' Diamond Table! Nothing! No detectable deflection to the human eye!
Plus the New Tiger Logo is a Babe Magnet!!!!!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 574
  • 20150429_174214.jpg
    20150429_174214.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg