any info on troy downey cues?

Dabrew

Troy makes a quality cue at a good price point. My main player is a Downey. It is balanced well, has a solid hit and plays relatively stiff(not overly so). I've played with several others and they are very consistent. The only drawback for a Downey IMO is that the resale value isn't the greatest. That being said once you get one and play with it you probably won't want to sell it anyway. Mine will never be on the market!

I've owned many quality cues, Troy's cues stack up well with them all. They are great players for sure.

pooltableproCP

Is there a problem?
Silver Member
Troy is a top notch maker and person. Values playability over aesthetics, but can still wow you with designs. Learned from high end makers such as Dave Kikel. Prefers to make the flat faced joint with radial brass pin, but will build to your specs. Priced at about 15%-35% less than comparable style cues from more "known" makers. Definitely not a knock off maker, and builds his cues almost exclusively himself with little shop support.

Typically picky about the woods he chooses and also is truly interested in the people that own his cues. A very high value purchase in my opinion.