Meucci Cues

Robert Meucci

Meucci Cues-The Standard Of The Industry
Back On Top

To all Meucci Cue players and those of you considering what cue to purchase, take heart, here are the facts:
Meucci Cues have been made exclusively in only five locations-
From 1963-1971-Chicago area north suburbs as BMC Cues.
1975-1979 Memphis, TN on Getwell Rd
1979-1997 Olive Branch MS (there was also a smaller satellite factory that operated in the late 80's and into the 90's in Senatobia MS, in addition to the Olive Branch facility)
1997-2006 Sledge MS.
2006-Present-Byhalia, MS. This is our current location.
Meucci Cues have NEVER been made in China, which has been falsely stated in this forum.
Unlike other manufacturers, such as Predator, Lucasi, Players, some lines of McDermott, Viking, and several other brands, Meucci Cues are totally made, in our shop, from raw lumber and materials to finished product, with the exception of the leather tip and the rubber bumper (side note-at one time, early on, even the rubber bumpers were made by my wife in her oven at home!)
FYI-In the last 42 months, Meucci Cues have won more prize money and more tournaments than all other brands put together, and that includes the so called custom cues that in some cases are just assembled from parts bought from suppliers, blanks, joints, joint rings, etc... We at Meucci make it all from raw stock, making us one of the only true custom cue makers.
We invite anyone interested in seeing our operation to come visit anytime, and like the last three years, I will be here to welcome you. Our address is 3709 Highway 302, Byhalia MS
Bonus FYI-Who are the players that are doing all the aforementioned winning you ask? Well, I'll be happy to tell you-how bout this list?
Loree Jon Hasson, Jayson Shaw, Dennis Orcollo, Skyler Woodward, Chris Lawson, Mike Massey, Max Eberle, Kevin Cheng, Corey Deuel, Devin Poteet, Dennis Hatch....the list goes on, my apologies if I left someone out. These players are going out with our cues and winning-not with specially modified one off cues, but cues just like the ones that can be purchased by anyone-our cues are built to perform, and each one is built that way-they aren't assembled and then over-modified to make them perform-we build each one of them to perform, and that's what they do. What was said in the past is still true to this day-One Ball Better.
In the interest of full disclosure, in 2006, we had a line of 6 cues designed by me and 80% manufactured in China, and we ferruled, tipped, and reshaped and finished the shafts here in our Byhalia plant. This was the Medici line of cues, and it was clearly advertised as 80% made in China, and 20% finished in our plant. 100 cues of each model were sold under the Medici label, and the decision was made to cancel the line due to inconsistencies in quality.
In closing, anyone on a forum like this can say anything they wish, with no facts or proof, and hide behind the anonymity of the internet-the less informed are allowed to say anything, true or false, mostly false....
But now you have the absolute truth about Meucci Cues.

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Bob,

Welcome and thanks for posting!! I had the pleasure of playing with some of your current cues while visiting Southaven Rec. apprx a month ago and was VERY impressed.

I'll visit in the near future.

Your old friend, Adam

Jons2210

Meucci Cues are the standard. In the past 3 years years I have been fortunate to spend lots of time with Bob at the factory. I have been lucky enough to see the operations from the top quality wood used right down to the inspection and I must say that I will continue to be a life long Meucci Guy!

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i bought a Meucci cue in the late 80's.
It played great.
Couple months later the ferulle cracked,I had it replaced.
6 months later it was warped and unplayable. I always kept it in the house,not in the trunk of the car.
Never considered buying one again.
I think all the all great posts above are a little over blown.
I have always thought that Bob Meucci owed me a new cue.
I gave you money and you sold me junk.
I've got a made in China Lucasi cue that is 9 years old and looks brand new.

I'm sure there will be less respectful posts coming.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Google results for "pool cue review" do not produce AZB as the first result. Not the forum nor any page on the web site.

My search was done with all personal info blocked, ads blocked, etc. It is a "pure web search".

Your results are likely skewed by your own web history as cached by Google, as well as possibly your location data and other data.

I went through the first 30 results, 3 pages, and AZB was not there.

The first AZB result is on page four, result number 43, on the fourth page. And it is actually for this: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=73249 Which isn't even a cue review.

In addition, I have commented on and "reviewed" many cues. Some I post, and some I comment on another post. I am honest, forthright, and have no particular loyalty to any brand.

I will admit that I typically support US cue makers, especially Joss, McDermott, Viking, Meucci, Schon, and Schmekle, as well as the custom makers.

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
Hi there Bob, good to see u here in the forums. Loved your old Meuccis – they were amazing. However, have seen more than my fair share of stinkers in the mid-late 2000s which put me off getting a Gambler eventually. However, good to see Meucci making a comeback, hope to try one from the current lineup soon. cheers

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. Tomorrow I'm gonna buy a grocery buggy full of popcorn for this thread, gonna be some interesting comments!

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
My hats off to the creators of this forum for their smart marketing that has gained it the #1 spot for keywords "pool cue review" on Google. It seems comments from the forums inception are kept and stored to further help keep that rankin. When following this forum one must keep in mind that this forum was started by the a top selling dealer of Predator cues and has an attraction of like-minded individuals, who would like to see Meucci Cues reputation to be tarnished. Meucci is and always has been the top selling brand of pool cue for a very good reason... National and International Pros, local pros and the average pool hall junkie love the way they feel, look and play. I would caution anyone who would look to this forum for an honest review of the product. Those who would speak of their collection of Meucci cues and the very positive experience with Meucci are quickly dispatched by a close nit clique of competitors.

We are the #1 Meucci Retailer with a 60 Day Return Policy, yet very few cues are ever returned or complaints that are not expeditiously handled. We too have hundreds of reviews that are made off-site, yet these reviews are far and wide of our customers positive experience. We are unable to alter or delete these honest reviews.

First post in 4 years...

Hi there Bob, good to see u here in the forums. Loved your old Meuccis – they were amazing. However, have seen more than my fair share of stinkers in the mid-late 2000s which put me off getting a Gambler eventually. However, good to see Meucci making a comeback, hope to try one from the current lineup soon. cheers

25th post in 10 years...

Meucci Cues are the standard. In the past 3 years years I have been fortunate to spend lots of time with Bob at the factory. I have been lucky enough to see the operations from the top quality wood used right down to the inspection and I must say that I will continue to be a life long Meucci Guy!

First post in over 3 years...

Pattern seems quite strange after Bob’s first post ever.

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
First post in 4 years...

25th post in 10 years...

First post in over 3 years...

Pattern seems quite strange after Bob’s first post ever.

Well u said it yourself... it’s not like Bob (or his rep, who knows) posts everyday. ;)

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If someone needed warranty work or repairs done, where is a good place to send cue for "quality" work done and returned to the owner in a "timely" fashion? I'm certainly curious about this simply because there has been so many posts/threads concerning this since I've become a member. (2011)

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ah, you changed it. :thumbup:

Your original post cited the search "pool cue review".

And you edited your original post as well.

Let's look at the first three reviews under that first AZB link.

In closing, if you were on the fence about this shaft, I highly suggest giving it a shot. Buying a pro-series cue was more about aesthetics than it was about performance. In reality, I could have just kept playing with the sneaky-pete and saved the money, but I wanted a cue built by the man himself.

They can match any joint for your existing cue, so you can try it for relatively cheap.

Feel free to ask any questions.

I must say that this shaft hits VERY, VERY, VERY well and is super responsive. I haven't tried to figure out its deflective qualities yet, but it hits WAY better than a Predator 314-2 as far as "FEEL" is concerned. This shaft hits SOLID and provides EXCELLENT feedback.

I haven't hit balls with a Meucci shaft in a LONG time, but this is NOTHING like the whippy stuff they used to put out years ago. I would RECOMMEND this shaft to anybody...assuming they all hit as well as the one I have.

In spite of its moniker, 'Power Piston,' this is not a power hitter. If you're into blasting away at stuff, this cue probably will not be to your liking, as it is too easy to put unintended english on the CB at higher speeds. This is a finesse shooter, making the most from just the momentum of the cue itself.

It also snubs sloppy technique. A little unintended right or left of center at impact will either spoil the shot or create shape you may have never even thought was possible from that set-up.

However, use good stroke mechanics and in general ease up on velocity/power and this cue shines. Aiming is as close to point-and-shoot as I've ever experienced. This means that I can devote more mental energy to shape, as the shot-making solution requires less calculation.

Overall, I feel this is the best shooting Meucci I've ever played. Certainly it delivers the most performance vs. cost.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If someone needed warranty work or repairs done, where is a good place to send cue for "quality" work done and returned to the owner in a "timely" fashion? I'm certainly curious about this simply because there has been so many posts/threads concerning this since I've become a member. (2011)

This is an interesting question that was not addressed in the original post at all.

I would ask not just about warranty work but work out of warranty as well.

The complaints have not just been about turn-around time but even not getting a cue back at all.

I am curious about this.

I have a Meucci Original that needs refinished and a couple of shafts made. Should I send it in to Meucci?

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an interesting question that was not addressed in the original post at all.

I would ask not just about warranty work but work out of warranty as well.

The complaints have not just been about turn-around time but even not getting a cue back at all.

I am curious about this.

I have a Meucci Original that needs refinished and a couple of shafts made. Should I send it in to Meucci?

Send it to me. Same result.
You will never get it back but at least I will use it.
Might even have Ernie Martinez refinish it.
Hes local I can find him at his shop if it takes too long.

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bonus FYI-Who are the players that are doing all the aforementioned winning you ask? Well, I'll be happy to tell you-how bout this list?
Loree Jon Hasson, Jayson Shaw, Dennis Orcollo, Skyler Woodward, Chris Lawson, Mike Massey, Max Eberle, Kevin Cheng, Corey Deuel, Devin Poteet, Dennis Hatch....the list goes on, my apologies if I left someone out.

Cliff Joyner seemed to be able to play with any Meucci he had in his hand at the time.