What tips do you use??

deano1772

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to ask what tips you have on your regular maple shafts???

NOT YOUR LD SHAFTS

Thanks,

Just_Play

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Medium Precision (Searing) tips. If you haven't tried Dennis's tips, do so. You get plenty of spin on the ball and they're just firm enough. Haven't had one glaze over yet which is usually the problem with layered tips.

http://precisiontip.com/

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just installed one of the Caliber Tips on one of my cues this morning. After playing with this for about 2 hours, I'm pulling all of the soft Kamiua tips off and calibers are going on

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Guys,

NOT YOUR LD SHAFTS

Thanks,
I have 6 shafts/4 cues ~ 2 have pooldawg8 milkduds ~ 1 has OLD Chandivert Champion ~ and 3 shafts have the good ole Le Pro !!!
BTW, never again layered tips

Last edited:

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
Medium Precision (Searing) tips. If you haven't tried Dennis's tips, do so. You get plenty of spin on the ball and they're just firm enough. Haven't had one glaze over yet which is usually the problem with layered tips.

http://precisiontip.com/

I have one on my playing shaft and I don't like it. It feels dead to me. I a, going to switch back to G2s soon.

prpavi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Molavia hard, liked the Sniper before it better. Will probably cut Molavia off and put a pressed Triangle (that's on my 314-2).

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Triangle is what I've used for the last 3 years or so.

Another vote for the good old fashioned Triangle. Having tried them all, I don't think there is a better one. Very coarse, you can pick the mediums from the medium-hards, by the look of the tops, depending on your preference.

Of course, some will chime in saying wrong. You must spend more!!!

All the best,
WW

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what do the calibre tips play like?????

Well only had this afternoon to mess around, with a damn good hang over going on, these tips play real well. They are a bit harder than the layered tips I have played with, but they transfer the hit real well and I can move the cue ball and control it every once in a while , which makes me think at times I can really play. I can grab the ball with these tips as well as the Km's , but with that being said, I can jump balls with these tips with my playing cue, something I couldn't do with the others. The tips were expertly installed on my cue, and once I finished with the work ,it was on. for a revue , of these tips
Great product, they play great on my cue, will see how thy play on the cue I hide away that is called "Precious" but that will be after another drinking spell. Now the bad side of these tips. I bought 6 of these at one time, to give myself and the tips a chance to be accustomed to each other. Of the 6 bought, I'm thinking only 4 can be attached to one of my cues. There seems to be some type of tooling stamp that cuts the tips out, and the tooling is a bit off , with it's striking. Not that I can't make the others work out,but it will be a bit of work to make the others work out, Hope That helps
:thumbup:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Guys,

NOT YOUR LD SHAFTS

Thanks,

That's a bit odd question though, why would you have different tips on a standard shaft vs an LD one? It's like the questions that come up about swapping shafts for different games, if you like how a tip or shaft plays, use it for everything.

And most people that play with an LD shaft would not be swapping to a standard shaft to keep it up to playing specs with trying different tips on.

Every time I think I found my "one" tip, I try something else that I end up liking. It's an almost never ending cycle. I thought Kamui Black Soft was IT, then tried the Ki-Tech, then I though that was IT, then I tried the Searing tips, and now they may be IT. Funny thing is that I don't remember the last time I swapped a tip because it was worn, those 3 I changed because they popped off or ferrule got damaged.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one on my playing shaft and I don't like it. It feels dead to me. I a, going to switch back to G2s soon.

Keep trying it, I did not like it at first but I think it's growing on me. I have not tried them, but I imagine they hit like the Kamui standard tips hit. It's firm but still a bit pliable, you need to feel it a bit more subtly though, it's almost like listening to a soft music passage, it won't hit you in the face with it, but you can still enjoy it.

deano1772

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reason was I know people prefer a herder tip on regular shafts to help with squirt and I always had an SS on my LD shaft

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reason was I know people prefer a herder tip on regular shafts to help with squirt and I always had an SS on my LD shaft

if-i-agree-with-you-we-would-both-be-wrong.jpeg

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Several

I have 2 shafts with PoolDawg 8's Milk Duds, one with a Black Kamui Soft and one with a medium Talisman. They are all good tips in my opinion.

I often wonder if break cues and tips are not over rated for all but the top tier players and that ain't me.

I think of all the great players who played great pool with all kinds of tips. Efren is a Milk Dud guy, Shane was a Brown Kamui guy then a Milk Dud guy and many more used other tips.

For me I guess I will try a new tip once in a while, but the Dawg's Milk Duds and the Talismans are good tips and don't cost 20 bucks a pop!

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was pretty happy with the Kamui medium brown, but for half of the price I tried Morakami medium brown and they seem to hit extremely well on my Jacoby HE shaft, Mezz WX900 and Predator 314/2. I've been using them for a year and have not found any reason to dislike them.

They are available at Cuecomponents.com and on Ebay through the same site.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

I and multitudes have had harder tips on before low squirt shaft were conceived. You might know some me people who put hard tips on to help with squirt, but they'd be in the vast minority.

Freddie <~~~ Triangle

Last edited: