School or Viking

mtank79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schon or Viking

Between these two & these two only please which is going to be the best bang for the buck. Also if it's Schon how is the standard shaft? I've noticed several that buy the Schon & put a Predator shaft on it.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Between these two & these two only please which is going to be the best bang for the buck. Also if it's Schon how is the standard shaft? I've noticed several that buy the Schon & put a Predator shaft on it.
I recently hit some with a $350 merry-widow Viking w/Vikor shaft. Cue was very well made and the Vikor played great. A LOT of cue for the money. They also now offer a "skinny" 1.20" butt option for around $100 if you like the smaller butt size.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schon. Standard shaft is fine but is not LD. People who put Predators on want LD and Schon makes a great platform for that which is why you see it often. Schon plays great though, Viking is too butt heavy for my taste.

Missing Link

Lock N Link
Silver Member
Be a Viking.

But, as far as cues go, get a basic Schon for around $350-$500, and if you like LD shafts, Schon makes a hybrid for $200. I have owned a Viking, it was a great cue, but nowhere near a Schon. If you want close to Schon play, but more Viking price, buy a Joss.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being a Schon owner with the standard shaft and Predator shaft.......i'd say the best bang for the buck would be an entry level Viking with the Vikor shaft. As far as the Schon standard shaft.....I have had 6 of them and only 1 out of the 6 hit terrible. They have more deflection than a Predator shaft. I started making a lot more balls when I started using the Predator shaft which is why I now just use it exclusively.

mtank79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So best bang for the buck is Viking, best balance & quality straight Schon, & best shooter Schon w/Predator shaft... I ask my buddy this exact question last night & I wake up to a message that says Pechauer butt w/a predator shaft....

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i think you willl get more residual value from the shon if you decide to sell it
icbw

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I think you are asking about attending a pool school or buying a cue.

The cue will not make you a better player.

The school may help you develop a good stroke and a few basic fundamentals that will be more valuable in the long run as you can always buy a cue but can't make up for wasted time developing bad techniques and skills.

Problem is finding a good school or instructor that will recognize your faults and help correct them instead of some of those that are cookie cutters with one size fits all.

🎱

mtank79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you are asking about attending a pool school or buying a cue.

The cue will not make you a better player.

The school may help you develop a good stroke and a few basic fundamentals that will be more valuable in the long run as you can always buy a cue but can't make up for wasted time developing bad techniques and skills.

Problem is finding a good school or instructor that will recognize your faults and help correct them instead of some of those that are cookie cutters with one size fits all.

🎱

Where did all the school talk come from lol? I just wanted feed back on the two cues I mentioned & somehow we've talking schools.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Please check your topic header.

Where did all the school talk come from lol? I just wanted feed back on the two cues I mentioned & somehow we've talking schools.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 10.29.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 10.29.20 AM.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 454

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They wipe the floor up with you and you come back for more

You get no slack on here buddy. Any kind of a mistake, no matter how smell or
insugniffakant you get raked over the coals No dumb questions, no messpelling,
pool nothing else this is AZ mister.
jack

mtank79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn auto-correct on smart phones. So it let me edit it the title but still won't change it on the forum list. How can you edit that or delete a thread? We've not covered that in school yet.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I have a mid level Ebony Schon and an old used cheap Viking. I like the Viking much better. Every Schon that I ever hit had a very nice hit until I got the the Schon I have, its awful. I am not sure why it hits so poorly but Schon is local to me so I plan on going down there some day and trying other shafts on my Schon.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Damn auto-correct on smart phones. So it let me edit it the title but still won't change it on the forum list. How can you edit that or delete a thread? We've not covered that in school yet.

IMG_3350.JPG

Gets us all...

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
If I could choose, I guess I'd like to try out the Viking. I already did the School thing.

Freddie <~~~ looking for one that's Striking

Last edited: